Middlefield Oaks - Cottage Grove, OR

Middlefield Oaks

Middlefield Oaks has been great so far. The place is very clean, which is important because I’m kind of a neat freak. The staff is extremely helpful, and is always right there to answer our questions. The food is good as well. My mother has put on six pounds since moving there about a month ago, and I think the atmosphere of everyone sitting down together in the dining room and being able to eat at their own pace is really helpful for her. There are lots of activities here as well like cards, puzzles, and crafts, and they post a monthly brochure so everyone knows what is available. It’s very expensive, but overall, I would recommend it to others.

Helpful Staff!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff did a great job with the presentation and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the spacious dinning room area and thought they had a great meal selection for the residents. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision.

Sorry but we didn’t visited/viewed Middlefield Oaks - Cottage Grove, OR. Instead we visited Magnolia Gardens in Cottage Grove to which my comments below pertain.

We toured the Middlefield Oaks and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. They answered all of the questions we had and the residents that we saw seemed happy and involved. We chose another community that my mom had her heart set on.

I Called Them For Information

I was unable to do a tour because it was not near me. I liked that there is a hospital across the way in case of any emergencies. I did not like the financial part. There were not enough options to help make it easy for us. The manager was responsive quick, within a few days.

Great activities

The activities here are great. The person that coordinates them really does a good job of making sure that they are fun and not repetitive for the residents. The facility is always clean and it seems to be well run. The food could be a little less bland.

Meals could be improved

They have a good amount of activities - bingo, crafts, day trips. My mom lived here and she had fallen several times and there was no one to escort her down to dinners. Also, you had to fill out a menu a week in advance. They could improve on the quality of their meals. If they could have little menus on the table to choose from that day, that would be a big improvement. It's a little cramped in the dining room. Square table instead of round tables would make it easier for the residents to sit together.

Middlefield Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care has proudly served the elderly of Cottage Grove and surrounding communities since 2006. Our friendly and caring staff is available to assist our residents 24 hours a day.

The town of Cottage Grove is at the foothills of the historic Bohemia gold mines and is also home to many historic covered bridges. Middlefield Oaks is located in a quiet neighborhood across from the local Hospital and near the middlefield golf course. Middlefield Oaks is an ideal choice for retirement, with personalized assistance services available that cater to individual needs.

We are home to approximately 98 residents, each with their own private and semi private rooms. Among other things, the residents of Middlefield Oaks enjoy taking walks on our 5-acre campus, growing vegetables in our gardens, bi-weekly exercise class, and spending a relaxing afternoon in our fireside room. Visit *Life-enhancing activities and outings