Brookside Stone Mountain - Stone Mountain, GA

The facility was well maintained and the staff friendly. They currently do not have an opening in Memory Care.

Front door being unlocked - easy in easy out during regular business hours

Better ratio of staff to residents

Our loved one seems to be settling into Brookside Stone Mountain. The facility is an older establishment that could use some updating and refreshing. But they are taking good care of his needs. The staff is friendly and caring. We moved him to this facility for better care and more attentive staff members Also there isn't as many residents in the memory care section here, only about 12. There were about 60 in the previous facility he was at. There is a better staff to resident ratio here. The staff members are pretty easy to talk to about any questions or concerns regarding our loved one's well-being. It seems like he is enjoying his meals. It is in a convenient location where we come and take him out a few times a week. It fit our budget needs.

Friendly Staff!!

It has been a while since I had taken a tour of this community but from what I can remember everything went fine. I remember the staff where friendly and seemed involved with the residents and I was pleased to see that. The floor plan was open and they made sure to keep the property nice and clean. It was just not the right timing for my mother to move.

Nice place. Slightly over budget and it was a shared room and was small. Loved the chef. He gave us a very good pie!!!

Im glad we found this Gem!

After looking all over the place for substantial senior living for my mom, i was severely disappointed by most places in that they offered low monthly Apartment rates but the Level of care rates skyrocketed. Also they were being run by tyrants that wouldn't budge on Pricing or room type selection. Once i came to tour and eventually place my mom at this location, i found that she flourished and i could not beat the pricing structure. The new management was so knowledgeable about the community and in being attentive to our needs.
Price, Location, Staff, Appearance, and activities were all 5 star in my slightly slanted opinion ( My mom lived there!)
If you can go check this place out, Just call and check it out!

Not the right place!

I was not impressed with this community at all. The halls were small and dark and the community was dark as well. The residents were not really doing much in the community. This was just not a good fit for dad.

[Removed] did not have me scheduled for a visit, a couple of times I tried to call the main number [removed] no one answered the phone. First impression the entrance smelled and was deserted no one at the front desk to welcome visitors. We will not use this facility.([Removed])

Adjusting very well!!

My mother is doing very well since her move into the Brookside. The place is very clean and all of the staff and caregivers are very friendly. Mother has joined the exercise program and bingo. She tells me that the meals are very good. She always gets enough food and some. My mother is happy to be there and I'm happy she is doing well.

Brookside has been newly renovated. Our contact was very informative during the tour. The facility was nice, clean, and the resident seemed very involved in activities, lunch etc. This is a nice place to consider.

Very nice people!

The Brookside Stone Mountain was an older building. The staff was all very friendly and welcoming. I went there about 3 times and talked to the people in the kitchen and front desk. The thing I didn't like was that there were not a lot of men there, and I wanted my father to have other males to be able to interact with and make friends.

Mom is not longer living here!

Mom was in the memory care unit of this community. They have been making some renovations, however they could have done a better job of cleaning up after them. There was one caregiver there that seemed qualified to care for memory care residents. The rest of the staff did not seem to take the time to care for the residents. Mom did not receive her medication during the first day she was there. She ended up in the hospital due to dehydration and she was not receiving her oxygen daily.

Comfortable Living !!

This community has made sure my mom has felt comfortable and safe in her new living environment. The line of communication between the staff and myself could have some improvement, but overall I have little to no complaints about this facility and would recommend it to anyone.

Nice Place!

I thought the layout of the community was good. I had a nice tour the guide was smart and showed me all around the community. Meal plans and activities were discussed while on my tour. I feel that the tour guide gave me all of the necessary information and showed me all around the community to make a decision about it.

Brookdale Stone Mt

I looked at 4 places. Two were changes and two were private owned. I choose Brookdale due to the services and prices. The first places for same process my mom would have to share a room. It would have cost more once they added the services she needed.

I moved my mom across country since Brookdale has facilities all over they came and accessed my mom with the nurse so that moved the move easier.

When I went in it did not smell. The staff was friendly.

Darren not available supposedly on an emergency trip. No communication among workers as of what isgoing on. The center needs upgrades would only choose this place if finances do not work out for other places

Nice place, but expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one if money was not an issue.

several incidents at night

Brookdale Stone Mountain is older and due for a remodel. The people are as sweet as can be and friendly. The treat you like family. I just think they are overworked. We have had several incidents at night when dad has called for help. [removed] We had several instances like that. Thankfully dad has gotten stronger and that's not as much of an issue anymore. They are also a little disorganized as far as billing goes.

They need more help.

very kind

I really like the staff at Brookdale Stone Mountain. Everybody there is very kind, helpful, and considerate. They keep the place very clean, making sure it is a warm welcoming atmosphere, and provide excellent care.

Brookdale is a quality and caring home for your aging love one.

The staff of Brookdale of Stone Mountain was great. They treated my mother with love and respect. Unfortunately my mother passed away, her short stay at Brookdale was a positive experience. I highly recommend Brookdale of Stone Mountain for an aging love one.

Horrible Management

This building have really gone down in the past year in a half...Management is just horrible there, Activities is great on the side my family member is on and shes a wonderful person who been there for many years, you have some staff members thats been there for years is wonderful and knowledgeable of there job..this turn over with brookdale I hope is good and they clean house starting with the top management level Im considering moving my family member out because mostly the good staff have left and only about 4 thats been there for longivity..Maintenance is horrible we requested for fixture inside apt and it was terrible We pay to much to not get the quality service that they say when u tour.

Very nice facility. Top tier among communities I've visited. One of the most affordable for it's type. Still comparing and considering it.

nice place

I do kind of wish that they had more activities, but my dad wouldn't take part in them anyway. I also do wish they would check up on mom more often.

My brother sees them more often than I do, and he seems very satisfied with the place and the care mom and dad are getting. It is a very nice place with very friendly staff.

Sliding downhill.

Loved one there and it has gone downhill terribly in last year! Providers are caring but extremely short staffed creating delays in long wait times when there is a need by a resident. Activities are good but cleanliness is issue. Not only is it old with rips in rugs, etc in the rooms but also, rooms are not cleaned well. Dirty behind toilets, doors, cabinets in rooms under sink have dirt/bugs. The level of assistance they provide for the cost is poor. They are not happy to help and prefer residence to do most everything themselves. We were told it was an age in place facility to a certain level but does not seem to be true as they don't like to provided the gradual assistance needed over time. Lastly, food is absolutely terrible!! Several unhealthy meals per week, things cooked where older folks cannot chew them well; they forget who needs things such as cutting up food and must be told daily; oddly sweet things such as french fries; foods are untasty or odd. Typically poor response from administrators although administration has changed hands multiple times. Waited for new owners to make a difference but things have gotten worse. Some of the staff there are very kind but not really as helpful as they could be due to being overwhelmed with residents. On plus side, they do have lots of activities which my loved one enjoys. Looking to move, unfortunately, and a difficult task for an older person to go through.

A great choice.

Stone Mountain Estates is just what we were looking for. The staff is warm, experienced, helpful and responsive to whatever our needs are. They make every effort to be as accommodating as possible. the facility is clean, neat, warm and inviting in addition to being secure.

Great food. Beautiful common areas in this community.

My husband has been here for almost four years. Needless to say, he would rather be home but he is accepting most days. He has never once complained about the food and insists the breakfast here are the best ever! They have opportunities for eating out two or three times a month with transportation furnished and he enjoys the change of scenery but says the food is not as good in the restaurants.

My biggest complaint is the inability of the place to maintain a long term director. There have been numerous changes in management personnel since he has been there.

There is a beautiful courtyard which is well maintained. I would like to see more activities happening in this area as I think the fresh air and sunshine would benefit residents. Used infrequently in the summer months and never in the late fall and winter months.

Stone Mountain Estates

Although my mother has only been living in this facility for three weeks, my family and I are extremely pleased. Her progress has been amazing. The superiority of this personal care home over the nursing home where she went for rehab after her hospitalization cannot be overstated. Most importantly, the staff works with her instead of giving her more drugs. What a shame that Medicaid and other government agencies do not recognize the importance of this kind of intermediate but absolutely necessary care!

Inadequate Care

The initial evaluation was very incomplete and resulted in her being placed in a setting that was not appropriate for the need. She was nowhere near being served properly. They voluntarily moved her to the next level to the memory care area. (Interestingly, they didn't charge more.) The evaluator should have picked up on that so that we would have known what memory care entailed. In assisted living, they gave her a lavaliere to push for assistance. That was demanding on them because they had to physically come and turn the lavaliere off. In memory care, the residents no longer have a lavaliere to call for help. To be in a room and have to holler for help when you have memory problems is not feasible. She was admitted to the hospital three or four times during her stay due to falls. The ratio of adult to care giver was lower in memory care, but certainly not adequate to respond to the needs of the patients. When we moved in, all the right things were said, it was clean, I felt like things were being done well, but we didn't know to ask the key question, "What is the ratio of caregiver to patient?" Had we heard it was going to be 3:36, we would have reconsidered. It was a learning curve, and that is something key. Even when they moved her to the smaller memory care level, it was still a number of people per caregiver. I don't think her admission was malicious, but to not pick up on how much attention she needed made me feel like they just wanted to fill the bed.

Way too expensive

They were way too expensive. They had adequate nursing care, but they would take all of his budgeted income and they break down the levels of care by number, so he would be considered the highest level. There's a base amount and then that's extra so it would have been an additional [removed].

Emeritus Senior Living

Thank you for your message and for allowing us to respond. Our community is competitively priced as it relates to similar communities in the area. Atria, Sunrise and an Isakson Living Community, (all within a 7 mile radius), are significantly more expensive than Stone Mountain Estates. As you know, before levels of care are discussed with prospective residents and their families, an evaluation is completed by the RCD to establish the baseline. Unless a formal evaluation was completed, there is no way to confirm what the appropriate level would be.

The team at Stone Mountain Estates is committed to serving our residents with quality care and excellence. We would love an opportunity to invite you and your loved one back to our community so they can enjoy the Stone Mountain Estates experience first-hand. We hope you will will see that we are the best choice. 

Great Place to have your Family Member Live

I was very impressed with the facilities, very clean and very well arranged. Friendly and caring staff, will to help you in any way to help you make the move in a good experience. Tracy, Assistant Director and Peaches, Staff Nurse is supper, loving people. I would highly recommend Stone Mountain Estates to anyone.

This is our choice, beautif...

This is our choice, beautiful very friendly, made us feel welcomed and at home. The only disappointment is the move in charge of $3,000. We are praying they will come down off that some so we can afford to move Mom there.

not our style; needs remode...

not our style; needs remodeling.

love it but too expensive.

love it but too expensive.

Nice facility, staff. Clean, reasonable.

Nice facility, staff. Clean, reasonable.

1st place I visited, nice facility, s...

1st place I visited, nice facility, smaller- about 40 rooms

Not really a good fit for mom, but ve...

Not really a good fit for mom, but very clean.

Up to $3000 p/mo. studios and 1 bedro...

Up to $3000 p/mo. studios and 1 bedrooms. 240-550 sq/ft. Diverse residents, phone and cable extra. $325 starting fee monthly for additional serices as how much personal care - assessment done prior to move in with all.

Private pay - no medicaid VA assista...

Private pay - no medicaid VA assistance possible nurses on staff

Like this facility very much. Clean ...

Like this facility very much. Clean and everyone seems happy.

One look at Stone Mountain's beautifully landscaped grounds, spacious apartments, elegant décor, and you’ll know this is a great place to call home. The atmosphere is warm, relaxed and embraces the ambiance of down home Southern hospitality. At Stone Mountain Estates, you can lounge by the fire, watch your favorite television program in the TV room, read an intriguing novel in the library or have a root beer float in our wonderful ice cream parlor.

We are minutes away from Atlanta, Emory Eastside Hospital, Stone Mountain Park and an unforgettable shopping experience in the historic Stone Mountain Village. For horse lovers, Georgia International Horse Park is only a trot away. With Stone Mountain Estates’ easy freeway access, everything Stone Mountain and Atlanta has to offer is just around the corner.

From personal care to memory care, at Stone Mountain Estates, you’ll find a comfortable retirement lifestyle that fits your specific personal needs. We offer a Respite Program which provides the caregiver or family an opportunity for a break. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed at Stone Mountain Estates. You truly can have it all!