Beaverdale Estates - Des Moines, IA

Enter at your own risk

Nice enough place but the senior staff leaves alot to be desired. Very nosy, almost rude, worried only about the bottom line not the well being of their guests. Will randomly check rooms without first prior notice. The food I wouldn't feed to my pet dog. Serious changes need to be made from the top down or they will be empty.

Holiday Marketing

Hi |there, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described. This is not typical of the experience our residents receive. We hope you are willing to give us another chance. Please reach out to us at [removed], so we can work towards a resolution. Thank you!

very friendly people
many social activities with published calendar & announcements
no buy in
Approx $2,400 per month
almost the same for 1 and 2 BR
all amenities included
travel service M thru F
Maid service launders sheets towels
1 BR rather small 550 sq ft.
2 BR more like 950 sq ft.
Only token kitchenette, no stove mini frig but not really needed since all food provided
good food
token economy for some behaviors
good city bus but lousy sidewalks to bldg.
Part of nationwide network
Illahee Hills in same network

I recommend especially for veterans

With my father in law being here it’s been going just fine. The facility itself is pretty organized, they have good people working there, the staff is nice, and the food service is also nice. We did have an issue for a moment where the person cleaning his room was not taking out all of his trash and we voiced that to the management. After that it is no longer an issue. They also provide a lot of activities daily for the residents to participate in. I recommend this location to other families especially for veterans since they work very well with the VA.

Nice facility but staff could be more hands on

This facility is nice but they are a little on the older side. The staff members are friendly but I feel like they could be a little more available. Unfortunately, they don’t really do anything hands on to get new residents acclimated to the new community and a lot of the people here are cliquey. I feel like my Mother is really on her own here and none of the staff members goes around to get people involved. They do offer a lot of things to do like entertainment that comes in, movie night, and bingo. This is an independent living facility and her room only has a sink and a dorm sized fridge.

Very bright community

For the amount of time that my loved one has been here she seems to be doing well. The facility itself is a nice place with knowledgeable and competent staff. They do a good job at keeping the place clean and organized. They also provide many activities; every time I visit I notice that there is always something going on and there are a fair amount of people participating. The other residences there are also friendly and welcoming. I know that my loved one has made a few acquaintances while being there. I would recommend this location to other families. The facility has a lot of natural light and it has a very bright feeling.

Very Pleased With This Community

My aunt is still taking some time to adjust with her move to this community. However I'am very pleased with her move here. I know she is safe, and in very good hands. They have a great staff, and they are kind when I visit, and have been helpful to her when needed. They do a good job with the cleanliness. Her room, and the community look great I visit. They provide nice meals. I'am very satisfied with this community. It has worked out well for us, and I would recommend it.

Wonderful Community, Parents Are Satisfied

My parents are very satisfied with their move to this community. It has truly been a blessing, everything is working out great. I know they are safe, and in good hands at this community. The staff is wonderful, they have been great to work with. We knew this was the place for my mother when we first toured it. It is truly a wonderful community, and i would recommend it.

we really enjoyed learning more about Beaverdale Estates and the staff were very friendly and helpful to my Aunt.
They really made her feel at home.

Saw Good Things But Not For Me

When I came for a tour I got the feeling I was buying a used care and the staff were more interested in the sales than me. But it was a nice community to see. I got to see empty apartments and meet the people there. The apartments were nice but not as huge like I wanted.

Care for my dad

I am happy with the care that my father is getting.
the staff is outstanding and caring. The food is outstanding. They have offered him to do activities but at this time he is not participating at this time. He has made some friends. This is high quality care. I would recommend the community for great value and care for their loved ones.

Excellent facility!

My brother has enjoyed the community at Beaverdale Estates. He has had a wonderful experience with the community. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. The community is very well kept and clean throughout. My brother has enjoyed the great meals. This community has many sister communities throughout the United States that will allow you to visit others like a retirement timeshare.

Great place for an elderly person to live worry free and just enjoy life with new friends.

We have not had one negative experience with this community!!

I cannot say enough about the staff at Beaverdale Estates. They are friendly, helpful, kind and willing to help in anyway they can. My aunt is happier than I have seen her in a long time. The sales representative Leeann has been fantastic. The maintenance man addressed a small issue promptly. The housekeeping staff are wonderful and they are very respectful of their things. The entire family is impressed with this community.

Great place to live.

My niece and I visited Beaverdale Estates to find a place for my other niece to live as she was having some medical problems and we felt she would do better in a senior community. Our first impression of the place was very positive. We could see residents visiting in the lounge area and the place was very clean. The sales person, Lee was very helpful and convinced us that it was the best place for Pam. She has been doing very nicely there and has made some new friends. I particularly liked the idea that by paying two extra months rent we were able to put a freeze on her room rate as long as she lived there. I definitely would recommend it to other people who primarily can live as an independent resident.

Beaverdale Estate

Leann and the staff were very helpful in the process. If and when the time would come to move to a retirement community I wouldn't hesitate to move to Beaverdale Estates.

There are so many good things about the place.

There are so many good things about the place. The all inclusive nature is really great, it was important to have 3 meals a day included. The social aspect is fantastic. He is making friends, and participating. He is very happy with the accommodations and the amenities. They have a very involved community and a lot of the residents volunteer in different ways, and they have been pretty welcoming and friendly. The most important thing to me is the staff there are just amazing, they are right there for anything that comes up, they have been so helpful. They communicate with us really well, and let us know what's going on and what to do. We have been really happy with it.

Beaverdale Estates a great place to live

Had to find a good home for my mother-in-law immediately. She had a fall in her home and went to the hospital. She could not return to her home and live on her own. We found Beaverdale Estates and with all their help were able to Rent her apartment within a couple days. At first she was afraid and wouldn't leave her apartment only for meals , even though she had an ambassador who accompanied her and tried to encourage her to participate in different activities. She has now lived here for about 5 weeks. She has started going down to the lounge area where she had made friends. Just the other day she thanked us for finding her such s nice place to live. She said the food is very good and everyone is so friendly. We are all so relieved to know that she is safe and happy.

Caring, friendly staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Beaverdale Estates, it's a very nice place! The staff here is friendly and caring, and I love that the staff learn the names of all the residents and family members! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking out for the people that live here!

The rooms are clean. The property is a little outdated. My father is in his early 60's and I'm not sure how much longer he will be there. He does not like the fact that there are a lot of old people there. I also like that they are socially active with my father.

The managers are friendly and make an effort to know their residents and family by name. Requests for maintenance are handled in a timely manner as well.

They care about their residents. Very clean and upscale facility. Impresive food services and taste is wonderful. Good job on activites also.

It's been great.

It has been great at the Beaverdale Estates. Everything is very well kept and the staff is wonderful! My experience has been positive. I have had no issues so far. This is a nice place.

very impressed!

The sales lady we worked with for Beaverdale Estates was simply amazing! I was so impressed with her. She listened when she needed to listen, was really just a huge help, and in the times that I have seen her since she has had really good feedback and is just a really good gal. All the staff that I have met at Beaverdale Estates have been very helpful and supportive. They have all gone out of their way to make this a very wonderful experience.

They were fantastic and we really liked them.

We toured here when we were first looking around at options. They were fantastic and we really liked them. The reason we didn't go with them is just because of the setup of the bathrooms was something we liked better at the other place we were considering, and this was a couple hundred dollars more expensive.

It's a very good place.

It's a very good place. The staff is very friendly, and they keep it really clean. The price is all inclusive, and they are very responsive. They have plenty going on for activities, and there haven't been any complaints about the food. There really isn't anything to improve on, we have been very happy with it.

My experience with Beavetdale Estates...

My experience with Beavetdale Estates has was nice. The facility is nice, the managers are good, food is excellent. They have a really nice dining area that I was very impressed with. The staff was very caring. Overall I'm satisfied with their services.

Wonderful faith-based and musical managers!

I searched for a long time before moving my parents from Texas to Beaverdale Estates. It was a mutual decision to have them move into this beautiful independent living community. The entry into the building is welcoming with the outdoor rockers and the open entryway. The regal dining area is beautiful to sit in. One of the many things we enjoy at Beaverdale is the musical entertainment by Managers Aaron and Margaret Jamal. They are amazing. Not only are they wonderful managers, they are magnificent musicians! Their smiles bring light to the room and give us all a feeling of being "family". Many times, Aaron has given my dad a few words of encouragement or perhaps a different way to look at things. It's made a difference during a not-so-good day. And Margaret is always so positive! She's helped me through some tough days with my parents. Their faith always shows through in all they do. Beaverdale Estates is a generation of people who, for the majority, are faith-based. This is one of the reasons we are at Beaverdale. If it weren't for these particular managers, we would leave. They make it "home" so HOME is where we are at!

I know that my parents will be looked after if I am not in the building. And I know I will be contacted if something should happen. It's the security of knowing my parents are with people who care, which Margaret and Aaron do. I am thankful to have found Beaverdale Estates and these wonderful managers.

Managers Aaron & Margaret Jamal make it the best!!!

I want to tell you about the managers, Aaron and Margaret Jamal, who truly make this place a home. They understand the needs of the elderly. They show compassion, dignity, and caring for each individual. They know each resident by name and they call them by name, as well. Aaron and Margaret are very loving and musically talented people and they share their talents with the entire community. They are needed here as they are FAMILY here. When they are on duty, there is an air of light heartedness and a truly peaceful feeling of being HOME. Their presence is not only one of security, it is one of faith, of promise, and hope and a loving protectiveness that you can only find with managers who are dedicated and willing to remain with the community longterm. They give us the sense of the togetherness one would get as being part of a family, which Beaverdale Estates is....thanks to Margaret and Aaron. They are all business when it is needed and all family when needed, as well. God bless them for their service!!!

Not sure why this place is so recommended

We found this community somewhat lacking based on a recent tour. One of the units we were shown had ceiling water damage that maintenance had made only a weak attempt to paint over. The website had led us to believe that the food was very good. Instead, we got a dinner of what appeared to be a boboli-type pizza dough with some generic pepperoni, canned pizza sauce, and a slab of mozzarella slapped on it -- a meal any teenager with an IQ above 90 could have made, and served in a city that has many Italian Americans and offers as fine a selection of pizza and southern Italian food as you'd get in much larger urban areas. Also, there are only six washers and dryers in the entire building -- not nearly enough to accommodate the number of residents living there.

We are just tickled with it. We love it there. My dad loves it there too.

We love it there. My dad loves it there too. We are just tickled with it. They are just such nice people, and such a nice place. It was very reasonably priced. They have good food, and so many activities to do. The management are such nice people. They are great over there just as nice as they can be. It's perfect! I couldn't complain about a single thing!

Really nice place

My loved one really seems to be doing well here! It's a very nice place, and everyone is friendly. They're doing a great job with the activities and keeping him active.

Needs More Things To Do

I didn't think they had as much to do as another place I was considering and they were more expensive too.

Good Community

Beaverdale Estates is a very good community. They have really good food and they have really good people working here. It was a really good community but it just did not have the level of care that we were looking for.

didn't like the location or the parki...

didn't like the location or the parking situation. staff friendly.

We have talked to someone whose mothe...

We have talked to someone whose mother was there and highly recommended it.

84 Residents (102 units). 1 vacant s...

84 Residents (102 units). 1 vacant stuido unit (496 sq ft) for $1500 a month. 1 bedroom starts at $2000 mo. All inclusive except for phone.

Dad liked this place and wanted to ta...

Dad liked this place and wanted to take advantage of a trial stay.

Very impressed with the facility and ...

Very impressed with the facility and the wonderful people working there. They were very helpful and extended alot of options to my sister-in-law.

[h

What better place to make your home than in a happy, family-like community surrounded by all the things that make life rich. If you’d like to spend an afternoon out, you can travel a short ways toward the capital to take advantage of a vibrant theater scene (featuring the oldest theater west of the Mississippi), museums, shopping and exceptional fine dining.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind