Carriage Green at Milford - Milford, CT

Carriage Green review

My mother is very happy there. Could use more help on weekends.
Could use a little brightening up with paint and brighter carpet.

Medical Model of greatness!

Carriage Green at Milford is a wonderful community. The level of care they provide is a medical model, versus a social model. This community is very clean and modest in their decor but their level of care is amazing. They are very accommodating to the care needs of my cousin. He is well looked after by the staff members. He enjoys the meals they provide here. They offer activities and entertainment and although he is not too interested in the activities my mom enjoyed playing Bingo with the residents when she came to visit him. I would definitely recommend the Carriage Green at Milford.

Mom likes Carriage Green!!

Things are going so far so good. The community is clean and well maintained. I have tried the food and I think it is good. They offer daily activities including bingo and exercise classes. I would recommend this community.

Mom Feels Like She Is At Home

We are happy with the care and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. My mom is happy with the meals. My mom likes activities and meeting new people. She is planning to go on outings. It is a really great place, she is enjoying it and feels like she is home. The only issue is not having a stylist available more than once a week. I have to take my mom to a stylist outside the community. However, I would recommend them.

Expeditious Move

Carriage Green went all out for us to be able to move brother-in-law from the hospital directly to their place. He is now in a safe and caring environment. Gets delicious meals 3 times a day, daily exercise sessions and even a Sunday Mass. We are very thankful for the service and support offered by Carriage Green.

I do not recommend Carriage Green for your loved one!

My mother-in-law lived there for five years. While she could take care of herself and get to meals on her own all was great. As she started to lose some cognitive ability the care really did not step in as it should have. They did not step up until she had had two falls, the second she never recovered from and had to go to a nursing home.
During the five years, as time went on, more and more general managers were replaced. They seemed to be less about the residents and more about filling the rooms and profits. The tone of the place changed and became unfriendly.

The management was very nasty to us when we told them she could not come back(after the fall) and did not answer phone calls, ignored us in the halls. We were able to manage moving out her things by the kindness of the staff there. We had to give notice by email (unanswered).

I would not recommend sending your loved one there. I would look for some place where your loved one can age in place and where the management respects the family.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as we value all feedback. We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please contact the Executive Director ([removed]) regarding your concerns as it is our goal to not only customize care to the particular needs of each individual resident, but to also ensure their utmost safety and security.

They have been good to us. We like it so far!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks! Please let us know ([removed]) if you have any questions or concerns.

It was a lovely place with lovely people.

We toured here as we were looking. It was a lovely place with lovely people. We liked the set activities schedule, and it was closer to home than the other communities we looked at. It was overall a well rounded place.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Very nice place!

Everything has gone very well so far at Carriage Green! The people are friendly, the facility is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here. We're completely satisfied, and I would definitely recommend them as being worth a look!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions with us. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

An overall safe and caring environment

Overall I am happy with the care provided for my mom. The resident care assistants (I don't believe they are CNAs) are kind and caring. There are LPNs that oversee medication and medical issues. I follow my Mom's care, visiting twice a week and making sure anything that needs addressing is taken care of. She is able to have physical therapy there which has been very helpful. The activities director is wonderful and keeps the residents engaged.

It’s established with a very good reputation.

It’s established with a very good reputation. I haven’t seen anything unpleasant in the multiple times I’ve been able to visit the community. My mother says the food is good. There are outside areas for loved ones to use.

I'm happy with this choice of Carriage Green

The kindness and friendliness of the staff is making my mother happy most of the time, even though she didn't adapt to the change from home easily. She was used to my one on one attention for four and a half years. But she is coming around, thanks to their help.

Bright, clean, and a positive atmosphere

We're very pleased with the care here, we feel like our loved ones are happy and safe. Their staff are incredibly friendly and caring with all of the residents, and we feel like they really bent over backwards to make our loved ones comfortable and help them participate. They've been very responsive when we've had any questions or issues. Out of all of the communities we looked at this one was the brightest, cleanest, and most upbeat. One complaint I have is that the food is not so hot, and could use improvement.

Nice Amenities

It was nice but it just wasn't as friendly as another place. The big thing was the personality of the place. That was the selling point for my folks. I would have moved in to any one I saw, Carriage Green included. They had nice amenities and everything. It's just that the person that toured us and the feel of the place weren't as warm and fuzzy as another place.

Just need to work on the food

They're doing a very fine job, we're very happy with them. According to my mother-the food service is excellent as far as the choices- she just thinks that how they cook the food, a lot of times it seems to be over done. I'm not sure why that is but as far as food selection, they have a wide selection, they have weight watchers, low sodium, low sugar, which is actually a big plus and star for us. I don't know who cooks or how many people are cooking and in all fairness, I haven't talked to anyone about it so they haven't gotten the chance to fix it.
Otherwise everything is fine, she's very happy with it.

Not clear if they have vege...

Not clear if they have vegetarian options. In -between B's work and home. Would consider paying staff a la carte to car for dog. Great courtyard with garden. Residents in lock-in ward seem happy and can go outdoors. Offered to create custom plan while she is capable to help other residents and do her own laundry, but not sure if she will be capable by the time she agrees or is ordered to move.

Residents seemed livelier than others...

Residents seemed livelier than others. Less costly by $6,000/year than Meriden's Benchmark. The town was sold beautifully to me.

Carriage Green at Milford is nestled in a residential neighborhood in the quaint New England town of Milford, CT. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community, where residents enjoy a wonderful quality of life and carefree lifestyle that is secure and comfortable. Grab the train into New York City or take a short drive to downtown Milford, where you will find wonderful restaurants, shopping, and entertainment.

If you need help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, you'll enjoy a lifestyle that combines the services and amenities of a fine hotel with the personalized assistance and care you need to remain as independent as possible.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Carriage Green at Milford offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.