Westgate Assisted Living - Omaha, NE

I the start it was very good and I plan to go back and spend some more time to see how things are going.

very positive experience

The only thing I can think to improve on is they need to have more people trained on how to change a catheter bag. Other than that, people are very friendly, and there have been no complaints at all from my dad. It's been a very positive experience at Westgate Assisted Living compared to where he was before.

General information

We were disappointed to find out at a Dr. visit that medication had not been requested. The facility told us the medication had been requested. Residents receive what they order in the dining room. I did not witness staff encouraging residents to eat or offer other items when they did not eat. Staff are very friendly to residents and family. Facility is clean.

Five Star Reviews

As always, we appreciate any feedback in regard to our services. We believe that setting clear expectations up front is the best way to resolve issues, so that both parties have a clear understanding of what services offered. Many of our residents come to us from hospitals and nursing homes that operate under different licensure guidelines and this certainly causes confusion at times.

I encourage all issues to come to me for resolution as I deeply care about all of our residents and their well-being. Please feel free to contact me with specifics so that I may assist you further. Thank you for your input.

Brad Buschow
Executive Director
Westgate Assisted Living

We are pretty satisfied. It has turned out really nice.

We are pretty satisfied. Our loved one is getting involved with activities. It has turned out really nice. The food is really good he's putting on weight. Though there are concerns, there have been issues with medication management and giving the right doses of medication, even after speaking with the doctor.

The people were nice, and they were very good to me.

The people were nice, and they were very good to me. It was nice, I like it. The food was also good. There were lots of activities. It was a nice place.

Loving Staff

it is wonderful. Very helpful. The staff, everybody was just friendly and caring and loving. They really couldn't do enough for us.

My dad lives there and we chose it be...

My dad lives there and we chose it because I love the location and I love the fact that it was a smaller facility. Also, the staff has been there a long time. The staff is very friendly, and the care staff are all CNA's. Dad is doing very well there - the setup is nice, and the food is great. We were lucky to get a room right away, and they made sure to have a table in the dining room that's close to his room so he doesn't have to walk too far.

We're paying for the higher level of care but I don't know if he's actually getting that care. I think they're supposed to have a doctor or a nurse there at least once a month, but we'll be talking more with them to find out what that level of care actually is. We're still pretty new there.

They do have activities but they're not my dad's cup of tea.

Nice neighborhood setting. ...

Nice neighborhood setting. Menu style dining. Friendly staff. 2 openings for studios.

Wonderful place. Friendly s...

Wonderful place. Friendly staff, active social schedules. No stove in units to encourage eating with others. Best so far!

Loved the place. Wished there was so...

Loved the place. Wished there was something for her on which to exercise. Everything else was perfect, well almost.

Winner of "Omaha's Best Assisted Living" Award for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 & 2013 Westgate Assisted Living lives up to its reputation. We are nestled in a quiet, centrally-located neighborhood, with easy access to local medical facilities. You will find respectful caregivers who understand the importance of getting to know each resident. Staff members are available 24-hours a day. With an RN-supervised program that offers four levels of care, we provide a wide variety of services. All apartments have an emergency call system and are individually-climate controlled. Other services provided are three restaurant-style meals daily, weekly housekeeping, linen and laundry service and assistance with medication, bathing, dressing and grooming. Amenities also include activities, entertainment and outings, transportation to medical appointments, month-to-month rental agreements, cable television hookups, beautiful courtyard, on-site therapy, 1950's room and library with rotating books.