Autumn Leaves of Gurnee - Gurnee, IL

Autumn Leaves of Gurnee - Gurnee, IL has yet not published prices.

They have a true heart of the special needs required of Alzheimer's and dementia residents and take every step to provide them with a healthy active secure lifestyle. The residents seemed happy and comfortable with their living space. The staff fabulous with the residents. Loved the way all corridors lead to central areas. I also liked the single level living as opposed to multi level living

Judy Brown

They encourage the residents to join activities...

As far as I know, my mother is adjusting well. It is such a new experienced, so it is hard to know. I see her every other day and she's eating better than she was at home. I would recommend this community because of the care, but obviously that depend on what people are looking for. They offer various activities and things to do but my mother is not much of a joiner. I know they try to encourage her without forcing her and she will hang out and watch sometimes. What I liked while touring was that they are strictly memory care, and only have about 40 residents. It gave her more chances to fit in.

Judy Brown

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We know having to make decisions around an Alzheimer's diagnosis can be difficult. Our staff members are genuinely compassionate and focused on helping during the transition to our community. We're so happy to add you and your Mom to the Autumn Leaves family!

We need more stars!

5 stars just doesn't seem enough when rating Autumn Leaves of Gurnee. We transitioned my grandmother here after a poor experience at another local nursing care facility. From the very beginning, the staff at Autumn Leaves Gurnee has been terrific. A move of this type is stressful for the family as well as the resident. I can't say enough about [Removed] who made this transition quite a pleasant experience. Since the move, the care my grandmother has received has been excellent. The nursing staff care and communication is also terrific. [Removed] keep us well informed regarding my grandmother's health and have been always available for a health consultation. [Removed], Executive Director of Autumn Leaves Gurnee, is nothing short of amazing. She cares deeply for the residents and goes above and beyond what we would have ever expected. The staff is always warm and welcoming when we visit and are very attentive to the residents. We researched a dozen different housing options in the area and Autumn Leaves of Gurnee stood out among them all. Our experience since moving in has shown this to be a great decision for my grandmother. I could not recommend them highly enough!

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We take great care in finding staff members who have a real compassion for seniors with memory care needs. We specialize in memory care, it's our passion, and we're pleased to see that it shows in what we do. We're thankful for our partners, and we're looking forward to welcoming you to the Autumn Leaves family!

We have good communication.

Mom seems to like the food at Autumn Leaves. The residents are friendly and she is making new friends. The community is gorgeous and it is a nice environment. The staff are wonderful, encouraging and attentive. They try to do whatever they can to make sure the residents are well cared for. They offer daily activities and mom seems to enjoy participating in some of them. She is walking better since moving in and I would recommend this community.

Judy Brown

We really appreciate your recommendation!

Mom has made amazing progress in less then 3 weeks

My mother had been in another facility for almost 2 years when she moved to Autumn Leaves about 2 weeks ago.
When she got there she wasn't speaking or walking, slept most of the time and spent most of her time in the wheel chair, and was almost total care.
From day one the staff noted that it was very hard to wake her up and to keep her awake. Slight changes were made and now she is allowed to sleep until she chooses to wake on her own. She is talking again.
They encourage her to walk and her legs are getting stronger.
She is a concert pianist and hadn't played in 2 years, she has started to play again.
The people at Autumn leaves have been amazing. She even says she like the food.

Judy Brown

What a heartwarming story; thank you very much for sharing it. This is why we do what we do. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I would rate them higher than a 5!!

I am very impressed with everything at Autumn Leaves so far. I pop in a few times a week and every time my mom will be involved in activities or doing something. The staff is great, they take very good care of her. My mother seems to like it, it has been a good experience.

Judy Brown

We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing!

Keep your loved one at home

[Removed]. I would not recommend for anyone to place their loved one at Autumn Leaves as I feel the care is not good. The caregivers do not have the knowledge or compassion toward the residents that they deserve. There is not proper oversite of residents. Wish I had kept my Mother in her own home. Biggest mistake I've ever made.

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in Gurnee to share your comments.

Finally, as distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Would not recommend...

We toured this community when looking for my mother. The staff needs more training on awareness of each resident's ability levels and accommodating that. Offering an environment that recognizes every resident is different. The atmosphere should be more fluid.

Judy Brown

As distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Very Close to Me

I found a home in the community for my patient. It is always very clean. The staff have been providing the care he needs. I liked that it is around the corner from my house so it is easy to get to. After an incident which lead him to be in a wheelchair he will need more care. It was good here during his time.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and our community. We work hard to find staff who are genuinely compassionate and focused on our residents.

This facility does not allow residents to have a scooter and our father can only get around with one so we ruled with place out.

Judy Brown

We would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

New Community!!

The meals are good they have a wide variety. The staff is nice. It's a clean community. I wish there was a little more communication between them and the family. It would be nice of the staff if they could try to do more activities with my mom. That way she wouldn't have to sit in front of the television all day. The effort of activities is not very good it doesn't seem like they put an effort.

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues with our activity program, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our Director of Life Engagement to share your comments.

We would like to sincerely thank you for bringing both your compliments and concerns to our attention.

A nice cozy community!!!

This community is a newer community and they have already had a high level of turnovers. Things are left out and they are sloppy. I have come in to find dirty diapers on the floor. My mom does not get her baths as often as she should. There have been some growing pains with the kitchen and the food. I have had nothing but issues with this community since she moved in. They are slow to open and slow to fill. It is a nice community as it is about 6 months old.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your feedback.

I Really Enjoyed My Tour Of This Community

This is a beautiful community with very kind people. I really enjoyed my tour of this community. The community is one level. The staff was very kind and friendly. The answered my questions, they were very informative. It was a very pleasant tour.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for taking the time to tour Autumn Leaves of Gurnee. We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.