Brookdale Woodbridge - Woodbridge, CT

Brookdale Woodbridge - Woodbridge, CT has yet not published prices.

Very nice facility friendly staff and [name removed] was very pleasant and informative. Nice grounds.

Satisfied

Everything is working out well with my fathers move to this community. He is doing great, and I'am satisfied with everything they have done for our family.

I am very glad to have found this facility. My relative is doing much better than at the previous facility. The staff is very caring and the activities are very good. I was surprised at the lack of adjustment time. My relative arrived and immediately felt comfortable and I knew I had made the right decision. Go here if you need Memory Care. [Removed] is excellent.

My tour

This looked like a very clean nice community when we toured it. This community does allow pets and seems to offer a lot of nice activities. They offer transportation and they have a pool for the residents to enjoy. This community was just a little more expensive than the community we chose.

A good tour

The people we met at this community were very friendly and helpful. The community looked clean. They seem to offer a lot of daily activities and they also allow pets. The community we chose was closer to family.

Not Happy with This Community

My family is not pleased with our experiences in this community. We feel they nickel, and dime us to get us into this community. There were promises made that they did not follow through with. They said there were aids to help her get used to the routine around the community, and they were never scheduled. She had no type of orientation with her move into the facility. We have not had a good experience with my mothers move to this community. Be sure to read the contract. Do not just take their word. Be an advocate for your loved one and stay involved. Keep an eye on things.

Couldn't be Happier with this Facility

My grandmother is doing great in this community. I do feel comfortable with her move to this facility. She is safe, and in good hands. The staff is great, they have been very helpful when needed, professional, and they are skilled in the care they provide their residents. When I come to visit her the community, and her room is nice, and clean. I couldn't be happier with my choice to move my grandmother to this community. I would recommend it, I'am satisfied.

Brookdale was very clean and the services they provide seemed adequate. I did not get that at home feeling. The tour guide did not seem prepared. It was a very nice facility but just did not feel like the right fit for my mother.

Great Meals and activities!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for him . He has really been enjoying the dinning experience and the three meals they serve them throughout the day. He also has been participating in some of the many activities which I am impressed to see him doing. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

Knowledgeable Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour that I had at this property. All of the staff where very friendly and made sure to give my loved one lots of great information about there community. It was a spacious floor plan with lots of great amenities offered to there residents. The location was just not a right fit for my family.

Going Well

Everything is going well for my mother here at this community. I'am pleased with her move here, she is being cared for well. It is fine community.

Caring Staff!!

My loved one is doing good at the community still adjusting a little. I feel like i could recommend the community as of the moment they have been providing good services. Activities are offered to the residents. One thing that could be better would be the meals. A range of diverse meals would be good. Overall, the community is kept clean and everyone is nice.

Review of Brookdale Woodbridge - Woodbridge, CT

Very nice facility with caring staff members. Strong memory care program

My cousin is only there a day but all seems quite satisfactory so far.

Nice, But Poor Response Time

The people seem nice, but I think their response time is very poor. I also think they are just in the beginning stages of where they need to be right now. They are just getting started at Emeritus at Woodbridge.

very friendly and welcoming

My parents were only there at Emeritus at Woodbridge for about a week. They do a lot of things well. Everybody there is very friendly and welcoming, and the food is really good.

One thing that they could do better is coordinating the on-boarding of the patients. My parents seemed a little confused and unsure of exactly what they were supposed to do.

Other than that everything was very good.

Good experience, overall

We've had a good experience overall with Emeritus at Woodbridge! The staff here are friendly and helpful, and do a good job looking after the residents. The facility itself is nice looking, and always very clean. I would recommend it to anyone looking into senior care in the area.

Ann for Angie

Wonderful atmosphere at a price lower than others in the area. Mother-in-law reluctantly agreed to try assisted living and was happy with Emeritus within weeks. Unfortunately, she lost her balance and fell, cracking her hip. Fortunately, however, she was at Emeritus and was helped immediately and brought to the hospital. Thank God she was not at home when it happened! She is currently in rehab but is anxiously awaiting the time she can return,

Wonderful place!

We've had a wonderful experience overall with Emeritus at Woodbridge! I have to specifically call out their marketing person, John Babecki. I have never experienced such good follow-through and customer service. He was a huge help throughout the whole process. He had excellent listening skills and really catered the information he provided to our needs. He's also continued to follow up with us even after the move, which I really appreciate!
And the community itself is fabulous as well! The facility is well kept and clean, and the staff are all friendly and professional. You can really tell that the staff are close, they work very well as a team.

Friendly and clean facility with grea...

Friendly and clean facility with great administrative and care support staff.

They need new staff.

Cleanliness is not an issue here. The staff are nice when the family is there. There are a couple of people that are wonderful, the nurse is fantastic. The waitstaff and dining staff are awful, and the food isn't good, and the atmosphere isn't nice. The staff act like the residents aren't even there, they talk among themselves right in front of them. They grumble and complain about work and aren't very professional. We really liked the location, and she liked the looks of it, and was impressed with it.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Emeritus has been a good one! It's a very nice place, and the staff have all been very friendly so far. They did a great job getting my loved one settled and introduced to everyone in the community. The food is also good, above average for these sorts of places.

Accommodating Staff and Balanced Meals

My father-in-law is difficult. He has mild dementia and he's not always that easy to deal with. I think they've done a really nice job being accommodating. He looks like he's being taken care of more than he has in years. He's doing better so it's all good. It's clean, it's friendly, and he's eating balanced meals. He's not that social but if he were a social person, we notice that there are a lot activities that he has the option to get involved in. They're doing a great job.

My First Choice!

Emeritus at Woodbridge was my first choice. I would have picked them if the decision was up to me. I liked that they would provide extra care as you go. When my father needed extra care and another place we had to go to an exterior service and bring them in but at Emeritus they have people there that do that and they also have hospice care there so essentially my father would never have had to leave there. That would have been great but my mother had friends that were in another place so she was more familiar and comfortable with that.

First 30 days

Staff is helpful and friendly. Common area bathrooms are not as clean as I would like. Activities are baseline, but my mom seemed to really enjoy the scenic drive through Seymour/Oxford.

Some of the food is not the best quality, e.g., tomato rice soup, turkey cheese sandwich. Soup is watery and the sandwich is not substantial enough.

They put on a show and don't follow through

With the level of care my mother needed, they were not there when the button was pushed, it took them a long time to get there, my mother felt that they weren't helping her at all but they really put on a show when I was there. Some of the people were nice, others were just going through the motions of doing their job. It was very, very basic and they always were nice when I talked to them but they didn't follow through with the things they said they would do.
We left because 1. My mother wasn't happy there because she was very, very upset with the way they were treating her, they didn't do for her what she wanted them to do and 2. She worked really hard to go back home so that's what we did.
The people from the outside were better than the ones on the inside, they put on a very good show and that's what happened, I did it quickly and I don't know if the other ones I looked at would have been better.

Friend's Respite Stay

It's all expensive but the value was good. My friend was there for a respite stay. He commented that the staff, the cleaning staff, came in I don't know if it was with out knocking, but if he wasn't there they would come in and didn't lock the door behind them. He felt like it was a hospital instead of his home where he can lock his door and know that all his things are safe.

Okay First Impression

I'd say it was okay. The overall impression we had was just not as good as another place. It didn't seem as clean or as good in general. I don't know if this is fair since we just took tour but for a first impression, it was okay.

Best overall

We're very happy with them. I would say the values gotta be pretty decent but we've never spend this kind of money before and its certainly more expensive than living at home. My mom just said she went out to a luau this past week and said she had a blast. She's going out to lunch a couple of times a week; now she's eating more meals than she's ever eaten before and she's really enjoying being there. Their director, Kari Webster, I got along with her very well, I liked the atmosphere as well and all of the other categories were reasons why we chose Emeritus. The value compared to the other finalist was better so we would be able to keep her there longer and its also more centrally located to us family members and we don't have to drive as far.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.