Silverado Naperville - Naperville, IL

Toured Community

We liked this community when we toured it. The community was clean very well maintained. The building is one story so no stairs or elevators to have to deal with The staff was kind and friendly.

Silverado Representative

We're glad you had the opportunity to visit our community and experience the Silverado difference. As you noticed, our associates are committed to providing quality care and excellent service. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

A good tour

This community seemed to have some nice staff when we visited. The community was clean and the grounds are well maintained. This community seemed to offer some nice activities and amenities. I did not like that my loved one would of had to share a room.

Silverado Representative

We're happy to hear that you had the opportunity to tour our community. As you experienced during your visit, Silverado Naperville is a social and engaging environment. Many of our rooms are designed to be companion rooms since we have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social.

Unquestionably the BEST.

This place is undeniable the best place I have encountered. From customer service to patient care to updates to the physical space, the Silverado of Naperville shines. My father had been in 2 different facilities and 2 hospitals in 2 months. The circumstances were grim and the administrative help from the current nursing home was troublesome. Silverado stepped up to the plate. They called the day after I spoke with A Place For Mom and was there at every step, not only answering questions about their facility, but helping me navigate as I looked for other facilities and dealt with the issues of my father's current nursing home. I chose them not only for there customer service, but because of their respectful care for their patients and me. The patients are active and participating in daily activities and live a normal day to day routine. The facility is abuzz with things to do and visitors. Other facilities tended to let their patients sit and nap. Silverado encourages them to be engaged in life even though their memories are impaired. The joy and happiness you see from both the patients and the staff is contagious. I am so blessed to have my father here. They take care of him and me.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to share your Silverado story, Teri. We appreciate your kind words and are glad to hear that your father is thriving at Silverado Naperville. Our inspiration comes from seeing how our efforts have helped those we serve. Hearing from residents' families inspires us to reach new heights of accomplishment. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family.

Silverado is not going to be a good fit for us unfortunately..
They only have shared rooms and residents are not allowed:
TV's in their rooms
No Cash/Credit Cards
No Cell Phone
No Kitchenettes

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We appreciate your feedback. Silverado is a lively and engaging environment and we have found that many of our residents benefit from having shared rooms. Although rooms do not have individual kitchenettes, there are bistros throughout the community where residents can help themselves at any time to snacks, such as fruit, sandwiches and other refreshments. Thanks again for sharing your comments.

Intelligent Staff!!

The staff that gave my loved one and I a great tour of there community. They where very helpful and knowledgeable about all of the details and packages they had to offer. The rooms where just not a private studio and felt more of a dorm then an apartment. Overall everything was fine it was just not the right fit for my mother.

Silverado Representative

At Silverado, we pride ourselves in being industry leaders and being the experts in care for those with memory loss and cognitive disorders. Thank you for taking the time to review our Naperville community!

Needs some improvement!!

My grandmother had went to this community for a short stay and to help her find a good medication that worked for her that would help stabilize things. The staff where really great and where very friendly to my mother while she was in there care. I do have some concerns about the safety of some of the residents though. There was often different residents who lived there that where wondering in other peoples room including my grandmothers and becoming aggressive. I had to ask to have a lock be put on my grandmothers door to make sure she was safe. The food was also not very impressive and was often frozen still and very bland when served.

Silverado Representative

Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is Silverado's top priority, and we appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to improve upon the world-class environment for which we are known.

They Help Bring Purpose For The Residents

It worked out reasonably well for my mom. We liked them a lot and they have been good at communicating with us when we asked them. They are consistent with wht they do. The community has an outdoor and indoor area for residents. Baking is offered and they can make pies. My mother-in-law shares a room and being more functioning does not match well. Structured activities are provided. I like that the ratio is good here about 60% women to 40% men.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We take pride in being industry leaders and providing world-class care. As memory care experts, our unique philosophy and daily activities allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. As you mentioned, we truly hope to bring purpose to our residents through engaging and meaningful activities. We appreciate your feedback!

Mom's Care

This is a excellent community. My mom is happy with the great care that she is receiving. The community is clean and the food is great. She is involved in activities that she enjoys. I would recommend this for other excellent care for a loved one.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for your comments. We're happy to hear that your mother is thriving at Silverado and enjoys the daily activities we have in our community.

Be an advocate for your loved one

As a family member, you must keep on top of your loved one's care. The staff has the best intentions, but you cannot assume that promised care will be provided. Ask questions, be present, and advocate for your loved one.

Animals, room mates and kids

I am stunned at the reviews. After 16 months-I wished I had known. If the primary interest in your loved ones care is having a pet I will pray for you. Silverado should change its marketing approach. They are an acute memory care provider. If anyone has a loved one that requires advanced acute care, meaning strong, high level, advanced dementia or Alzheimer then Silverado is good at what they do. For mid level, mild dementia, their Nexus program is the same as many others. Their business model is impressive, they can double the income on all rooms by cleverly marketing how sharing rooms are better for people with Dementia. Some, maybe, most, never. Maybe it is possible that come one day loved ones may need the advanced care, so to sacrifice now to get to that point is incredible. The care, programming, food and facility is marginal at best and ranking as fair is generous in some aspects. The entire senior staff is in lock step with the the Silverado pitch on how wonderful sharing a room is, how great the food is, how wonderful they "extraordinary" Nexus program is, how great it is to have dogs roaming around, how children make the people happier, how the care staff is the best trained and so loving. Talk is cheap, except here it is very expensive. All of that is offered at many , many, communities. This is institutional care at its worse. A business model unlike any others. Acute care, yes. Anything less, go elsewhere and offer your loved one a better life with dignity, care, comfort, and a better life. I wish I had known the truth and bought into the hype and misleading Champions. There is a reason only a couple people vouch for this place, many leave.

Beautiful facility. Very welcoming, friendly staff. Care of the residents was very evident. They were obvious in their devotion and love of the residents. Nice tour. Lots of activity for the residents. Very clean. Answered all our questions and more. Glad we went. Gave us lots to think about.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you had a chance to visit our community and experience the Silverado difference.

Liked The Tour, Moved In Now

My aunt has a dog and this is the main reason why we chose this community. I like the way the community looks and it appears to be absolutely clean all around. I met with the director and they were very informative. I tried a cookie there and it was good. My aunt has moved in already so its too soon to tell how it will be but after researching and touring it seems like a good fit.

Silverado Representative

Hello! At Silverado, we are one big family and treat our residents with love, dignity and respect. Pet therapy is a cornerstone to our unique philosophy of care and our community pets bring smiles to our residents' faces every day. We love our furry friends! Thank you for your comments.

love the place

I love love love the fact that she was able to take her pet with them. They have 4 other pets there. They really get them involved in the activities by getting out of the room which is great.

Silverado Representative

Community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Our four furry friends provide companionship, engage our residents and fill the environment with life! Thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

Too big and pricey - but nice place - not good fit for Mom.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. Silverado Naperville has warm, spacious rooms, large windows and open center courtyard that contribute to a bright, lively atmosphere where high quality of life is fundamental.

So happy we found Silverado

When our family decided it was time for mom to leave California and move closer to us, we were overwhelmed with the task of finding the perfect place for her. Although the decision was extremely difficult, after touring five facilities we decided Silverado was perfect as it checked off the majority of our wish list boxes! The facility itself is beautiful, clean and has plenty of space indoors and outdoors for the residents to roam. The staff is always friendly, caring and responsive. There is a nice mix of residents in various stages of dementia...mom easily made friends with other ladies who are on her same cognitive level. One of the biggest pluses for our family is that the staff readily welcomed mom's little dog into the Silverado family. Mom has now been living at Silverado for two months and is well adjusted and happy.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your kind words! We are happy to hear that your mother is thriving at Silverado. Community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Our unique philosophy and homelike environment allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family.

I liked this one very much and thought the staff was very friendly and the facility was very nice but it is on the expensive side. Liked that it was all memory care.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for recognizing our amazing associates!

A wonderful experience

It has been a wonderful experience. They have worked beautifully with my father. He is now off of many of his medications including his anti anxiety medication. It has been a positive experience. They have allowed some of the residents to bring in their large dogs. They are now apart of the Silverado family. It has just been an excellent experience there. The whole family is very happy. I would absolutely recommend it.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. As industry leaders and memory care experts, our skilled staff provide compassionate care that is designed to treat mind and spirit as well as body. At Silverado, we are one big family and treat our residents with love, dignity and respect. We hope that you and your family will swing by our community again some time soon!

one of the best

They have done really well. We have had a few bumps in the road, but they have done a good job working with us to get them worked out and doing all they can to get things working well for my mom. Of all the places I have looked at for memory care I would definitely have to say that Silverado Naperville is one of the best.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your kind feedback. As always, we are fully committed to providing the best care for your loved one and are always available to discuss any suggestions that you may have.

We are Happy

What a difference from where my dad was me and my sister can see the difference in him just after 1 week there. It make you feel like your at home,we are glad that we made the move.
George Dodaro Jr.

Silverado Representative

George, thanks for sharing your Silverado story! We pride ourselves in providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. We are so happy to hear that your father is thriving and enjoying life at Silverado. We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I know this might sound unbelievable but within 48 I saw a huge change in my father and after 3 weeks it is amazing. He is always wanting to talk, he is smiling, and he is even dancing during activities at Silverado.

I would HIGHLY recommend Silverado to those who are looking for a facility for someone with memory care needs.

Silverado Representative

Jerry, thank you so much for sharing your Silverado story! Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members. We hope that you'll swing by the community to enjoy a meal with your father or join us for one of our dancing activities!

They are incredible.

They are incredible. They are doing an excellent job. They have done better than I expected, and I expected a lot. They are really on top of stuff, when there was an incident and my dad had to go to the hospital they went with him and stayed with him. They are flexible and accommodating of my schedule, and if I can't come down to meet with someone they will arrange a phone conference. It looks like a resort, and a hotel, with large open areas for meetings. There is always someone interacting with them and doing activities. You really do get value for your money.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing from Silverado family members. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of those affected by dementia. As you have experienced, Silverado Naperville has dementia specific engagement plans with age-appropriate activities and resident outings that help create a sense of normalcy and purpose. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments! We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

They are doing an absolutely fantastic job.

They are doing an absolutely fantastic job. There are no concerns whatsoever. Overall she is very satisfied with the food her only complaint is they serve white bread instead of wheat. They have really been very accommodating. I would give them 155 out of 5! They really have been that good.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your positive comments! Our Naperville community is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often time children as well. We are happy to hear that your loved one enjoys the amazing cuisine that our culinary team offers. For future reference, we do offer wheat bread for all of those who request it. Please let our culinary team know that your loved one prefers wheat bread and we will accommodate her needs. Thanks again and we look forward to being a trusted resource!

They are doing good.

They are doing good. They could do a better job getting the laundry, it often doesn't get done. They have one person to do laundry for 80 residents. Other than that it's wonderful.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for sharing your comments! We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We hope to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

friendly

Overall it has been a fairly decent experience with Silverado Naperville. There have been a couple of small issues here and there, but the place is very nice and clean and the people there are super friendly.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Silverado's philosophy is to provide world-class care through a skilled, compassionate staff. We are happy to discuss any concerns with you firsthand.

Overall a very good place, with a lot to offer.

The staff is very clean and pretty friendly. I felt like their community fee was pretty high, and they were not very flexible. Sometimes I will see a group of residents in an area, and I won't see any staff there to monitor them, or keep an eye on them. I don't see a lot of activity, I see some, but she can't participate a lot, so I may not notice as much. The meals seem to be adequate, the level of food and presentation are pretty good. They have a crew that does nothing but laundry, and one for just the dining room. That frees the caregivers up to focus on the residents. They do laundry every day. Maryanne the family ambassador here, is very good at her job. The people I have met here, Linda, the nurses and Maryanne are great. It's a very open and layout, they don't separate the levels, and they can walk all around. They also have a full time social worker, so if the CNA's and nurses have a tough time, she is there to help, and they have a support group that the social worker hosts. They have a house dog that everyone likes a lot, it's very well trained and behaves well. They also have a three hole putt putt in the garden, and a greenhouse, they have a lot of different things. They also have events geared toward the families, and are very encouraging of family time.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad that you had a positive experience! As always, our associates continue to be committed to providing life enriching care to not only our residents but to their family members as well. We hope that you will join us in more of our family geared events in the future!

It's been really pretty good.

It's been really pretty good. I like the size of the place, they don't take too many residents, and they keep the ratio of caregivers to residents at a good balance. The age range is closer to his than the last place. The food looks nice, but it's not as great as I would like it to be, sometimes the chicken is dry. There was a salmon with a mango chutney, but they didn't have any other options, and they have a lot of broccoli. They are coming out with an anytime menu, I would like to see more options. It's a beautiful facility, they have kitchens where the residents can go, with refrigerators, where they can grab a drink or a snack. I think they are still working out a few bugs, they opened less than a year ago, but they are doing a pretty good job so far.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We appreciate all feedback. Our culinary team would be happy to hear from you and accommodate individual dietary needs. If you are open to it, we would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly with you.

Great place only one year o...

Great place only one year old, but it was to far even though it was all expressway to get there and the cost was the highest we encountered. That is the first place I felt concerned about the cost.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad you had the opportunity to tour the newest of our Chicagoland-area Silverado communities.

Prejudice lives here

This building is beautiful and mostly welcoming, however the director of engagement obviously racially profiled me on my visit. As an African American health care professional I visited this family for a class. I was in line behind seven other people and I was the only one questioned about what I was doing there at te facility. Not only questioned BUT done so very rudely- coincidentally I was also the only black. There aren't any black residents, there were no black visitors and no black people in positions of power- again coincidentally?? Judging by the way I was singled out this is by design

A good busy community

They keep them busy with activities. They just make it easier for placing someone with dementia into situations where they can thrive. There is enough parking. The food could be a little better as the portions aren’t very large.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad you had an opportunity to dine with your loved one. Silverado family members are always encouraged to join their loved one for a complimentary meal! And we are always happy to serve seconds! As always, our associates continue to be committed to enriching the lives of those we serve!

The best place ever for memory patients

My brother has only been there for about a week or so now, but he's quite comfortable. He especially loves that it feels like a home and not a hospital. He likes his independence where he can get a snack and drink whenever he pleases and likes that he can be with people and has safe spots including his "apartment" that he can go to when he needs quiet. The staff has been especially helpful and there are plenty of activities for the residents. It is sparkling clean and brand new another feature I really love. I also LOVE that he can walk the entire building both inside and outside and that family has plenty to do while there. I can't say enough about Silverado Memory Care.

Silverado Representative

Lynn, thank you for your comments! As you noted, a homelike and open environment is a cornerstone of our unique philosophy of care. We are happy that you and your brother have had a positive experience and look forward to being a trusted resource to you and your family in the future!

I have enoyed them very much! Everyth...

I have enoyed them very much! Everything seems to be going very well! The staff are all very warm and gracious to myself, as well as my loved one. All of the options are ungodly expensive in my opinion, but I think this is a great value. Very good choice!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy that you had a positive experience. Silverado associates are specially trained to provide life-enriching care to our residents and feedback like this truly motivates us.

very nice and knowledgeable...

very nice and knowledgeable I was very impressed.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you had the opportunity to experience the Silverado difference.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.