Benchmark Senior Living at Split Rock - Shelton, CT

wonderful community!!

I am very pleased with everything this community has done for my loved one since she made the move into her new apartment. The meals are very well balanced with lots of healthy options and they offer a great activity program for there residents. The nursing team also has done a great job at keeping an open line of communication with me on any progress or updates they made with my mother.

Just super!

We are very pleased with this community and the staff. they have really done a great job helping my loved one get transitioned. Maryann is just a wonder. The community is always kept clean and neat. My loved one really enjoys the food and the dining time.

The Tour Was Nice

I liked visiting this community and the staff were very nice. When touring my mom felt this was not a right match for her. They did present all the information for us to make a decision. Nothing was bad about the tour.

Mom enjoys living at Benchmark Senior Living!!!

I would recommend this place as they are caring and very loving individuals that work here. It is a place where all the employees know the client and know the client well. I do not think there are enough staff at night to care for the clients there, but it is a new facility so bugs have to be worked out. The restaurant atmosphere is wonderful, the food is delicious. Not a bad meal there. The activities there are nice, they have music programs and movies that my mother enjoyed, there is always Bingo which she also enjoys.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Benchmark at Split Rock seemed like a nice place overall. The staff I met were friendly, and the facility was clean and well kept. However, Dad is still very social and we wanted somewhere with a few more male residents. But overall this was one of the nicer options we saw, and definitely worth a look if you're searching in the area!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please call our Program Director at [removed] and ask about our R.O.M.E.O events (Real Old Men Eating Out).

New, nice place, attentive staff, need better door access

I like that the place is brand new. Physically, the facility has everything state of the art. It's like a five star hotel.

They provide everything they need. They have RNs on duty 24/7, and a doctor on staff. They bring her down to meals. They provide laundry.

The staff is very attentive when I raise any kind of concern about my mom, such as if I'm afraid she won't make activities, they send staff to get her out of her room.

Because they're new, they don't have a system yet for people to come and go, and the doors are locked after 8 PM. A staff member has to let you out; a key would be more convenient. This means that one can stand at the door for a while waiting to be let in.

Very friendly positive environment!

They're doing a great job at Benchmark Senior Living! It's a nice looking, clean community, and they really take great care of their residents! The staff are all very friendly, and the whole community just has a positive upbeat attitude. They really take the time to get to know each of their residents here, and it's a very family friendly environment!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Set at the heart of it all, Benchmark at Split Rock welcomes you to connect – with friends, with nature, with your passions and your talents. Our brand new, state-of-the-art community will be a place where innovation and tradition meet.

Nestled among the shops and restaurants at Split Rock, we are just a short drive from the ocean waters of the Connecticut coastline. We’re a part of it all, and just a stones throw away from all the nearby things you want to experience.

Our residents will be able to enjoy all the comforts of senior living in Shelton, CT while their loved ones can be assured they are receiving the level of care that best meets their needs with traditional assisted living services or our specialized memory care program.
At Benchmark, caring for seniors is not just our purpose – it’s our passion. We have pride in what we do – and we take great pride in the trust families place in us. We believe we set the benchmark in senior living.
That’s why we pledge to provide individualized care to all residents of Benchmark and measure our success by setting high standards for quality and safety. We both expect more and deliver more on behalf of our residents and their families. As an organization we are proud of the fact that when we are regularly inspected by state officials, and that we are in full compliance with all rules and regulations.