MiddleBrook Farms at Trumbull - Trumbull, CT

[Name removed] has had a successful transition. The staff at Middle Brook Farms is top notch - kind, responsive and attentive. It's very clean and the care has been great. Thank you!

Fun Activities

Mom is very happy with her apartment, the dining room and especially all the fun activities. I'm glad she is in a safe and friendly environment. The staff is great.

I highly recommend Middle Brook Farms - the facility and the staff are awesome!

When I originally spoke with the people from Middle Brook Farms I was in full on crisis mode. I had to find a place for my mom in only a few days and wasn't sure what to do next. Living and working in New York made everything even more difficult. Everyone I dealt with were absolutely wonderful! Although my mom was only going to be there for a thirty day respite they treated my mom and I like she was going to be permanent resident. They constantly called me to ask questions and keep me updated. My mom has been thriving since being there under the their excellent care and is going to miss it when she goes home soon. I would highly recommend Middle Brook to anyone looking for a warm, friendly place to call home and feel safe and well cared for. My sincerest thanks to everyone for all that was done for both mom and I.

Help and Planning

My parent has received attentive care from many. However, he has multiple health issues and is in decline. I think the planning of his placement could have been clearer. We do appreciate assistance with many other issues though.

The layout of this facility is very cheery - the common spaces are light-filled, and encouraged lots of interaction for the residents, who all seemed rather contented and friendly. The Executive Director, Phil, was very helpful and patient in answering all our questions and concerns. The food ( we ate here twice) was very tasty, and they seem to have lots of attentive staff around - an important factor for us. We are looking forward to Mom's stay here.

Wonderful Care and Attention

So far, I have seen and felt nothing but the best of care given to my mother.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks! Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you.

Very nice place. Liked the country kitchens on each floor. Did not have big enough apartments for mom. [removed]

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for sharing. Please call us ([removed]) if we can ever help with anything.

Memory Care that goes above and Beyond

My family and I researched and visited several assisted living communities in our area. The process can be overwhelming and exhausting. Upon entering Middlebrook Farms of Trumbull, we were welcomed and immediately put at ease. Their staff is genuinely friendly and caring. The environment is beautifully decorated and very clean. Our Dad has memory impairment and also requires assistance with personal care. The Harbor unit at Middlebrook Farms is specifically designed and staffed to meet his needs. The layout and design of the unit gives him a feeling of being more at home than in a facility. The staff are always present throughout the Harbor assisting residents or just spending time with them. There are activities scheduled from breakfast until dinner which are geared for the residents abilities. If Dad is not interested in participating in the activity, other staff are available to be with him and engage him in conversation or another activity. The staff are very patient with the residents- their training in Memory care shows!
Before coming to stay at Middlebrook Farms, our Dad was in and out of nursing homes and hospitals several times. His transition to assisted living was complicated, however the Admissions team at Middlebrook Farms went above and beyond to coordinate with the other facilities and make his transfer as seem-less as possible. The Nurses and Admissions team stayed by our side as advocates, resources and support to get the proper plan and equipment in place for Dad. Before he moved in, we had a family care plan meeting with a member of every department present to create a comprehensive plan of care specific to his needs - which is being followed by the Harbor staff.
The only item I caution on is watching for any added costs for specialty items - such as the thickened liquids that our dad requires in his diet. Those items are not added up-front however they are listed in the price guide provided with the admission paperwork.
We are very happy that Dad is settled into the Harbor and is already getting involved with activities and adjusted well. I highly recommend going to their community and learning about their philosophy of care.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our families. Thanks for your kind words! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your family ([removed]).

Nice place, overall

Our experience with MiddleBrook Farms has been a good one overall, it seems like a nice place. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they have a good amount of activities and services that they offer for the residents. The facility is well kept and clean, and it is nestled in a a nice looking neighborhood with plenty of trees and good places to walk, which was important to my loved one.
I was hoping the community would be a bit more active, however. My loved one has a few memory issues and needed something a little more than independent living, but this place has a bit more of a nursing home feel than we were hoping for.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing! Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please call us ([removed]) if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

So far it's been great.

So far it's been great. It's clean and nice, and the staff is friendly. The food seems pretty good. There have been a few little hiccups, but nothing major. We like it so far, I would give them a five.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks! Please feel free to call us at any time ([removed]) if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Warm, welcoming atmosphere with exceptional support staff.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing! Please contact the Executive Director if we can ever be of assistance to you and your family. [removed]

Very pleasant respite stay

I was here briefly for a short respite stay, but overall I was very impressed by everything that they provided! It was a nice looking, clean community, the staff were all very friendly, and they have a lot to provide for their residents!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please feel free to contact us at [removed] if you ever need anything in the future.

Whenever I have an issue or concern i...

Whenever I have an issue or concern it is dealt with respectfully and professionally. Moving my mother to assisted living has been no easy feat and it will not be without its continual issues. At Middlebrook, I know that my mother is safe, well-fed, engaged and ultimately happy.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

Practically Perfect

Whenever I have an issue or concern it is dealt with respectfully and professionally. Moving my mother to assisted living has been no easy feat and it will not be without its continual issues. At Middlebrook, I know that my mother is safe, well-fed, engaged and ultimately happy even though she won't admit it!

Very nice Assisted Living Community. ...

Very nice Assisted Living Community. Their Harbor program is one of the better dementia units in the area. My father had been in another community in Stratford (hint: begins with the letter "A") and the care he received there was horrendous. Not as "secure" as one would think. Middlebrook Farms is far superior.

Very pleased with this place overall

We're very pleased with this place so far. The accommodations are very very nice, the one room apartment we picked out is very spacious. One of the main reasons we selected this place is that they've got a great program for veterans. I'd give them top marks across the board, it's a great looking place, the staff are all friendly, and the care and activities are good.

Nice looking place

We toured this place when we were looking into options for our loved ones. It was a nice looking place, and the staff were friendly during the tour. We just didn't feel like the atmosphere here was as good a fit as the other Benchmark community we toured, which was the one we ended up selecting for our loved one, but this place was good overall.

My Aunt Loves MiddleBrook Farms

They probably could improve by adding more staff. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to respond to the call button. My aunt stays very busy there. She loves it there. The food is good. I've eaten there myself. We looked at other places but this seemed like the best place for her.

Expensive but

In terms of service and care and working with the family, I would rate them 5 but in terms of expense I would give them a 4. It's expensive but the care and activities are good. They've been really good with my dad. They're very responsive to him and to the family, and the staff really pays a lot of attention to him. He's on a memory care unit with 24 hr staffing. We were planning to move him into the regular assisted living side but the nursing evaluation determined that he would have difficulty in the open setting without the staff support.

They have been very supportive of the family through the process. All of us live out of state and they're really good at keeping in touch. The unit director and activities director are wonderful, the nursing staff is great, and the resident assistants have been terrific. My dad seems to have settled in. His room could be a little bigger, but the biggest drawback is the expense. We're lucky he has the resources.

One of the Better Places

MiddleBrook Farms was nice but we just couldn't make our loved one move anywhere. I think of all these kinds of places, MiddleBrook Farms was probably one of the better ones. The staff was fine and they were competitively priced with that level of care.

Catered to Residents

it wasn't anywhere near as fancy as Maplewood but you got the sense that there were more activities and it seemed like they catered more to the residents. We didn't choose primarily because it was in Trumbull, so the location wasn't as convenient. Also, the size, it was a little large and we thought that mom could get lost.

Outstanding People and Property

I could never have gotten better support anywhere than what I got at Middlebrook Farms. The people were outstanding and tremendously helpful to me during this very difficult time. They loved my sister as much as I do.

Nice, but not the best location for us

I thought that Middlebrook was a very good place, their directors were nice that we spoke to, their caretakers seemed to be nice. Only one of my brother would have been really close to her so the rest of us would have had to drive a bit longer. I'm the main caregiver for my mom so driving out to Trumbull would have been inconvinient. It was also a little bit more expensive than the other place we were looking at but I liked their food (my mom didn't) and it seemed like a nice place.

Chose Middlebrook Farms for my father

My sister and I toured 6 assisted living facilities and selected Middlebrook Farms for our father who has moderate Alzheimer's. The staff is very nice and accommodating and the monthly rent for a 1BR fit my dad's budget. We like the wide open common area as you walk into the lobby, and find the residents very friendly and well cared for. My dad likes the food and the various activities.

I LOVED this place...The director was...

I LOVED this place...The director was so warm and welcoming as was everyone I met there..especially the residents!

Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull is nestled in a quiet, residential neighborhood within the charming town of Trumbull. We are convenient to shops and amenities and just a short distance from the theater as well as Sacred Heart and Fairfield Universities. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community. Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle where they feel secure and comfortable. They relish in the quiet of our library, enjoy refreshments, and take strolls along our beautiful walking paths. With all this, plus a wide variety of health and wellness amenities, our residents' lives are active, social, and fulfilled!

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Middlebrook Farm