Bickford of Omaha - Blondo - Omaha, NE

Love the activities Director Cindy

We have our 84 year parent at Bickford- we are overall satisfied with the care- however their are areas Of concern- that we have experienced - 1) HOUSEKEEPING-2) LAUNDRY-3) DIRECTOR OF NURSING-( BLONDO LOCATION)
- housekeeping- the upkeep of my parents room-
not maintained or per incident cleaned up.
Laundry- other residents items mixed in with ours- and items lost / missing!
Director of nursing- who oversees our parents well being- a STRONG disconnect - not engaged- and neglegent in making sure He has his Proper medications and supplies - which in turn could result into a life or death situation!! Also his needed Medical accessories on a daily basis - have yet to be found!!

Making Music

It has been really good for my mom. They have all kinds of activities, like exercises and games. She also plays the piano and everyone enjoys the music. I hear she has made lots of friends too. The meals are very good and she has been enjoying it a lot. It is a very, very nice place and the care they provide is working out very well.

A Happy Place That Feels Like Home

The staff at Bickford has made my mother's move to a memory care facility to be a smooth and positive experience for Mom and our family. The director and her staff have been so accommodating to meet all my mother's personal needs. They have responded to answer any questions I've had about my mother's care, both by phone and email. They created a personal care plan for my mother, and I have full confidence that my mother is being medically and socially taken care of. The activities director does a great job in engaging residents in fun activities. I love the pictures she sends showing Mom taking part. One thing that attracted my family to Bickford were the resident apartments decorated with the residents' personal furnishings and decor. That is so comforting to my mother. Every time I visit Mom tells me, "I love my apartment." Overall Bickford lives up to its mission - enriching the residents' lives with happiness and making them feel like they are living in a place that feels like home.

Options for care

We toured this community. My mom wanted a bigger community. The staff are nice and were helpful. The menu was appealing and they had a nice list of activities that would have been helpful for her. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Enjoyable Tour!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my aunt and I have no complaints of how things went for us. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The floor plan was easy to navigate through and had a lot of great amenities for all of the residents. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone it was just not the right fit for my aunt in the end decision.

A personal touch

The tour at this community was The staff were very helpful and friendly. The community was small and seemed to have a personal touch. The manager was outstanding and had a nice personal touch. We were impressed with this community and would recommend the care and value to others

Highly Recommend

The support from A Place for Mom was amazing and the referral to Bickford was a blessing. We placed my Mother-in-law there and she is thriving. The caregivers are professional, kind, and responsive. We could not be more satisfied with the entire experience from the onboarding into her new apartment to the care she receives daily.

Our mom is 94. The last 15 years she has lived on her own but was becoming less comfortable doing that. Giving up the independence of a house was hard, but Bickford made it easier with larger apartments than other facilities we toured and a staff that was welcoming, engaging and understanding. Now six weeks in, mom is making some new friends, loves the food and feels very safe. We couldn't be more pleased.

Loving Care

This is a wonderful choice for excellent care for loved ones. The staff is very caring and helpful for those who need great care. The food is very good and a very nice variety of meals. Activities are available for those who like to keep active . I would recommend this community to anyone wanting great care.

My Tour Went Well

My tour of the community went very well. I really liked the director, she was kind and very knowledgeable. It is nice and clean facility. The staff was kind and very helpful, they even stopped to help a resident. The food looked and smelled good. The resident wasn't very engaging, and my mother is a talkative person. It is a very pleasant community, just not the place for my mother.

Bickford of Omaha

He's been there about 45 days now. I've been really happy with the staff. They've been very caring, and they've kept me informed. Overall, I'm very happy with the community. They keep it very clean and neat, and have been very responsive. He seems to enjoy the activities they have. They do roughly four a day. I think the food is great. They offer two things at every meal. If they don't like the options, they have sandwiches and other things they can choose from. As long as they voice what they want, they're good. They do a really good job at trying to get people engaged. They've had music playing, they dance with the gentlemen that like to dance, they do a wonderful job of handling everything.

Very friendly, enthusiastic and supportive from our very first meeting. These ratings are based only on 2 weeks since we moved Mom into Bickford.

Single level building. Well laid out

Nice courtyard, smoking upo...

Nice courtyard, smoking upon request outside 'Walnut' room available Friendly staff, homey, stale air smell

Caring Staff

The staff we met were very professional and empathetic to our needs. Very gracious and understanding of our families needs.

Bad Experience

This community was horrendous. They only things that were clean were the carpet and the bathroom floor. It seems like if you did not go in there and clean up it would not get down. We had several issues with them from the beginning. It seems like their way to care for the residents is by medication and would prefer to keep them medicated. The food was good and there were a few good care givers but the rest was just not good at all. The staff was unprofessional at times and would call at different hours of the night so that we would talk to our loved one. They seemed to not be able to handle the situations that presented themselves so they would contact us. They had told us they would be able to take care of them with no problems but that proved to be wrong. They say they provide a service but there is not follow through. They do not deliver on what they promise. We would not recommend this community to anyone.

Liked the facility - smaller more per...

Liked the facility - smaller more personal size. The assistant did a good job giving us a tour, but we were surprised the people I have interacted with before did not do it. If they are in charge, that is who we would expect to give us the information.

At Bickford of Omaha Blondo, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into ours and make it yours. Through personalized assisted living services, we invite you to share your stories with us, to see Bickford as an extension of your home.