Mom Is fitting in great

I love this place they are taking care of my mom I only had one issue when I asked for them to keep a sling on her broken arm they just couldn't figure it out so they just left it off that's my only complaint. Other than that they are great the caregivers are helpful. It is always clean and nice.The food is great. She enjoys the activities like crafts and van rides. And going to mass on Thursdays. It has beautiful grounds. The nurses are good at communicating with me. I would recommend this to my friends and family.

Very Happy

The care my mother is receiving is great. I really appreciate the way that they work with our schedule. All and all the value is definitely worth what we pay as well. Can't complain :)

Honest

This looked like a nice place when we visited. The person that took us on tour was nice. They did let us know they were not able to handle mom's care needs.

Did Not Complete The Tour

Mom knew as soon as she walked into this community that she wasn't going to like it here. There was a hospital sterile odor in the air and that just turned mom completely off. The community was very nice it has just gone through a remodel so everything was new and clean.

A good tour!

I was very impressed with the Crown Pointe when I toured it. The community was very clean and all of the staff members were very nice. I did not notice anything major that needed improvement while I was there. Ultimately, it came down to my mother choosing another community.

Looks great for anyone, great for couples who are at different stages in life to stay together under the same roof. Remodeling in progress and looking good. Beautiful rooms. Memory care is secure but not isolated from community. Activities encouraged. Every resident I met seemed happy. Easy to navigate the building, 3 story open center room encourages being involved. Good community going on, large bright dining room. Staff friendly.

Accommodating!

I like the fact that the staff at the Crown Pointe are very flexible and accommodating with his needs. The place is kept very clean and the meals that they provide are very good. We are happy with the place so far.

Not what we were looking for...

The apartments at the Crown Pointe were much smaller than the ones from other places I was looking. The set up in the apartment was not that great either, you had to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom.

All in All, Mom Is Great

My mom likes the activities and it has made a big difference. They keep it very clean and she likes the meals a lot. They have very nice people there and it is a great place for the care. She is safe and I really like it there. It is homey and had the best deal in town. No move-in fee and took $500 off for the first 3 months.

Amazing Meals!!

My loved one has said nothing but excellent things about the food at this community, the meals have been very well prepared and have many different healthy options. The housekeeping does a great job at maintaining my fathers room and making sure he stay comfortable. I have no complaints about this facility and am very pleased with the care he has received.

Out dated horrible smell !!

First thing I noticed when entering this facility was the awful smell. It was not a fresh smell and reminded me very much of a nursing home. It was not very inviting , there was lots of dimmed lights and poor views from the dinning room. In the apartment the carpet was very outdated and old. The areas outside to walk around seemed limited and there was no courtyard.

Not the Perfect Fit

Overall this community is nice, after moving Judy into the community we realized this was not going to be the best for her. The staff is pretty friendly, place is pretty clean and the food is good. There are some activities but Judy was never invited to participate in any.

recommended

The most caring and flexible staff we interviewed. They've been willing to work with us through a lot of plan changes as we got my parents settled. Dad says their food is great, too.

Review of Crown Pointe - Omaha, NE

This facility is about 30 years old. Every resident we talked to loves living there. The staff and others that support the day to day life of residents were positive caring people. A resident played the grand piano beautifully in the common space for over an hour. It was reasonably clean but not spotless. The care assessment seems to be looser than other places we visited but follows a philosophy many would find comforting with all staff contributing on an ongoing basis rather than in a scheduled window of time.

GREAT FOOD

They have great food there. They also need more activities.

add physical therapy on site

If Crown Pointe could add physical therapy on site that would be good. It is a litter more expensive than the competition also. Other than that we have been pretty happy with this facility. Overall it's been a good experience.

only two handicap parking spaces

At Crown Pointe there are only two handicap parking spaces. One time we had to park in the back. Also sometimes people park in the handicap space that don't even have a permit. The whole parking has really been a problem. The administrator told me they were going to put in three more spaces but they never have. I would really like to see this change. Other than that everything else has been just fine here.

I think they are doing very well so far.

I think they are doing very well so far. I don't have any major complaints at this point. It's working out pretty well, and I would rate them very highly so far. I would give them a five.

Nice and clean with plenty of activities for residents. Was a little pricier than I think I can afford.

I think the community is fine.

I think they are alright with it. I think the community is fine. It's still new and I hope over time they participate in a few more activities. I would give them at least a four, maybe even a five.

disgusted

My father had a stroke three years ago and my step-mother and he moved into this apartment. he needed assistance getting in and out of the shower, and things like that, and they did not do that. The building was converted from an apartment, and there are many things lacking (such as handrails in the bathroom, as just one of many examples) that are lacking. It is not a place made for seniors in need of care, and any special care we asked for they fought us on. We spoke with the director, Dr. Huff about it and he was very blunt in drawing a line in the sand that they would not do certain things that we expected to be done. He was very rude and did not accommodate. All of this is contrary to what we were led to expect. This place was grossly misrepresented, and should not be called "assisted living". I am disgusted with this place, and with Dr. Huff in particular.

very cooperative and friendly

The people at Crown Pointe are very cooperative and friendly. They do pretty much whatever you ask them to do, and communicate very well, keeping us informed and in the loop. The food there is also very good, which is a definite plus.

We are very happy with them.

Everything is good, it's very clean, and the staff is friendly. I feel like we got a good deal. The communication with the family is great, the care, the activities. The only complaint is that they feed them too much chicken and not enough beef and pork. She is just getting tired of chicken is all.

Mother loved the warm and s...

Mother loved the warm and spacious atmosphere of the grand entry! Like the apartments and the rates. Top consideration at this time.

seemed small and dark.

seemed small and dark.

This facility was our first...

This facility was our first choice until my father passed away suddenly. Now we feel it is not a good fit for just my mother.

Grundy sales associate. Not...

Grundy sales associate. Not many occupants out and about. Nice units, definitely worth consideration.

Lovely, large apartments.

Lovely, large apartments.

Our warm and inviting community is filled with potential friends and comforts to help residents enjoy every moment of their day. From the moment you wake up, you’ll be treated to comfortable environments that improve everyday quality of life. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that Crown Pointe provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. After you have explored our community, even more adventure awaits in the surrounding area, which can be enjoyed via our scheduled outings.