Illahee Hills - Urbandale, IA

Ready to settle in

I relocated to be close to family and this community is wonderful. It is independent living and if I needed more help I would just contract people to help me. I have a suite here. It is always clean with no odors. They have 2 delicious meals a day. The staff is efficient and nice. They have a salon available to me. They have a weekly calendar with a different activity each day. They also offer PT and OT therapy if fact the PT director checked on me daily when I was having some respiratory issues. They have lots of pine trees and the grounds are pretty

I toured this community

I went on a tour here. The staff was nice and friendly. They answered all of my questions. The rooms were on the smaller side and it was more of an independent living and mom needed assisted living. I would recommend families tour this community before choosing a place.

I would recommend this community.

There is good communication with the main office and they help you feel relaxed. They offer daily activities as well as there is access to a church. They have people come in for Sunday school and communion. The activities director is good. They have a nice restaurant style dining room. They have varied menu options and they will personalize your meals for you. The community is clean the housekeeping is very accommodating, do their job well and have helped make mom feel comfortable.

A Good Tour Of The Community

I had a nice view of the community. I got to see empty apartments and met the people there. The apartments were nice but not as huge as I wanted. When I came for a tour I got the feeling I was buying a used car and the staff were more interested in the sales than me.

Settling Into His New Community

So far the experience has been good for my dad here. He is still trying to get settled in and when he is ready they offer many activities. The options for the meals have been enjoyable. The housekeeping is dependable and the community is kept clean. They all do a good job.

A WONDERFUL place for Mom to live!

We toured this place in May, 2016 & I fell in love with it. My Mom had just relocated back to Iowa, from 2 years in Arizona. She loved Illahee Hills as much as we did, but family members felt she should settle back in Iowa, living with family members. That lasted for a little over 4 months. We revisited the facility in Urbandale, IA and she knew that it was time to move in there.
So far, so good. She is 88, uses a walker or cane to get around and is on the 3rd floor, but easy access to the 2nd level where the dining room is. She gets 3 meals a day and snacks. Weekly light housecleaning. They only launder the sheets and towels, if you use theirs, but they provided the toilet paper. There is a laundry room, for no additional charges.
They have Trivia games at lunch time, activities at other times, outings, will take them shopping 2 days a week and to doctors appointments, 2 different days a week.
The staff from the Office Manager, to the bus driver and all in between, are wonderful. Food is great! If I wasn't married and wanted to stay in Iowa, I would move there too. Love this place and feel so good about my Mom living here.

All inclusive, 3 meals with options & snacks and transport. Apts and studio smaller but good layout. Not new carpet for each resident. Less $ but apts smaller. All in 1 building. Lots of activities. Meal tickets provided but did not eat & did not see food. Guide seemed rushed and didn't really listen to things I mentioned. Claims no cleaning fee when leave and buy in varies with apt size. Nice residential area.

The landscaping at Illahee Hills is beautiful!!

The community is clean and looks very nice. My cousin enjoys living here. The entire staff are nice. She introduced us to some of the caregivers and maintenance workers. The food is good and the dining room is also nice. I would recommend looking into this community.

A Wonderful Experience For Me Here

I'am really pleased with my move here. Everything has worked out very well for me here. Everybody has been very kind and welcoming. I really like the staff, they have been very helpful and accommodating to me. The community looks great, everything is very neat and tidy. I have tired a few of the activities, there are many for me to choose from. This is a bright cheerful community. It has been a very wonderful experience for me here.

This was very comparable in quality, but had a more suburban feel.

We toured this as we were looking for options. It was really nice, and we ended up going with a different Holiday location. This was very comparable in quality, but had a more suburban feel. It was more subdued, and just a little quieter than the location we went with. Very comparable though, and I have been very happy with the location we did pick.

Right now it's been fantastic.

Right now it's been fantastic. We have had no problems so far. It's as close to assisted living, as you can get, and still be in independent living. We are very happy with it.

Friendly, accommodating staff

We helped a friend locate this facility, and from everything we've seen they're treating him very well! It's a nice looking clean place and the staff is very friendly and accommodating! He has to leave for dialysis treatments a few days a week at lunch time, and they always make sure to have some hot food ready for him when he gets back!

Helpful and Flexible

I think the management is good and they are friendly and outgoing with their residents and they are helpful when the residents need particular small amounts of help and they are flexible with those types of things. I think overall it has been a great experience.

We really like it. My grandma raves about the food.

We really like it. My grandma is really enjoying herself. The food is great. She raves about the food. Everybody has been very welcoming to her. The only complaint is that she is suppose to have a phone set up but they have not set it up yet. Everything else has been great. Everyone is very nice and friendly. The friendliness is excellent. The Illahee Hills is a very nice community with friendly people.

It's going pretty well. I really like it.

It's going pretty well. I really like it. I don't have any complaints about anything really. The staff is nice and it's clean. The food isn't always great, but it's not bad and most of the time it's pretty good.

five stars across the board!

They go out of their way to make their people happy. Really satisfied, five stars across the board!

So far everything has been great.

So far everything has been great. She is happy, and I get to visit often. They have been very accommodating, they help with transportation to medical appointment. She loves the meals, and participates in the activities, and enjoys them when she can. The first couple of weeks were rough. Management has turned over a couple of times, but we haven't had any issues with that. I would recommend them to anyone. It was even one of the less expensive places.

It's nice but expensive, and doesn't take elderly wavier

We toured here while we were considering a place. We realized that you need to have a lot of cash on hand to live here. It's nice but expensive, and doesn't take elderly wavier, medicare, or medicaid.

i WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH iLLAHEE H...

i WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH iLLAHEE Hills. I had the opportunity to try their noon meal on Jan 8th-My mom's birthday; and it was delicous. This community has alot to offer my mom. The managers are very helpful and friendly to my mom too. The residents are very nice too.

$1,400 a month ? studio w/kitchenette...

$1,400 a month ? studio w/kitchenette, not a step-up facility, 3 meals/day/month, only expense is personal items ? all utilities included (even cable tv), transportation available, housekeeping, activities, linen services (hotel-like atmosphere), pullcords in room. There is no nursing staff, but an RN is outsourced and comes every day to assist seniors as needed. There are also 2 live-in managers that are available to residents 24/7. Can drop in anytime to visit since managers live on-site.

This sounds really nice. It is all in...

This sounds really nice. It is all inclusive of 3 meals a day, utilities (except phone), activities, bus. All apartments are unfurnished.

Toured. Not convinced it's the best p...

Toured. Not convinced it's the best place for my family.

Best so far for set up and facilities.

Best so far for set up and facilities.

loved the place and staff

loved the place and staff

Perched atop a rolling hill overlooking a beautiful countryside, Illahee Hills offers you a charming view to call your own. Nestled in a cozy corner northwest of Des Moines, we’re just a few miles from the picturesque bridges of Madison County and even closer to Saylor Lake.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind