Excellent place for seniors!

I recently put my mother in Royal Oak House. I find the facility and staff excellent. My 95 year old mother who has dementia tells me that she is well treated. I am called by the staff if she is in need of anything and with progress reports on my mom. I am very pleased with everything about the facility. I looked at many places before choosing Royal Oak House and feel I made the very best decision for my mom and family.

No way Jose

Since April 2015 this location is no longer owned by American House and Bob Gillette. It is now owned by Vigay Shaore.

Medication administration from Medical Team also ended in April 2015 and is now done by ComForCare owned by Ajay Schgal.

Ever since the ownership change the quality of care by both Royal Oak House and ComForCare has been atrocious. The most frustrating aspect is that when problems are pointed out to management nothing happens.

Communications to family members is nonexistent.

Discussions with Executive Director are fruitless.

Constant churn of staff, much higher than when this was American House. Numerous times staff are seen standing around talking, taking selfies, etc.

Numerous medication errors or missed or late dosages.

Discussions with ComForCare Program Manager are fruitless.

Who is running this place?

This used to be an excellent place and we recommended it to many people in situations like ours. No more.

Friendly, helpful staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at American House Royal Oak. It's a very nice looking place, always clean, and the staff are very friendly. They really go out of their way to be helpful, and to make you feel like a member of the family. I highly recommend them!

I had no complaints, I liked it, and the people were great.

We did a temporary trial stay here. I had no complaints, I liked it, and the people were great. I loved the staff, and she did too. It was immaculate, it was great, and they were very cordial. They had a good variety of activities, and she participated in some. The food was great, I didn't think sauerkraut was the best idea, but everything was fine. I would rate them very highly.

Not a good place

This is not a good place to move to. It smells terrible the carpet seems to never be clean it's very dark they need to update the place. The office staff is pretty rude when they don't feel like handling a complaint. The only thing good about the place is the food and the staff did a good job of getting you down to the dinning room if you forget.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving your feedback! We work hard to make sure everything is always clean and that our residents are well taken care of, so I’d like to talk to you about your concerns. Please call me personally or stop by my office anytime.
Chris Laymac, Executive Director

Had some nice features such...

Had some nice features such as gardening, but was dark,gloomy. Mom prefers bright and cheery. People were very nice. Rooms were very small, not suitable for her scooter.

American House Senior Living Communities

We have some of the best staff around, that’s for sure! Sometimes the rooms in our apartments may seem smaller than in a large house, but I can assure you they are adequately equipped to handle a scooter – it just may be a little different than your mom is used to. If you’d like to call me personally, I’d happy to talk to you more in depth.

Seems good

I don't have a lot of experience with what's happening but they seem to be taking care of my father. It's pretty clean, it's not a pretty building but they keep it clean. We chose it because of the cost and the location

American House Senior Living Communities

Cost and location are most definitely big factors when considering a senior living community, so thank you for choosing us! I know the building is a little older, but we definitely do our best to keep it clean and maintained. If you ever have any questions, you can call me directly anytime.

Chris Laymac

Executive Director

My Mom is Happy Here

My enjoys it and she seems to be doing better there than staying home with me. She enjoys balloon volleyball, bingo, trips and walks around the neighborhood. They come down and check on her if she doesn't come down for a meal. If she feeling a little punk they end up bringing it to her. I think they go above and beyond. They're very caring and helpful. She enjoys the food too. They had a BBQ picnic and she had never had a pulled pork sandwich before. She had seconds! She gets three square meals a day and I think her health has improved.

She though we were going to stick her away in some hole and never see her again and her opinion has greatly changed.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks you so much for your wonderful review! We try to go above and beyond whenever possible, so it means a lot that you noticed that. If she has any comments or ideas about the activities, please tell her to stop by and talk to me!

[removed]

Too pricey with all the 'a ...

Too pricey with all the 'a la carte' items. My mother needs help with everything and nothing is really included in the base rate other than meals.

American House Senior Living Communities

We find that adding our services “a la carte” helps our residents to not pay for what they don’t need — since we hope to accommodate everyone without having to be a one-size-fits-all community. When you factor in the amount of services we can provide, I truly feel the value is evident. If you give me a call, I’d be happy to discuss your concerns with you.

[removed]

A comfortable, family-like atmosphere in a quiet residential neighborhood with easy freeway access nearby, Royal Oak is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Royal Oak, Madison Heights, Berkley, Huntington Woods, Clawson, and Troy. We are also located in close proximity to several hospitals including Royal Oak Beaumont, St. John Oakland, and Botsford Hospital. Royal Oak Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our senior apartments are all ground floor studios with private baths on peaceful landscaped grounds. We also have a community dining room, activity rooms, and comfortable lounges for socializing.
Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips, and staff members are available 24-hours a day.

Resident Services also include scheduled transportation and restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.