Visiting nurse

I am a nurse who has seen patients regularly at this AL. The home is always very clean, quiet and calm. Caregivers provide very compassionate care and are receptive to recommendations from healthcare provider. Medications are well organized for safer administration. Residents have told me often how good the food is. The long time resident I have cared for there is very satisfied with Blue Danube, as is her family. The only negative I have seen is that one of the caregivers speaks very little English and seems to understand even less; but I must say she is a very kind and effective caregiver. :)

Blue Danube Assisted Living in Euless, Tx.

My wife and I would like to share publicly my personal experience with the care my mother has received at Blue Danube Assisted Living in Euless, Tx. (220 S.Main St., Euless, Tx.) [removed]

My 97 year old mother has resided at Blue Danube since 2013. My mother's condition is quite severe. She suffered a stroke in 2011 which left her wheelchair bound and needing care 24/7. She also suffers from Type II diabetes, macular degeneration, and congestive heart failure (CHF). Yet at BDAL she has received exceptional care despite her extraordinary needs.

Camelia [last name removed], the owner and operator at BDAL, limits the care facility to 4 clients. This guarantees a comfortable home environment for all her residents. All Blue Danube residents have their own rooms with supplied cable TV (Time Warner). Families are welcomed and encouraged to visit as often as they wish. (There are no visitation restrictions that I know of.)

Camelia's residents are treated with respect and are given (a minimum) of three delicious meals a day. Some of these freshly prepared meals come from their own garden out back! Homegrown tomatoes, onions, potatoes, lettuce, and a variety of herbs provide for true organic dishes during the growing season!

Careful attention is also given to those residents with restricted diets. The kindly staff provides room service to those who need additional snacks or drinks. Camelia [last name removed] and her staff also enjoy preparing the home for seasonal holidays, U.S. holidays and birthdays by providing home made cakes and goodies for the families.

For any family looking to provide private care for a loved one, I highly recommend visiting Blue Danube Assisted Living facility in Euless, Texas and see for themselves. I believe you will be impressed!

Thank You Camy and staff for your tremendous efforts at caring for our family members.

Goes The Extra Mile

I visit Blue Danube to see patients for a hospice company I work for and have found the residents to be well groomed and the staff very attentive. One morning I met the owner at one of the patients bedside as she had been up all night changing her and helping her through a difficult night. I will always refer my patients to this care home for the dedication I have witnessed.

Bad Experience

I took my mom to Blue Danube with great expectations the sales pitch sounded ideal. The food always looked good, the house was clean, and it seemed like very personal service. Moms in-home care could come & go as scheduled.
When my mother stayed for about 2 weeks, there was no one for her to talk to The other residents were in stage 7 alzheimers and rarely talked at all. The main care giver had a heavy accent and mom could not understand her, since mom also had alzheimers. One other resident who did talk was impatient with my mother. The main caregiver prefered to play mahjong with this resident and they seemed to communicate well, their common language was german.
The owner, took issue with my mothers doctor who specializes in alzheimers/geriatric psychiatry use of prescription drugs. Not only the dosages, but the types of drugs, and the time of day they were given. So I had my doubts on whether she was giving my mother meds as prescribed. I visited daily, and just never felt easy with the situation. The facility was more concerned with the electric bill than comfort, they would not let mom have a fan, Everyday, when I went they would have her fan unplugged. Mom got sick and left for a hospital stay, so I withdrew her from this facility.
The next home went better and had a 12 hour in-house hospice unit, which was very helpful.

Blue Danube is a family owned and operated Residential Care Facility
located in Euless, Texas. We provide loving attention and care to those who can no longer care for themselves.

Some seniors definitely do not need to be in a Nursing Home, but they
do need help with activities of daily living.
These activities are defined as help with dressing, grooming, bathing, mobility, incontinence, cueing and reminding and medication management. We know that just a bit of help with these things makes a big difference in the quality of life.

Admission is performed on an individual assessment basis. We provide
placement for long-term permanent, short-term recovery and respite care.
Fees are dependent upon the level of care and services required by the
client.We accept private pay only.