Maplewood at Orange - Orange, CT

Best decision we ever made- hands down a fabulous place for my loved one.
Thank you.

Thank you!!

My mother and father enjoyed this community for over 4 1/2 years together. My father passed a few months prior to my mother and the love and caring of the staff was remarkable. As my siblings and I commemorate the 1 year anniversary of my mother, we wanted to post a note of gratitude to our "care partners" at Maplewood of Orange. We can only say "thank you" for all you did for our beloved parents.

I would recommend this community!!

Maplewood at Orange was the right move for us. The food is fantastic. Mom only participates in a few of the activities offered. The staff are great and they keep the community very clean.

Beautiful and well run. Would highly recommend.

I recently went to the place and visited with my old neighbor who now lives at Maplewood at Orange. How beautiful it is! The staff seems very friendly, professional, and caring. Everyone was very attentive. I even ate lunch with my friend and it was delicious. My friend is very happy even though originally she wasn't sure if she would like living there. Clearly, they are doing a good job with her. She seems very happy, busy, and well cared for and is doing much better than she was at home. I will come back to visit her often as it's such a friendly and well run place.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

Thank you for your recent review of Maplewood at Orange. We strive to satisfy our residents and their families (and guest visitors!) each and every day. Please return again and visit us frequently. Always feel free to reach out to our team to provide feedback. Thank you again.

Maplewood does not care for residents

Hands down you will pay for crappy service because nurses aides are making 11.00 dollars an hour. Rent is extremely expensive with terrible service. Managers are incompetent. Maplewood as a company does not care for residents. The money is more important to them. They are selling a dream.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

I am sorry to learn of this feedback. Maplewood’s number one priority is to always provide the very best care and services to all our residents and their families. I would be happy to discuss the specifics with you in more detail. Please feel free to reach out to me at [removed] or by email at [removed] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Friendly staff, care services could be improved

I think they do a nice job at Maplewood at Orange in terms of the cleanliness of the facility, and the staff are generally very friendly. However I do think their actual care practices could stand to be improved. I feel like sometimes there is a lack of communication between the staff about my loved ones care needs, and I don't feel like they are entirely on top of her medications.

I am a nurse & I am OUTRAGED by this ...

I am a nurse & I am OUTRAGED by this facility. Your loved ones will get ample care during the days when eyes are watching, but at night? They have ONE licensed nurse in the entire building. Along with one nurse, they'll have a handful of nursing aids. How is this ethical?

Andrea Ellen Keigan

I'm sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction. I would like to learn more. If you could call me or email me directly, that would be best so I can learn the details and address this. My email is [removed] and phone is (cell) 203/604/5617 or (office) 203/557/4777. Thank you.
Andrea Ellen
Vice President
Maplewood Senior Living

Well worth it before dementia is moderate to severe. High quality of life a facility focus.

Maplewood is probably the best choice for a loved one who still has some independence or is willing to move into assisted living and will later transition through the memory care units. The farm to table menu is amazing, the care staff is polite (though I would have preferred more feedback sometimes) and professional but also shows affection to residents, and the cleaning staff is efficient and contientous. Our loved one fought going into care for so long that she needed the highest level of care. She was given medication to calm her down when she became so agitated that she would fling herself on the floor. Eventually she needed a full time, twenty four hour caregiver that we needed to hire from another organization. Once we reached the point of hospice, the level of care was intensified by multiple agencies, and we really appreciated not having to move her out of her own bed and now familiar surroundings. Our only concern is that we were told that if an outside aide had been used during the initial transition, the dementia may not have progressed as quickly. This is because she would hide in her room , and not ask for help. She didn't listen to music, watch television, or get nearly as much stimulation as she could have since the staff focused on making sure she was clean, toileting, and eating (and they never force residents into the common area for activities.). If we had known that an aide may have helped (we have since been told) that she may never have become so violent and needed frequent sedation. On the other hand, the activities that are offered at all levels of care seem worthwhile, and those facilitating the outings and other activities are enthusiastic and caring. The other residents we saw when visiting were often friendly, and we had several chats with people who were thrilled to be living at Maplewood. They praised the pub, trips, salon, movie and trivia nights and selection in the library- all things that our loved one ws too far gone to ever utilize and appreciate. So, if your loved one is still fairly highly functioning and likes farm fresh food and socializing, this is the place for you. If not, the cost (which covers all of these other activities and benefits) might be too much for what your loved one will actually be getting. (With the additional nursing her last year cost about $150,00.00)

Nice place overall

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Maplewood at Orange. The staff are all very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. The rooms themselves are very nice, more than enough for one person, and bright and sunny with big windows. The biggest complaint I've heard is that the food really is not up to par with the place he was at before, and my loved one is not a particularly picky eater.

They have been extremely helpful.

Our loved one is extremely happy here. Liz was very helpful, and seems to be a caring, sensible person. They have continuous care here, you can stay to the end of life. They have been extremely helpful. He has made new friends, they were able let him keep his dog. There is a place to go for a walk nearby without being on the main street. The food is pretty good. It's a very good fit. There is a good church nearby, within walking distance. I loved the greenery and the trees all around too, it didn't look like a ten story office building.

Tides and currents offer mo...

Tides and currents offer more memory care options. Seem willing to help care for dog. Across the street from B's work. Familiar neighborhood since down the hill from current apartment. Residents seem happy... Expensive.

Maplewood at Orange has carefully blended a comfortable yet elegant decor, an enthusiastic staff, engaging social enrichment and expertly prepared meals featuring farm-fresh ingredients to create a unqiely special memory care and assisted living community.

Just in the heart of the shopping and convience of the town of Orange, Maplewood provides a healthy, invigorating environment for all seniors as well as specialized assistance for those in need of memory care. The heart of Maplewood is embodied through Vistas, an approach to assisted living that offers premier care to those who need some support in their everyday lives. For residents showing early signs of memory loss, Tides provides a safe environment in which to live a life of supported independence. Currents uses an emotion based philosophy that helps residents with more advanced memory loss continue to enjoy life to their maximim potential.

We're just minutes away from the world-class medical centers including Yale-New Haven Hospital and the Hospital of Saint Raphael. Maplewood is not part of a chain of senior living residences -- we're a unique part of the local community.

For added peace of mind, our licensed nurses are on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.