We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center - Shelton, CT has yet not published prices.
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
About Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center - Shelton, CT
Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center was recently selected by U.S. News and World Report to receive a Best Nursing Homes Ranking for 2014, a title they had also won in 2013.
Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center At-A-Glance
Newly renovated! Innovative resident/patient friendly design to promote communication and relationships between those we care for, thier families, our staff and our medical team... the first of its kind in the state of CT.
~Five-Star Rating With a long history of positive outcomes.
~Pioneers and innovators in relationship-centered care.
~Tray-Less Dining For a more home-like atmosphere.
~Short-term rehabilitation and long-term care
~Hospice and Palliative Rehab
~On-site Registered Dietician
~Caring for the body, mind, and spirit.
~Consistent Caregivers For stronger relationships and better care.
As pioneer and leaders in the Planetree model of relationship-centered care, we work closely with all area hospitals, including Griffin Hospital in Derby, CT (the home of Planetree) to provide for successful transitions from the hospital, to Bishop Wicke Health Center, and for our short-term rehab patients, back home. We understand the importance of communication and include our residents and our caregiving staff in creating a personalized care plan. Our award-winning Transitions of Care and Congestive Heart Failure programs are just two examples of how we continually strive to innovate and improve to achieve the best outcome for our residents.
It is intentional that we use the phrase “Caring Relationships, Enriching Lives.” Being part of UMH means the way we care for our residents is driven by our Mission. Our focus on relationship-centered care is at the heart of all we do.
Located in Shelton, CT, Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center provides residents with skilled nursing care and shared or private accommodation. Recently renovated, the Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center was designed to promote relationships and communication between residents, their families, the medical team, and the staff.
The nursing stations are designed without physical barriers, which ensures that residents and families can connect with the staff regardless of mobility. Staff at the facility clearly understands the importance of communication, which is why caregivers and residents are involved in developing a personalized care plan.
The facility has received awards that show its efforts to achieve the best outcomes for residents.
- Average Age: The median age in this zip code is 46 years old.
- Average Weather Info: July and January are the warmest and coolest months respectively in Shelton. Shelton gets 50 inches of rain annually, and the average snowfall is 33 inches. There are 176 sunny days on average annually in this city.
- Buses: Mason Transit Authority and Valley Transit are the two bus agencies that residents can use. The latter operates a fleet of fourteen minibuses on a reserved-ride basis. The former travels a set route and a regular schedule.
- Trains: The train station is in Derby, but it's close to Shelton. Therefore, residents shouldn't have a challenging time accessing a train. Click here for the train schedule.
Health and Safety
The facility partners with area hospitals such as Griffin Hospital to guarantee successful transitions from the hospital to this center.
- Hospitals: Some of the hospitals around this facility include St. Vincent's Shelton Urgent Care Center, Connecticut Heart/Vascular Center, and Huntington Walk-In.
- Crime Rate: Shelton is safer than other cities in the country. The crime index is 66%.
Sports and Leisure
- Golf Courses: Highland Golf Club of Shelton Inc., Browson Country Club, and Sports Center of Connecticut are some of the golf courses in Shelton that residents can visit to play golf.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Residents at Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center can play tennis at East Village Park, MacNeill Tennis Lessons, Shelton High School, Brownson Country Club, and Shelton Parks and Recreation.
- Gyms: Some of the senior friendly gyms nearby include Orangetheory Fitness and The Edge Fitness Clubs Shelton.
Shopping and Entertainment
- Apparel: Residents can shop at Walmart, Clothing Outlet, T.J. Maxx, Dressbarn Woman, ICD Creative Studios LLC, and the Shelton Square Shopping Center.
- Grocery Stores: Residents can do their grocery shopping at ShopRite of Shelton, The Common Bond Market, Stop & Shop, Walmart, White Hills IGA Supermarket, Wooster Street Market, and Mill Variety.
- Restaurants: II Palio Restaurant, Wellington Restaurant, Red Lotus Restaurant, Berticci's, Outback Steakhouse, Caloroso Eatery & Bar, Plaza Diner Restaurant, La Scogliera, and Panera Bread are some of the world-class restaurants near Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- Movie Theaters: Some of the movie theaters that residents at this facility can go to grab the latest films are Center Stage Theatre, Inc., and Bow Tie Criterion Cinemas.
- Libraries: Huntington Branch Library and Plumb Memorial Library are the two closest libraries within Shelton city.
- Salons: S Salon by Salvatore is one of the best senior friendly salons nearby.
- Attractions: There are plenty of things to do and see in Shelton, CT. Residents can discover the pure fun, natural beauty, and €˜'hometown feel'' of this New England town. Among Shelton's top attractions are Discovery Museum and Planetarium, Barnum Museum, Beardsley, and Norwalk Maritime Center. Other must-see attractions are Kettletown State Park, Osbornedale State Park, Indian Well State Park, and Webb Mountain Park.
- Religious Facilities: Residents can attend services at First United Methodist Church, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Saint Lawrence Parish, Huntington United Methodist, St. Margaret Mary Church, and Church of the Good Shepherd Episcopal.