Bickford of Omaha - Hickory - Omaha, NE

The people were wonderful. I felt welcome and that the individuals I talked with were truly interested in what my needs and wants are. The only room available made me totally claustrophobic. I left with warm feelings for the place, a delicious warm cookie in my stomach, and a lovely blanket for my shoulders.

The community is small (40 beds?) and it is homey and well kept - clean, etc. I loved the small courtyard and the dining set-up. Somewhat concerned with the individual patient bedroom "space" as requirements would need sufficient turning room for husband's powerchair. Very friendly and welcoming staff.

Looks like a great place for memory care. Great security. Beautifully decorated for memory care needs, with great natural lighting and outdoor space. A place for pets. Nice open dining area. Rooms are small, but memory residents don't need much space. Large common areas for socializing and being involved.

We met with [Removed]. We liked the smaller facility. However it didn't seem to offer as many amenities as some of the other places we have looked at. Cost was higher that other places we have visited. It was clean, well maintained, staff was friendly and seemed to interact well and often with the residents.

A wonderful community

I can not say enough about our exceptional experience working with Bickford. My mother in law is doing well at this community. The staff are welcoming, supportive and have a high level of encouragement. They have numerous daily activities. The community is clean and well maintained. She seems to like the food. I like the setup of this community for memory care residents as it is hard for them to get lost. This is a smaller more intimate community and I would recommend it.

Friendly, attentive staff

So far our experience with Bickford of Omaha has been a very positive one! The staff is friendly, welcoming, and very attuned to the needs of each resident. I've noticed a lot of individualized treatment and care. I also really appreciate that the staff always recognize family members when they visit. It's a very nice place, overall!

Helpful Staff!!

So far, my aunt is really enjoying the Bickford of Omaha. I have no complaints about the place so far. The staff has been very helpful and friendly. We are happy with our choice.

A Place for our mom at the Bickford

My siblings and I are so thankful for the service, A Place for Mom, that lead us to the Bickford! The contact came to us immediately and the process by The Bickford staff was couteous, kind, sensitive, and professional. We moved mom in very timely and The Bickford staff were so helpful. Mom loves her apartment and she is no longer alone as she wakes up to the Bickford "family" and hoes to bed knowing they are there for her. Thank you from our hearts and God bless you for all you do!

Food Needs Improvement

The food that they serve at the Bickford of Omaha could definitely be improved upon a bit. The portions are a little too small and the actual food is not as good as they originally said it was going to be.

They promise more than they can deliver.

They promise more than they can deliver. The food was fine. I think they could screen their staff better. The organization of the way the place was run was very lacking. I told them my needs to be in bed within an hour of giving her medication. They didn’t remove the medicine cart from the medicine room, so they go from the room to the resident’s room. They left my mom in a chair for a long period … I found the staff argumentative.

I had trouble getting my mom out of Bickford… because there were no good places to get my mom out through a covered ext.

High Care Charges

We almost moved my mom in here. However, when they gave us the list of care charges for medication management, it added up to be an extra $1200 a month. Also, if she were to have gone on Medicaid, she would have had to move to one of the two Medicaid apartments instead of staying in her current apartment.

At Bickford of Omaha Hickory, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into ours and make it yours. Through personalized assisted living services, we invite you to share your stories with us, to see Bickford as an extension of your home.