Beverly Hills Carmel Inc. North - Los Angeles, CA

Since 1978, we have offered a great alternative for seniors who may need additional assistance with their daily routines, medication management, bathing and dressing or personal hygiene, yet do not require the intensive services of a skilled nursing facility. With the assistance of our experienced healthcare staff, our residents enjoy leisure living in comfortable, home-like surroundings.

For over 30 years, The Beverly Hills Carmel has been a family-owned business that takes great pride in our service and accommodation. In fact one of our founders, Mrs. Eva Godel, was a driving force behind establishing these buildings and to this day, can be found on-site to ensure a consistent level of service in keeping with her original goal of providing truly elegant retirement living. She has infused the buildings with a sense of community for residents who seek a place of comfort.

Great Meals!!

My loved one has had no complaints about this community and has really been enjoying everything it has to offer. She seems to be very impressed with the meals and some of the great amenities . I do wish that she would get more involved in some of the activities they have to offer instead of being in her room so often. Overall I am pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

First Rate Assisted Living

I don't know much about assisted living facilities... my sisters and I got lucky and we were recommended this one by a knowledgeable person for our mother. Our mom has been there two months and she really likes it. It is not just a very clean and friendly place. There are activities all week long. Mom has found a sense of community with her peers. Visits from her children, friends, and other relatives of course have helped her in this transition. She knows she has simply moved to a more supportive place for her physical limitations, but her connection to others has not changed. In fact due to her safer environment, it has improved! I just visited her last weekend. The staff are enthusiastic and supportive. The residents represent all types of people and all functioning levels. Quite a few are over a 100 years old. One guy who is over a hundred "winters" there then goes back to work as a construction manager back East.
This facility is located in a very nice area. It is on the border of Beverly Hills and West LA and the cost is quite reasonable.

Pleasant atmosphere. Very c...

Pleasant atmosphere. Very clean, spacious room. Attractive common areas. Varied activities. Quiet. Two pianos in 2 of the rooms for music performances. Assigned dining seating. Full transportation. Rise was very engaging.

Beautiful Place with Wonderful People

My mother's been there for about three months and the place is lovely and the people are lovely, unfortunately she doesn't' feel well so she participates zero. The food is very iffy. She's used to a diet full of fresh vegetables, whole grains, and it's just really not happening there. That's difficult for her but as far as attentiveness and them being there in case of an emergency and helpful and their responsiveness, they're great. The place is clean and the people are very kind and cheerful. Everyday in the elevator I see the list of activities. There's bingo, yoga, music, bridge, movies, etc. They have a lovely patio.

The facility is beautiful and you have all sorts of people there. You don't get a feeling of an "old folks home." It's more like a 4 star or 5 star hotel. Her room has nice, high ceilings - it didn't feel small. As soon as I saw that room I knew that was it for her.

In A Residential Area

There were smells in the hall and it was just not that nice. The staff seemed very nice. We had dinner there. It was full kosher but it was quite tasty. My issue was, where do you go? It's just in a residential neighborhood so there wouldn't be anything around for my friend to walk to and do. Also, the smells in the hall were pretty strong.

Good amount of space and willing to a...

Good amount of space and willing to accommodate. Old bldg that didn't smell very good. Kosher food may be a problem. Seemed negotiable on price.

Nice, small, intimate. Privately owne...

Nice, small, intimate. Privately owned. Location is good, but not walkable. They have Mah jongg!

Dark wood interiors - good familiar l...

Dark wood interiors - good familiar location. Rooms not configured well.