Atria Park of Tucker - Tucker, GA

Wonderful looking facility and they seemed to really engage the Seniors. Cost was a bit out of our price range unfortunately.

Looked Nice, but Had an Odor

I looked at Atria Park, and I thought that the community itself looked good. It was a nice place, and they seemed to have a lot going on for the residents within the community. However, I noticed an odor almost as soon as I walked in, so I did not feel comfortable with my loved one being there,

A bit Pricey

This was a very pretty community and the staff who showed me around did a nice job. They answered all my questions and they did take their time with my tour. I felt that it was a bit pricey compared to some of the other communities that I had toured. There were a lot of amenities and the rooms were nice as well.

Met my expectations

The staff take good care of mom. They are friendly and helpful. The salesperson was nice and knowledgable. We have no complaints about the food or the activities offered. The community is taken care of and they have a nice area outside for the residents to walk around. I would recommend this community.

A Good Place

Everything is going well for my aunt who lives here. I have talked with my uncle and as far as I can tell, they are pleased with all the staff do here. I have not heard them complain and they are happy with the community. It is
more closer for my uncle and the reason he picked them.

Cost was a major concern

We considered this community when looking for my mother-in-law. The reason we did not chose it is the cost. It is extremely expensive compared to other communities, almost double the cost. They did email to let me know that the price was negotiable but it didn't seem to be feasible for us. They also didn't lock their doors throughout the building and we were looking for something safer.

Minimum of 30 day stay for respite care

Kate Vance

Hello and thank you for reaching out. Do you need to stay longer? I encourage you to connect with our Executive Director to discuss how we can help. She can be reached at [removed].

We liked the facility and we will pursue scheduling a nurses evaluation on my mom. ([Removed])

I took a tour!!

The Atria Park of Tucker was a very nice place. It was clean and everyone was friendly, I did not notice anything major during my tour. The tour guide was friendly and prepared for us when we got there.

All alone!

I went here and I immediately felt like I was in a institution. The halls were long and empty. m They wanted everyone to be quiet like they didn't want the residents to get away. I just knew this was not going to work out for my loved one.

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community. Did you have an opportunity to dine with us? We offer chef-prepared meals and have a social calendar with over 200 events each month. We welcome you back anytime!

Informative Tour!!

The tour my loved one and I had at this community was wonderful. The staff was informative and gave my mother and I a lot of useful information during our visit. The complex was kept clean and very well maintained with a fresh smell throughout the building.

We are very pleased with Atria Park of Tucker!!!

Dad is still getting settled into this community. He likes the food and is eating better than he has in the past.They are responsive to my dad's needs, as you did. This is a smaller community so it is not as overwhelming. The community is very clean and they offer a different variety of activities. I would recommend this community.

I'am very satisfied with this community and all they have done for us. My mother is doing very well, she seems to have adjusted well to it. The community looks great, they do a very good job of keeping everything nice and neat. The staff is wonderful, they have been very friendly and welcoming. There are many activities for her to choose from, she is trying some new ones. One thing that has been disappointing is the food. I feel it needs to be presented better, as well as better quality food. I'am confident about the type of care she is receiving. I would highly recommend this facility.

A Great Place to LIve!

All the caregivers with whom I have had contact are very friendly and caring.

There are many different types of activities scheduled every day, to appeal to all kinds of interests.

The food is excellently prepared. There is an extremely wide variety of choices for every meal.

The facility is always kept clean, and maintenance needs are met promptly.

Nice place!

So far our experience with Atria Park has been pretty good! It was a big adjustment for our loved one, and it took a while for her to get settled in, but she seems to like it. It's a smaller facility, so the residents get a lot of individual attention, and things seem generally clean and well kept. I've heard a few complaints from her about the food, sometimes it's a little fancier than what she prefers, but they always have a menu of just basic sandwiches and things like that to order from as well.

Katy Miller

Thank you for your review of Atria Park of Tucker. We are committed to making the transition as smooth as possible for our residents and their family, so I’m pleased to know you’re both happy. If you’d like to share additional information about your experience I welcome you to reach out to me directly at [removed].

One of the best

Every one is extremely helpful and cheerful. The food is excellent and all the residents are very friendly. It is more pricy then most but then one pays for service. With time I will know more about their medical care.

Nice looking place, but expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one if money was not an issue.

The staff is wonderful, very caring and attentive to the residents needs.
The food is great!
The facilities are well kept and attractive.

So far it seems to be working out well.

So far it seems to be working out well. They like their unit, and they are pretty pleased with the food. They are good about coming but to empty trash cans and vacuum. The people are pretty nice.

Management is more interested in the bottom line than the best interest of the residents. The Resident Director and GM are very dismissive to family concerns. They will do a hard sell and make lots of promises that they never intend to fulfill. Don't be fooled by the promise of memory care.

Katy Miller

The safety and happiness of our residents is our first priority. I’d like to learn more about your concerns so I can help. Please reach out to me directly at [removed].

Doing well so far!

I think they do a fantastic job at Atria Tucker, my loved one really seems to be doing well here. The facility is well kept and clean, and the staff are all very friendly. They have a lot of activities, and keep him active and entertained!

Home

My sister and I visited many places and Atria was our #1 choice and we have not been disappointed. Our mom is very happy. The food is wonderful and the staff are very caring and kind. Our mom wanted a place that she could have her own place and things. She feels very at home and is enjoying the activities and meeting new friends. We are very grateful to have found a home where our mom is safe and she enjoys living in. We highly recommend Atria

Very nice facility. Top tier among communities I've visited. It is however quite expensive for a strictly personal care home.

Nice place, overall

So far everything has gone very well at Atria Tucker, in terms of the services they provide. It's a nice looking place, and the aide staff are all very friendly and caring. Some of the senior staff seem a bit overworked, but they do an excellent job regardless. They also do a great job with the food, I haven't ever been disappointed. The only issue I've had is a bit of confusion with the billing. I gave them a check, which they cashed, but they also charged my bank account.

Welcoming, needs more engaging activities

It is rather expensive but the number of staff employed and attending to my grandmother makes it easy to understand why.
It kind of seemed like the activities that they have did not engage my grandmother as much as I would have hoped. For instance, one activity was blowing up balloons. Baptist Bible study is great but I would like to see an alternative activity in that time slot for residents who do not wish to participate, my grandmother is Catholic and is not interested in this activity. On the old side, which was assisted living, they had activities but they weren't engaging. It probably is hard to find activities that everyone with different levels of ability could enjoy, but I think they could do more.
I always feel welcome when I go. It would've nice to be invited to dine with my grandmother during visits that line up with meal time. I feel awkward asking but would sometimes like to eat with her.
She just moved over to memory care. Memory care has been a Godsend, my grandmother is not a cheerful person by nature but she has adjusted beautifully. I recommend looking into placing a loved one in the care of Atria Tucker , it is a very safe, warm, and pristine place to call home.

beautifully maintained, but...

beautifully maintained, but lacks personal touch of staff to residents. During tour I felt as if I was buying a car, rather than finding a home atmosphere for a loved one.

AL - $3575/mo - studio, $42...

AL - $3575/mo - studio, $4200/mo Terrace Memory Care - $5725/mo - Studio short notice OK for tour

liked it a lot, large room,...

liked it a lot, large room, nice & clean. Only minus is no tub baths.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you liked our community, and I would like to address your concern about the lack of bathtubs. Due to the safety issues often associated with bathtubs, each one of our apartments is equipped with a private shower with a low profile entrance just tall enough to keep water from spilling onto the floor. Our residents find that the showers are much easier to navigate than tubs, and the bath chairs and handrails only add to the security. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

The place seemed small, old...

The place seemed small, old, rooms seemed a good size, dining area small . did not provide rides to Drs except wednesdays , location off a busy road lawrencevillle hwy

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to provide a quaint community where our residents and staff have the opportunity to get to know each other and where individualized attention is promoted. Like many other assisted living communities in our area, we try to schedule transportation to physician appointments on the same day to ensure that our vehicle is available for the many activities we offer throughout the week. We are always happy to help residents schedule alternate transportation when needed. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] or [removed] (be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Arbor Terrace at Tucker - wonderful

I recently moved my mother from a nursing home that was absolutely horrible to Arbor Terrace of Tucker. She was suffering from End Stage Parkinson's Disease and required a great deal of assistance, but they accepted her anyway. When she arrived the staff at Arbor Terrace gave her a complete medical check, reviewed her medications, made the necessary adjustments and immediately began to treat my mother, and the rest of my family, with the utmost respect, kindness, care, and professionalism.
We never received the 'that's not my job and so its not my problem' attitude so prevalent in other facilities, from anyone at Arbor Terrace. If a request or question was not something the staff member could help us with he or she would direct us to the proper person and make sure we connected.
A member of our family visited every day and Mother was always bathed, dressed in clean clothing, and very well tended to. We were constantly asked if there was anything we, as visiting family, or mother, as patient/resident, needed.
Arbor Terrace deserves the highest possible rating. They were wonderful to my mother and our family.
The building and grounds are beautiful and well kept, the food is good, healthy, and varied. The staff is kind and caring and never ever acted annoyed by any request. Though my mother did not participate, there were activities, games, exercise, and various things to entertain and engage all the 'guests'
I cannot speak highly enough other Hospice service; Wonderful, kind, gentle people. Marcy Franco is a saint.
While placing my mother in assisted living and her death shortly thereafter, are not pleasant things, Arbor Terrace gave my mother a beautiful of life experience and I thank Goodness I found them.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Had a nice tour. Place looks good and...

Had a nice tour. Place looks good and will keep it in mind as we move forward.

With a beautiful setting beneath the Georgia pines, Atria Park of Tucker is the preferred supportive living community for older adults in DeKalb and Gwinnett counties. We are convenient to downtown Tucker, Main Street, Lucky Shoals Park and Stone Mountain.

Our compassionate staff provides discreet supportive living services 24 hours a day. We also offer Life Guidance® memory care for those living with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. In addition to attentive care, our residents enjoy chef-prepared meals every day, access to scheduled transportation for appointments and errands - and a social calendar filled with more than 200 engaging events each month.

Whether chatting with friends during happy hour or joining neighbors for a group outing to a Gwinnett Braves game, the people who call us home share daily opportunities to enjoy a connected, well-rounded lifestyle. Visit today and see why so many seniors and their families choose Atria Park of Tucker.