Avalon Memory Care - Irving - Irving, TX

WARM, FRIENDLY, STRESS-FREE ENVIRONMENTS FOR RESIDENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES

AVALON is ideal for a permanent residence. The neighborhoods are lovely, quiet, safe; plus, our staff is awake and on duty around the clock to assist residents with health and personal needs. Wheelchairs and walkers are welcome, and we accept residents who have become incontinent.

The care at this community. I like the staff who are always caring to her needs. The community is clean and offers a good environment. They offer activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. I love this location and our multi-year staff members that are so caring and compassionate. Our Director there has been with Avalon since 1997! Although we have gotten larger over the years with 31 locations across Texas into Missouri we are still a family company that cares for people. Wish you the best.

Not A Pleasant Experience

I felt the need to remove my loved one after only a few days. The staff recommends that you stay away and don't visit for the person to settle in which was fine I understood that. However, the first time I had visited I was extremely upset that the staff had mentioned due to the aggression my loved one displayed they had to medicate him and other serious issues that had occurred which caused me to remove him from there.

Jon Seib

The toughest time for a family member as well as the resident coming straight from home is that first 72 hours. If given an opportunity to get through this difficult time I know that you would have found peace and that your loved one would have transitioned. I truly wish you and your entire family the very best and I hope that you and your loved one are doing well.

We are happy with this community.

They are accommodating when it comes to my sisters special diet. The staff are responsive and attentive. They are doing some remodeling so there are not a lot of residents. She does get a little more attention. They keep the wing she is in clean. They currently offer physical therapy a few times a week. I did some follow up and spoke to the owner before we chose this community as the presentation during our first visit was not very professional.

Jon Seib

I appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Sometimes when there is a walk-in tour, because of the population we serve, we are not able to give the time that is needed. I apologize for this. We have one more hallway which includes 11 bathrooms then the renovation of all of the bathrooms will be complete. We so look forward to this!!! Thank you for choosing Avalon.

Quality Care

A very nice community for anyone needing good care. The staff is excellent and always available. My husband is happy with the meals. they do offer activities to keep active. the community is clean and taken care of. I would recommend this community for good quality care.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We are always appreciative of family members that give some insight into the quality of care that we provide at any of our 26 locations across Texas into Missouri. Catrina, our Director in Irving, has been with us going on 20 years now. We have so many other multi-year employees at this location and our others that truly is what makes Avalon special. Take Care.

Working To Some Issue But Overall Good Community

So far it is a work in progress for us here at this community. My husband isn't as old as the other seniors, he still very active and independent. The staff is good, I would say the week staff is more attentive than the weekend staff. They are good at being responsive to our concerns. The food was an issue, he was getting enough food. When I brought this concern up they were quick to fix it. I've noticed there are not many activities offered. We had some minor issues, but I would recommend this community.

Jon Seib

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and appreciate your recommendation of our Irving/Las Colinas location. We, at Avalon, do not claim to be perfect as we are dealing with imperfect situations but certainly try our hardest to make sure that family member's loved ones are provided the caring and compassionate care that they deserve.

She Has Adjusted Better Then We Expected

This is truly an excellent community and everything is working out very well for my friend. She has adjusted very well, better then we expected. She really loves it here. The staff has been very helpful and friendly . The community looks great, everything is nice and clean. The food is okay. she says it could be better. There are nice activities offer for her to choose from. They are caring for her well and I would recommend it.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving the 5 star review. I am so glad to hear that your friend is doing well at our Irving/ Las Colinas location. We are constantly tweaking our care which includes our food to make sure that it is above par. Currently we are implementing a new plan that should alleviate this concern. Thank you so much for bringing it up as ok is not alright. You should be seeing a big difference immediately from ok to extraordinary. Take Care.

Expensive

It was just very expensive. My experience was not typical, my father passed away just a couple days after moving in to Avalon Memory Care. My father seemed to like it there at first, but towards the end he was saying things are not so good.

Jon Seib

There is nothing fun about the death and dying process. I wish you and your family the very best during this difficult time.

Friendly, caring staff

I think they do a great job overall at Avalon Memory care, our experience with them has been a very good one! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. Compared to some of the other communities I've had experience with I really appreciate the interest the staff here takes in the residents, there is a lot of genuine feeling and concern in the care they provide!

Jon Seib

It all starts with the Director at any location. Catrina, who has been with us for 18 years, runs a tight ship while exuding compassion that flows through to the rest of the staff. Thank you so much for the review.

No better care than this for your loved one.

Relaxed, friendly atmosphere. No sticking patient out of sight, but allow to see and be seen in common areas.
Guests are allowed to visit with family most any time of day. Staff patient, calm and responsive.

Margaret,
Thank you so much for leaving this review. It means a lot. It is very important for us to create an atmosphere that is just as marvelous for the family member as it is for our resident. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make this experience as stress free as possible. Take Care.

All I can say is - AMAZING! I walked in and made my decision before I even sat down to speak with someone. Each and every person that works in this home cares about each one of there residents like they are their own family members. My grandmother was only a resident for less than a week before she went home to heaven, but they made her last days the best they could be! Thank you - especially Michelle and EZ!

Thank you and I will love you guys forever......

Jon Seib

Whether it is a shorter stay or longer one it is no nice to hear such accolades as relates to our staff. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to care for your grandmother.

did not go with

I never saw the facility but spoke with a few of the owners. We were considering them, but in the end it turned out not to be the best decision for us financially.

When speaking with the owner, I got a feel that his primary interest was not that of the care of the residents, but in filling rooms. There was one lady (who was their booking agent) whom we interacted with that honestly needs to get into a different field.

Jon Seib

It is unfortunate that you feel this way. We strive and have striven for 20 years to provide the best quality of life for our residents. As in any business it is necessary to produce a profit in order to keep the doors open. We wish you and your family the very best and hope that you were able to find quality care for your loved one.

They are just fantastic

Avalon is 100% improvement over the place we were before. It's night and day. He is bathed and clean and it's so totally different. When he gets a little anxious they know exactly how to work with him. They are just fantastic, there are no odors. I really know that he is being well taken care of. Their staff has been there for so many years, some of the caregivers have been there 9-10 years.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your review. Staff training is key in allowing our residents the ability to maintain a high quality of life. Our non-confrontational approach allows us the ability to handle our resident's activities of daily living without an acceleration in anxiety.

They are doing the most fantastic job.

They are doing the most fantastic job. They are angels from heaven. I can't stress how well they are taking care of my step-mother. They are above and beyond attentive to her. They care more about their residents than I think they do themselves sometimes. They are working with me to help with family difficulties. I didn't think a place like this could ever exist. I can't say enough good things about them, it's more than perfect. They just took such a load off of our minds.

Jon Seib

Wow! Thank you for the accolades. It is the caring and compassionate staff members that make us who we are. We are so happy and fortunate to have so many multi-year staff members at all of our locations for that matter. If anything comes up as we head into the future feel free to call me. Take Care.

praiseworthy

There is so much that they have done which they should be praised for. My uncle is not expected to live much longer, and they have all -every single one of them - been extremely caring, accommodating, and helpful. Sheryl has been really great to work with. So has Michelle. OJ, one of the night aids has become really good friends to my uncle and I really appreciate that. I would highly recommend Avalon Memory Care.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for the positive review. I have always said that you can have a gorgeous location but it is the staff that make the difference. We have so many multi-year employees at all of our locations, including Irving, that are so incredibly compassionate and caring. We are truly blessed. Take Care.

an answered prayer!

Overall I think they have done really well with my mother. She is one that likes to wonder around a lot, and they redirect her as needed, and take really good care of her.

She did fall last week, and no one saw it. I do kind of wish they had cameras so we could go back and see what exactly what happened.

I feel that it's really been an answered prayer! They are very Godly people and have really been great.

Jon Seib

I despise falls...........they happen and happen so quickly. I've had folk fall right in front of me and there was nothing that could be done. I am sorry your loved one had a fall. We will continue to do our best to prevent this from happening. Thank you for this review.

They were the best.

They were the best. Michelle and Sue were awesome! Sue was especially amazing when we first got there. Dr. Rivas was awesome too. We didn't end up being here long, but that wasn't because of them. They were amazing.

Cindi,
Thank you for the review. We appreciate the time we had with your loved one. Sue and Michelle are amazing. Michelle and Sue alone represent almost 15 years of Avalon experience alone. We wish you the very best as you go through this life transition. Take Care.

'home' feeling, with old-fa...

'home' feeling, with old-fashion common sense. outdoor area was nice, but could use more flowers. dark wood floors, but well lit and light colored walls/ceilings. Did not seem very pet or child program friendly, but was fine with relative's children (grandchildren, etc) visiting.

Jon Seib

Appreciate the review. As we are caring for folk with Alzheimer's/ dementia you are correct in that there are no programs for children. Many families visit with their small children in attendance but I am not sure exactly what you are discussing? Please give me a call if I can be of any further assistance or clarify the services that we provide at any of our 18 locations across the Metroplex. Take Care.

Loving and Professional Facility

My brother ,who is in early onset , was involuntarily in a horrible facility ,living in terrible conditions. Our search was for cleanliness, friendliness , and professionalism. It was an answer to prayer to discover Sue Boyd and her excellent staff at Avalon in Irving..My brother is now living in a handsome apartment , with excellent support services for food, recreation ,entertainment and treatment. We recommend Avalon highly.

Jon Seib

I'm so glad we found each other John. Sue and the staff out there are top notch as you are seeing. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Take Care.

Love them like my family.

The last 7 years of my mothers life she resided at the Avalon in Irving. During her time there, she was treated like a mother by all of the employees. Every time I visited she was happy, clean and dressed nicely. The times I visited varied from morning to late night and I was always pleased to know she was safe and with people who cared. For an extended period of time she was not totally aware of her surroundings but was always out of her room . At times I would travel for weeks at a time and never did I worry about her; staff took total responsibility for her care. If I ever need a facility hopefully I can reside at Avalon Irving.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for the review. It is so nice to read about a positive experience from a long term residents family member. We, at Avalon, wish you the very best.

Very nice community!

They've done a great job so far, I'd give them high marks on everything! The facility itself is beautiful, and they always keep it very clean. The staff are very friendly and professional, and the care they provide is great.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your review. Feel free to call me if there is anything else that we can do to provide you loved one the best of care possible.

They need an update.

They need an update. They are probably making some money there, and they need to put it back into the community. It definitely could use some spiffing up inside. It wasn't a good fit for us.

Jon Seib

I appreciate you touring our Irving location. It is true that we are a business and that money is made to operate as such. We continuously put back into our communities(18 locations across the Metroplex) to keep them up to our high standard as we enter our 19th year of existence. If things do not work out at the place that you have chosen feel free to call me personally so that I may talk about some more of the things that set us apart and allow us to provide the highest quality of care for our residents.