Theresa's Home Care - Gurnee, IL

Tender Loving Care!

My mother is doing wonderfully since her move into this home. We love everything from the way that Theresa personally helped in handling the transition of my mother moving in, to helping introduce everyone to her once she moved in. They have been so welcoming. My mother went from living in another community for 6 years to never looking back. This has truly been the best experience!

Comfort For Mom!!

Theresa's Home Care has been providing great caring services for my mother. The staff try to encourage my mother to participate in activities to a level of comfort. I would highly recommend them there are no complaints. The meals are very healthy and nutritious. We are very satisfied with her care needs being met. My mother is safe in the community and this is very important.

Me and my brother took a tour of the place and were so impressed with the cleanliness and the friendly atmosphere. My mom has been there for about 2 months now and I have no complaints. The only thing I would say is there is not enough activity and they do not go outside much.

High recommendations for Theresa's House

Over the past 2 years, my mother moved from a 1 bedroom in an assisted living facility to a nursing home and then to Theresa's. Even though the nursing home had many activities, Mom no longer wanted to participate in any of them and spend most of the day in bed. We moved her to Theresa's because it has much more of a home feeling to it, it doesn't have the institutional feel of a nursing home. The house is bright, clean, and the family room has wonderful windows that look onto a large yard. Mom quickly became more interested and engaged in what was going on around her after she moved. Theresa also encouraged Mom to walk rather than use a wheel chair. This also helped Mom's self-esteem. Because Theresa only has 10 residents, fewer staff are needed, so Mom recognized them more quickly. Theresa and staff were friendly to all residents and family members, encouraged visits, and were genuinely interested in the well-being of their residents. I would highly recommend Theresa's House.

they were awesome!

They totally took the pressure off my mother and I. We met Theresa who runs it, and Rada is an absolute angel! I have never seen her in a bad mood. She is always awesome and takes great care of my father.

I really adore Theresa's Home Care and will definitely be using them again, and highly recommend them. They were awesome!

Review of Theresa's Home Care - Gurnee, IL

So far we are quite happy with Teresa's. It is a beautiful facility and extremely clean. Teresa is very caring and kind. My only complaint is they do not provide any activities for the residents. This is difficult for my mother because she sleeps too much during the day and is restless at night. She does not get any exercise or mental stimulation. My mother has only been at Teresa's for about 6 weeks so this review may change after she has been there longer. Overall it is a wonderful place and I would highly recommend Teresa's.

Theresa's Home

Therea's homes are small group homes in beautiful and peaceful settings. They have live in care giver(s) and offer very personalized attention. The entire approach was unique in my limited experience. Meals are home cooked. There were rules and structure which my mom was none too happy about but made sense to me. I was completely impressed by how clean everything was kept. You could eat off the floor, no kidding. They have a good nurse on staff and a doctor that makes regular hose calls. He was very thorough. Theresa is very personable. Clearly, her and her staff are all very hard workers.

Nice lady but basically a place to park people. No activities at all.

They have been great.

They have been great. We have no complaints at all. We love the nurse, and she is well taken care of and well fed. We love the one on one care. They are just great!

Well handled

It’s been very good. The staff is very friendly. They keep their facilities very clean. It is nicely remodeled and clean and orderly. Everything in their communities just seems well handled. We’ve had a really good experience.

Fabulous care

Theresas's Home Care is fabulous! They gave us a tour immediately and answered all our questions. They were ready when we were ready to take our loved one there. Any time we have questions or concerns they are a pone call away. The care giver is extremely caring.

It has been excellent so far, they treat my mom so well there.

It has been excellent so far, they treat my mom so well there. They are so good with my mother. It is clean and the staff is very friendly. The medical care is excellent, but they don't have physical therapy there on-site. I have no complaints.

Truly Feels Like Home!

Theresa's Home Care seems to be a wonderful fit for my father-in-law and his needs. The environment makes a person feel right at home and does not have the feel of the larger facilities. The care is very individualized and due to the size the caregiver can keep a close eye on all residents.

Theresa and her staff seem to be very caring, honest people who truly have the best interests of the seniors in their care at heart. In the week and a half my father-in-law has been there he is a changed person. He went from a man who said he wanted to die to now being happy and cheerful as he is being well cared for and treated with dignity and respect. Theresa's caregiver at the home is an amazing woman who takes exemplary care of the 5 people in the home. The home is immaculately clean and all of the residents seem to be very well cared for. The caregiver seems to take pride in her work and seems to love what she does. She is very attentive and friendly to all of the people. I have visited during two meals she prepared. The meals are home cooked and look delicious. Within the time my father-in-law has been there, I have been contacted a few times by Theresa, the doctor, and the nurse. They seem to keep the family well informed of the resident's care and needs.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with my experience with Theresa's Home Care.

Nice home, but not enough a...

Nice home, but not enough activities, and space for socializing.

Theresa' Home Care, LLC is a unique Residential Group Home located on a beautiful 1/2 acre lot, that boasts Centuries Old oak trees. Located in Gurnee,Il. Just minutes from Gurnee Mills. Due to many different circumstances you or your loved one may need to choose a home that offers assistance with daily living. Here at Theresa's Home Care LLC we pride ourselves in offering a friendly "home like" atmosphere. You will find that we offer a "non-institutional" environment. We offer a "home" with a very spacious yet warm and cozy atmosphere.

Our staff provides care that is as warm and welcoming as our beautiful home.