Tender Care Home for Adults - Arlington, TX

Although it has 7 bedrooms for the residents, the common living area is not very big and they appeared to be cramped in front of the TV. [Removed] was very nice and was able to accommodate me scheduling a later time and is willing to work with us on VA. Will keep this group home in mind when making a decision.

Nice Tour

It is a good place to see. I did not smell any odors and it seemed clean to me. The community is distant from my home so I did not choose it. But the price is good.

Tender Care Home for Adults is a wonderful place for my mother. They take excellent care of her

Tender Care Home for Adults... the RIGHT choice for your senior loved one.

My father lived at Tender Care Home for Adults for the last four years. He passed away last week. I am here to say that I could not have asked for better care than he received during his stay there. These are the most caring and conscientious people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with and I hardily recommend the Tender Care Home for Adults to anyone that has a senior member of the family that needs more care than can be seen to at home.
My dad stayed at several different assisted living places before coming to Tender Care, yet none came close to the level of care he received there.

Very clean place, kind staff, but wasn't a good fit for my mom.

above and beyond!

Tender Care Home for Adults have really gone above and beyond! They have really been absolutely great! My father can be difficult to deal with and they have all these ways and tricks of dealing with him, getting him to take his medication when he does not want to, and such. They do it in such a kind soothing way. They have taken my father to the hospital when needed, and they would go up and visit him, then when he was finished there they went and picked him up. He really feels that he is at a home that really cares about him.

They are A-1 in their cleanliness and their care

They really go above and beyond. They clean very well. They are A-1 in their cleanliness and their care. I would absolutely recommend the Tender Care Home for Adults. I have already recommended it to others. I am very pleased with this facility. The value is excellent for the services that you receive here. This community has been a great experience. I have only positive things to say about this facility.

It didn't work out, this lasted less than a week.

It didn't work out, this lasted less than a week. When I interviewed them I felt very positive, and they said they thought mom would be a good fit. They came very highly recommended. I felt like after the first couple of days they just gave up on her. When I came they never said there was an issue, but I did see one of the caregivers shun a hug from her. Within a couple of days they were asking us to move. I didn't feel like things were handled very well. I would have appreciated them being more up front with me. There were things they said they would do that they never did.

Everyone was just in bed, and it was very, very depressing.

I toured here when I was looking for places. It was awful. I went home and cried. Everyone was just in bed, and it was very, very depressing. I hope to never have to put my mother in a place like this.

There is no place on the earth that would be better than this place.

She is doing marvelously. There is no place on the earth that would be better than this place. My husband is amazed at the difference in her. She is no longer incontinent, and she is singing. In one month she went from not being able to do anything, to doing so much better, and she has a best friend there. We are just amazed, and just so unbelievably happy. It's wonderful!! We were a little apprehensive because it was so much less expensive than where we were before, but they have been just simply AMAZING. There is no turnover, the staff has been there for years so the residents and the staff really get to know each other.

Christian owned and operated! Very attentive owners and caregivers. A very clean and comfortable environment. Received information from A Place For Mom, however, it's a place for Dad. We could not have ask for a better or more loving home.

Love this place

My father-in-law loves this place. He is well taken care of, staff is very friendly and pays close attention to all of the residents. Highly recommend Tender Care.

Very small, very dark, over...

Very small, very dark, overwhelming smell of air freshener. small room is $3000/month, don't know what else that might include. No written information was provided. Owner seems nice enough but confused about who we were and our appointment.

Immaculate with Love and Tender Care

Place, though small, was immaculate! Residents there seemed to like living there, said they were well taken care of, and the food was very good. Some of the residents have been there for years! It was plain to see that the caregivers were very patient and kind to the residents, and they understood very well how to care for people with dementia/Alzheimers (like my Mom). The place smelled clean too. While this smaller place (only about 4 or 5 residents live there) does not offer the activities the larger facilities do, my Mom is not a "joiner", so she doesn't need a whole lot of activity going on all the time. Tender Care Home feels more like "home" and less like an institution. The ratio of caregiver to residents is much greater here, so my mom will get much more oversight and the help she needs. Mom has only been there about 2 weeks as of this writing, but she seems to be happy, loved and well cared for....and that's important to me. So far, so good!

Has two homes A and B. thi...

Has two homes A and B. thinks mom will fit in an A home-no rooms currently available now. The house was clean , tidy and clean. She currently has no room now. Very nice Christian manager- a little hard to understand

Very nice, staff friendly also RN own...

Very nice, staff friendly also RN owned and gardening in back. Close to my home. Residents look comfortable and friendly.

1st choice preferred by Mom and Dad ...

1st choice preferred by Mom and Dad $3300 per month. $200 deposit goes toward 1st months stay. Scheduled to move by Dec 2,2011

Tender Care Home is located in S.W. Arlington near the popular PARKS MALL and Arlington Medical Plaza Hospital. We provide a comfortable home environment with well trained and caring caregivers to assist your loved one(s) with activities of daily living. We are Texas State licensed to provide loving attention and care to those who can no longer care for themselves. At Tender Care Home, our residents are respected and allowed to maintain their dignity.