Pacific View Senior Living - Bandon, OR

don't put your loved one here!

Pacific view is not for you! I had both my parents there for almost a year my mom in assisted living and dad in memory care. My dad developed a urinary tract infection (UTI) and as you know they can cause strange behavior. He bit someone when they were trying to pull him from a closet and Pacific View kicked him out! He has never been Violent before or since this incident. I have been in the medical field for 30 years and tried to explain to the staff it was the UTI that caused the problem but they would not listen. My Dad spent over a month in the coos bay Hospital until I could find a new home for him. Had to move my mom as well because she wanted to be close to him. when they say your part of a family don't believe them!

Care for a loved one

The community here is nice. The staff here is nice and very helpful, but a small communication issue in a few areas that are improving. We like that they are patient and understanding. They have activities for those who can participate. We would recommend the care that is given here to other families.

He loves it!

My loved one is doing very well at the Pacific View. The place is very clean and well maintained. The staff is super! They are very friendly and helpful. We could not be happier with our decision to chose this place!

Unhappy with timely manner of medical attention

My mother-in-law was a 74 year old healthy, woman excited to be going to a home with people her own age.Was not happy with the timely manner of care for my mother-in-law when she had a fall, she was walking, after the fall she proceeded to use a wheel chair for 5 days before she got medical attention. It took them 5+ days, for the facility to get her medical attention, then her injuries were to far gone and she passed away

This facility was taken over recently...

This facility was taken over recently by a corporation and the quality of service and especially the food dropped dramaticlly. They are now on their 2ned Administrator in 6 months. All the old staff left and they rely on trainees. Suggest you talk to a resident before renting.

Seasons Management

Thank you for taking the time to review Pacific View. We strive to provide the best service and take your feedback seriously. We would love the opportunity to speak further with you on your experience. Please feel free to call us at [removed]. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Room for improvement, but I'd live there.

Pacific View is that. All the rooms on the front of the building (3 floors) have a beautiful view of the ocean, river and lighthouse. That is the best part of Pacific View. The staff is friendly, but not overly efficient. The activities director is very energetic, and they do many activities (many art activities mostly), and take trips around town occasionally. There has been a recent change in management, and they are working on some upgrades. The main complaint I have is about the food. They claim it is restaurant-style dining. Only in that you place an order. The food is not good, it is barely okay. They don't have a trained chef on staff. They have one good cook, one marginal one, and one bad one that they continue to train. The food is not usually hot, and the wait staff doesn't make suggestions about choices they have like they're supposed to. There are several common rooms for people to meet and just hang out and chat. They also do up special events, like Mother's Day, the 4th of July (great view of the fireworks from here!), etc.

Seasons Management

Thank you for taking the time to review Pacific View. We strive to provide the best service and take your feedback seriously. We would love the opportunity to speak further with you on your experience. Please feel free to call [removed]. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you Pacific View and A Place for Mom!

My father recently moved to Pacific View and I am so thrilled! I cannot thank Tom Dimmick from Pacific View enough for the fantastic job he has done with making it possible for my Dad to have the best care possible! Tom went above and beyond to find every resource and avenue available for my Dad and I am forever grateful. Tom, you are a true Angel, a remarkable person and exceptional at your job!!! Thank you so much to A Place For Mom for putting me in contact with the wonderful people at Pacific View: Tom Dimmick, Rachel, Debbie, Steven... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! My Dad is happier than he has been in YEARS and it's all thanks to the heartfelt work you do!

Seasons Management

Andrea, thank you for your kind words! Our team at Pacific View takes pride in our jobs and really love what we do. We are so happy to have your father and you as a new member of the Pacific View family. Thank you!

This is a great place. The...

This is a great place. They have beautiful ocean and lighthouse views, bright and cheery atmosphere and great food. I would love to put my Mom here but she insists she isn't ready yet. Maybe later?

Can't Do A Liquid Diet

This was a very nice facility but they couldn't accommodate my dad's dietary needs. They could do a mechanical diet but not a liquid diet. They were newer and more modern and more expensive.