Coachman Square at Woodbridge - Woodbridge, CT

Tour for care

This was nice tour and the staff were nice and caring. We liked that the community seemed nice and clean. They do offer a lot of nice activities. The menu seemed appealing. This community was not as close as was needed. Other families might want to tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Coachman Square! The staff here is fantastic, they really go above and beyond when it comes to helping out the residents and making them feel at home. This was the first place I toured, and they really won me over the moment I stepped in the door!

Peace of mind

Coachman's Square was a fabulous choice on many levels. My mother(92) is actually happy here—loves the facility, the food, cleanliness, the staff friendliness and support. My father's(94) needs are well taken care of medically, physically and mentally.
My brother and I have been given a gift, knowing that our parents are safe. It doesn't eliminate all that is involved in care-taking, but it certainly allows us the opportunity to go "AAAAH"

Dignity and care

The care my mother is receiving is as good or better than the skilled nursing facility she was previously residing. The aides always have a smile or a kind word no matter how many times they are called to my mom's apartment. She has to be moved by hoyer lift or very carefully from bed to wheelchair always a challenge and the aides are amazing. That alone means everything, she doesn't feel like a burden anymore, they leave her with dignity and that can mean everything at this point in her life with her limitations.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Good Activities, Confusing Billing

I had nothing to compare it to but my expectations were a little high. My dad was at the end of a very long haul and was pretty much by himself. I thought there would be more supervision, that they would be more hands on. He was in the dementia unit.

The activities were pretty good. He was only there for about a month but he was starting to participate a little bit more. I thought they had a wide range of things for them to do. They had bingo and trivia, and a lot of day trips. On Sundays they had a person come in who would sing or play an instrument.

The billing was very confusing. They were happy to go through it with you but it wasn't something you could figure it out by yourself. He was there for only about a month but we did pay for like 3 months. Also, we're in the middle of trying to get my father's long term care insurance and it's been a struggle getting documentation from Coachmen Square.

Happy I made the call!!!!

Everyone was very kind and helpful, they helped to turn a very bad situation, that our family was going through into something good. It has only been a few days , mom seems to be adjusting already, everyone has made her feel very welcomed. Hopfully soon she will call it her home. THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!!!!

I have been extremely pleased with Co...

I have been extremely pleased with Coachman Square at Woodbridge. This is my mom's second placement in assisted living --- she previously lived at Atria Crossroads in Waterford, and I am way more pleased with this Benchmark community she lives in now than I was with Atria. At Coachman Square they actually act like they care and the staff members, for the most part, seem to enjoy their jobs. (At Artria, I felt like money was the biggest motivator and they did not follow through with their promises). I understand that these are businesses that need to make money to stay profitable, but at Coachman Square, they actually appear to put the residents first. My mom is happy there and hopefully she will remain there the rest of her life.

Tons of Varied Activities

It's expensive but it's a pretty good value. I'd highly recommend that place. It's excellent! They take a personal interest, it seems, in all the residents there. Everyweek they have a new activities calender. On a regular basis, almost every night it seems, they have movies. People come in every week - they've had comedians, musicians, they had a cellist. They have field trips to the beach or the shore rather. Every week is chock full of activities of varied kinds for varied interests. My parents weren't keen on moving into a place like that and even they have to admit that it's excellent. They feel like they're being very well taken care of.

Mom's home

On walking into Coachman the atmosphere was a feeling of comfort and the people who work and live there were very friendly. The living areas are clean and refreshing nothing like a nursing home. The rooms are a good size. I love the pub and their happy hour and the ice cream bar.

Best value for money

We looked at a total of 13 places before choosing Coachman Square. It's a good place, a little pricey, but still a good place.

Coachman Square at Woodbridge is nestled in the quaint town of Woodbridge, CT where a convenient location offers the best of two worlds. Enjoy the tranquility of our charming town, as well as the nearby cultural attractions of New Haven, including the Shubert Theater, art galleries, the Peabody Museum, shopping and restaurants. We are very close to Yale University and downtown New Haven, with easy access to the Merritt Parkway. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community where residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle that makes them feel secure and comfortable.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Coachman Square at Woodbridge offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff