The Reserve on Walnut Creek - Urbandale, IA

a nonprofit, member shares not real estate
very like condos
Affordable $30-$50 with $1,000 - $1,500 maintenance per month
sell if/when leave at market value
Quite spacious with decent kitchen
Though some very high shelves
Each unit has washer/dryer
Few amenities provided
cable, scheduled travel are
electric, cleaning are not
must pay for food, though evening meals served
Has good library, fitness center, game room
Half of management board are tenants.
Access to walking trail, Panera bread
Associated with Unity Point provides foot doctor

This community's layout is almost perfect especially for having a pet with you. [Removed] was very welcoming,inviting me to come back and spend a day in the one unit that is available for pets. ( pets only on the first floor- those units have direct access to outside to walk the dogs.

Comfortable with Our Move to This Community

Everything is going well for my wife, and I since our move to this community. We are doing quite well, and I'am comfortable with our move to this facility. They have a lovely staff here, and they do a great job with the cleanliness of the community. The meals are good, and they provide nice activities for the residents. All is well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Good choice for us.

We are residents at The Reserve. Our unit is 2 bedrooms/2 bath. We knew no one but wanted it to be easy to get to know others and have activities without leaving the building. We have made many new friends and take advantages of the card games, occasionally dinner in the dining room and the many outings made available to all. We love the location as we can walk or ride bikes on the trail right behind us. It made not be perfect for all, but It was definitely the best move for us.

Needed A Bigger Apartment

I had a nice view of the community. I got to see empty apartments and met the people there. The apartments were nice but not as huge as I wanted. When I came for a tour I got the feeling I was buying a used car and the staff were more interested in the sales than me.

A Great Community

Everything is going great for my parents since their move to this community. I know they are safe and in good place. Everything has worked out very well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. Everything about this community is great.

Really like this place. Appears to have roomy apartments and a lot of amenities. Would move here if price is reasonable. Contacted. Price is $1500 to $2000 per months for the 2 BR. Would like The Oak. The Oak is $1900 a month plus garage and meals are NOT included. Way to high.

It' s independent living, and just really nice.

My loved one lived here for a while, until she had a fall and needed more care. It was a very nice place. It' s independent living, and just really nice. You buy in and then there is a monthly maintenance fee.

Nicely Maintained and Friendly

The apartments are very spacious. The Reserve has nice amenities such as a full service dining room, underground parking and a full calendar of events. The place is kept very clean.

The Reserve on Walnut Creek

The Reserve is located in a quiet residential area. The staff is very helpful and friendly. When I came here the first time, I felt at home. The residents are all welcoming. There are many activities which I can participate in as I choose. Meals are only served on weekday evenings and I am only charged for the meals I sign up for. Overall, the facility is very light, clean and well managed.

Iowa Health - Des Moines is the sponsor of The Reserve on Walnut Creek, a housing alternative for independent people age 60 years and older with middle to upper income. The community is located just north of Hickman at 2727 82nd Place, on a little over five acres of land.

The Reserve is barrier free and has sound resistant walls and fire rated construction. Residences have full size kitchens, terraces, one or two bedrooms and one or two bathrooms. Size of the residences range from 700 square feet to over 1,600 square feet. The financial structure includes a one time entrance fee and or supplemental fee that is returned upon transfer to another qualified resident. There is a monthly charge associated with each plan that is determined by the square footage.
The Reserve features a community/dining room, private dining room, coffee shop, home theatre, hobby shop, craft room, wellness area with a whirlpool, library area, guestroom, and under-building tempered parking with individual storage areas. A game room, beauty/barber shop, sun room, a second guest room, multi-purpose room and ballroom are being added in Phase II. Also included are a 24-hour emergency response system, entry security, scheduled transportation, and optional dining. An executive director serves to coordinate activities and building management.