Bayside Terrace Assisted Living and Memory Care - Coos Bay, OR

So far, so good!

I live in a different state as my brother but so far, things have been well for him. He adjusted right off the bat, and the staff has been good to him from what I have heard. The facility is clean and his room is maintained clean as well. I would defiantly recommend them because they have been very helpful.

Good but could improve

My friend moved here recently and is having a difficult time transitioning. They could improve by offering more gender specific activities. I realize they can't have a blow torch or wood shop and they have to appeal to everyone but variety would be appreciated. They could also improve by providing more fresher food options. Less processed, canned and high in sodium, sugar foods would be preferred. I ate with him yesterday and dessert was a giant piece of cake with a heaping amount of icing on top. We chose this community because because my friend liked it the most out of the three options we toured.

Frontier Management

Thanks Bayside Terrace Assisted Living - Coos Bay, Or Family, for leaving us this response. If you'd be willing, Kathleen Sharrar would like to speak with you at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Bayside Terrace moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

YUK

Oh, my! DO NOT send your loved one here! The administration is like a middle school clique and they tend to gossip about co-workers and residents. They seem to have no time to make the residents feel at home or to accommadate them in any way. They go against the handbook every time that it may make them feel better. The director is rarely there and when she is it is for personal reasons. I have talked to former employees and they say the same thing and wonder what she is doing. She pawns off all of her chores on others and then sits and does nothing. The residents are not # 1 as they state. The money is #1. Again, DO NOT send your loved one there!

Frontier Management

Hi, Bayside Terrace Assisted Living - Coos Bay, Or Visitor, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If you'd be willing, Kathleen Sharrar would like to speak with you at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Bayside Terrace moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Worst place ever

In my opinion the wonderful reviews were written by staff at Bayside Terrace because my experience is total opposite. Management does not come out and get anyone a coke! There are 2 caregivers to tend to 11 to 18 people each. How much love and caring do you think your loved one will get? Some caregivers have been witnessed yelling and yanking on their patients. Administration hires family members ( which is against the handbook) to put in power positions. This would be the absolute last place I would put any loved one in.

A Beautiful Community

My Mom lives here and I can say that the community is beautiful. There is a nice garden path the you can walk the surrounds the building. The staff is friendly. The food is really good (especially for an assisted living!) They have a really good activity program. Lots of really neat activities like-crafts, painting, & singers. My mom loves to go to the Sticky Spoon Jammers jam making classes. She has even went with them to the farmer's market to sell their hand made jams & sauces. She was so proud that their group won the Oregon Healthcare Association Enrichment of Life Award. This is a community that cares about their residents and I feel welcome every time I walk through the door.

My mom lives here at Bayside Terrace and we could not be happier that she is there. Bayside Terrace feels like home and is a much smaller community rather than the "hotel" feel that others in the area gave myself and my mother. The staff is so friendly, from the tour till now the staff is always top notch. Bayside Terrace is a great place.

Owned by the same company as Ocean Ri...

Owned by the same company as Ocean Ridge, which I loved. But at this one, I didn't like how they treated the residents. I walked with the director around as she showed me the rooms. We walked by a lady and the director said to her "I will get you that coke in just a few minutes." Then they walked past her four more times during the duration of the tour, and she said the same thing. I said that it would be OK for her to stop the tour and get her her coke, and she said "No, she can wait." This was a poor old woman in a wheel chair. People weren't happy there. No one was smiling. People in the lunch area were just sitting completely disengaged.

Pretty Good

My dad is not longer there because he got a lot worse and we had to take him out. He's in a nursing home now. When my parents were there most of the staff were pretty good. The food was horrible because they don't season it. The whole time my mom was there they didn't come in to vacuum but the staff was pretty good.

New and Modern but Not Cozy

It was newer. The main room was very modern with high ceilings. Just like a huge, great room but it wasn't intimate or cozy. It's very upscale and nice but very expensive. The modern feel of it did not appeal to my father.

Welcome to Ocean Crest Retirement and Assisted Living Community, the premier Retirement and Assisted Living Community in Coos Bay, Oregon. Ocean Crest is located on the beautiful Oregon coast just minutes away from the serenity of the Pacific Ocean. The Community is only a short distance away from shopping, restaurants, parks, downtown attractions and the Bay Area Hospital.

Our goal at Ocean Crest is to exceed each Resident’s individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choices, dignity, privacy and respect. Our concept of independent and comfortable senior housing with services assures our Residents that their specific needs will be professionally attended to by our 24-hour on site staff. Each resident selects the level of assistance they require while maintaining their independent lifestyle.

Ocean Crest amenities include a large elegant dining room, living room, reading nooks, activity room, library and TV lounge. Safety features of the Community include a complete building sprinkler system and smoke detectors. Our residents enjoy these features along with delicious home-style meals, a meaningful activity program and scheduled transportation.Our small town community atmosphere compliments all of this and more. Additionally, our wellness and activity programs provide further assistance to maintain our residents’ independence and quality of life.

At Ocean Crest you will enjoy the privacy of your own residence within a Community of care and support. Each apartment features spacious living areas, large private bathroom, emergency call system, kitchenettes and individual climate control. All of this is included in a month-to-month rental agreement with no buy-in fee.