Sunrise at Five Forks - Lilburn, GA

The costs were above our price range. Facility seemed nice.

Nice, but I Noticed An Oder

I toured Sunrise at Five Forks, but I didn't stay long. The community itself was nice and it seemed like they offered a good number of activities. However When I arrived, I noticed an odor almost immediately, and I didn't feel like I wanted my loved one there.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Afternoon. Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your tour experience at Sunrise. Please do consider emailing Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with your information so that we can connect. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

Sunrise at Five Forks is beautiful. The staff is friendly and loving, and the whole place has a warm, family feel. We look forward to getting our parents situated here very soon.

Wonderful staff and professional dedication

Daddy and Mother are adjusting very well here. This is a new experience for both of them, and it wasn't easy at first. Mother is used to doing everything for Daddy, so asking for help has been difficult. I wanted the best for both of them. It was imperative that they live together after 76 years of marriage. I am extremely happy with the service, cleanliness, and professional dedication of the staff. They want to please in every way and are truly interested in my parents' health and proper care. Because of Dr. [Removed], I would give this place more than 5 stars if I could. I would recommend Sunrise to anyone who needs a senior living facility. I have gotten to know and enjoy the staff.

Review of Sunrise at Five Forks - Lilburn, GA

*An abundance of activities & celebrations.
*Friendly staff
*Tour guide knew all residents by name.

Review of Sunrise at Five Forks - Lilburn, GA

Great! "you can tell" because we live here now.

Review of Sunrise at Five Forks - Lilburn, GA

My son found this place by himself. He had my furniture in when I arrived. It was sunny, bright and my favorite. This was on a wide window ledge.
There is plenty of activities, but it is always quiet & peaceful in the room.

Review of Sunrise at Five Forks - Lilburn, GA

It is good that my wife lives here in this community of caring people.

Great care and comfort

This is a nice community. We liked the staff. The community is very clean and I was happy that other families member liked this community. The menu is outstanding. Activities are very nice and they like to take small trips away from the community. We would recommend the care of this community.

The staff are professionals and it shows. They are top quality.

The caretakers do a difficult job under difficult circumstances.

The food is not Club Med but it is nutritious, that's what counts.

I would highly recommend this community to anyone.

We both have our Fathers in this Sunrise location and have been extremely pleased with the level of care, and genuine concern that the entire staff have show to our loved ones. Sunrise at Five Forks puts lots of senior-oriented activities on a daily basis inside the facility as well as providing multiple weekly trips to various sights, activities, grocery & department stores, etc. The staff could not be anymore helpful to both the residents and their visiting family members and friends. We would highly recommend Sunrise at Five Forks to anyone looking into assisted care for their family or a friend of the family.

Since my Mom moved to Reminiscence at Five Forks. Since the first of April my Mom has been eating solid food, something she hasn't been doing since last December when she was living in Assisted Living. Since her move to Reminiscence she has been more responsive & cooperative. The team in Reminiscence is wonderful, caring, and loving. I cannot express how grateful I am to all of you (Sunrise Reminiscence Team) for the care providied

Looking for a safer, more open community

We toured Sunrise when looking for my mother. The pricing was within the budget we were looking for. The main reason we did not chose this community is the doors were open and if she started to wander they would have to move her to another section of the building.

Great tour!

The Sunrise at Five Forks was a very nice place. It was clean and everyone was friendly, I did not notice anything major during my tour. The tour guide was friendly and prepared for us when we got there.

My Visit To The Community!!

This is a nice beautiful community. The staff were nice, however it was a little more expensive than what we were looking for. I would say maybe you should take a look at this community.

All about family!

From what I have seen everything is going smoothly. They offer lots of activities for the residents. My loved one seems to be very happy here. There is a feeling of energy when you walk in here. You can tell that the people are happy. That is why we chose this community. This is more family oriented.

Nice Tour, But A Bit Expensive

I had a good tour of this community. I toured in this community for my mother and her needs. From what I saw it is a nice and clean community. The staff I came across was kind and friendly. It was a little more expensive for our budget. Overall it was a pleasant tour, I enjoyed it.

Nice tour. They were painting the walls and my husband accidently got some paint on his sleeve and they did nothing to try to offer replacement of shirt.Signs were put up warning of the paint after this happened. They did offer a cloth to wipe it off. Sad to learn they would not offer living conditions after a "paydown".

Did a great job for our family

We've had experience with Sunrise at Five Forks in the past, and I think they did a great job. The staff was always friendly and professional, and they did a great job looking after our loved one. They are definitely worth a look if you're looking into senior care in the Lilburn area!

Nice looking place, not a good match carewise

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. My loved one was a bit beyond the level of care they provide here. It is definitely worth a look for those looking into this level of care however!

This facility was very nice but was a bit far for us to interact with our parents as we would like to do. The bedrooms were also very small for a couple to manage safely.

Toured on Friday, July 31. Had lunch with several of the residents and had a good visit with them. Very impressed with the facility. Still have some questions and will be contacting them again for further information.

Don't believe what they tell you.

My husband's aunt moved into this facility. And it has been nothing but a NIGHTMARE. We were told such wonderful things..and none of them came true. For the amount of money we're paying, I am so shocked. Do NOT believe their words...rely only on what you personally observe. They seem to have no communication between employees.. and I have been lied to more than once by caregivers. I'm supposed to be able to relax and enjoy our aunt now... but I'm worried sick she's not getting the care she needs. I want her out..but the problem is, I don't know of any good alternatives.i have young kids at home I can't care for her. :( IF I COULD DO ONE THING..IT WOULD BE TO NEVER BELIEVE A WORD THE PEOPLE AT SUNRISE IN LILBURN SAY!!!!!

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

More like a resort than assisted living.

My father moved into the memory care floor last month. I am there almost every single day for several hours. I have gotten to know many people that work there on a first name basis, as well as several of the residents. I LOVE this place and told my kids this is where I want to live in 30 years.
They have so many activities and what I call "happy hour" every day that it is more of a resort than an assisted living facility. It is gorgeous and the food always smells delicious. My father, while he doesn't want to live there, does like the food and thinks everyone (except the person in charge of reminding him to bath) is really nice. He loves the resident dog and cat and wishes he could have them for his own. But he does have his own small dog and the other residents love to see him and pet him when my dad will share.

Not a place for my mom

I was drawn in by the beauty of the community at Sunrise. It is well-maintained, and the people are very friendly. We chose a semi-private room because we couldn't afford the more expensive private room (Medicare did NOT cover any of the expense for us). When we arrived with Mom in her wheelchair, we discovered that only the more expensive private room was available. We were assured Mom would be moved to a semi-private room as soon as one because available. This never happened.
Upon move-out four months later, this resulted in a charge for the room of $4000 more than what we had originally requested. I disputed that amount and, though we had paid the total undisputed amount of more than $21,000, we were threatened with a lawsuit if we didn't pay at least $3000 of the disputed balance.
Mom's health declined steadily while at Sunrise. In December she was sent out to a hospice facility, and family came from out of town to say their goodbyes. Many tears. However, in the week she was at the hospice facility, she began reviving, and they discharged her back to Sunrise. We hired a full-time caregiver to help provide some of the care she was obviously not getting.
On New Year's eve, we moved Mom and Dad with the caregiver back to their family home in north Georgia. That was 2 1/2 months ago, and Mom is doing better than she has in months.
It seems like a miracle, but I believe it's just a difference in level of care.
This is not an indictment against Sunrise, all of their workers are so very friendly and loving, but one-on-one care simply can't be beat!
Oh, and I should mention that we now pay much less for better care.

Home sweet home!

Our mom has been there for several months now and I cannot find one single fault with this beautiful community. Many fun activities, excellent staff, wonderful food, beautiful inside and outside, many new friends made by mom and us. The staff is SO amazing, on top of each individual's needs, communicates well with residents' families, knows everyone's name and makes them all feel special and at home. I could not ask for any more. We love it and all the staff (and the residents). 10 stars if they had that many!

Friendly homely atmosphere, good care, good communication

We especially like the friendly, homely atmosphere.

They seem to be on top of things with his care. The staff seem to understand his needs. We interact with staff, and they provide feedback on how he is doing, and answer questions to our satisfaction.

They have alot of activiites there, but he doesn't participate alot.

Genuine and caring staff members

My loved ones haven't been here long yet, but so far we're pleased with how things have gone! The staff here all very nice and very accommodating, and obviously really genuinely care about making sure their residents get the best care they can deliver. They make very detailed care plans for each resident. Our one issue has been that sometimes there can be a breakdown in communication between staff members, where some staff members are not informed about specifics of the care plan, or simply just didn't follow it.

Very friendly and welcoming community

Our experience with Sunrise at Five Forks has been wonderful, I'd give them top marks across the board. It has a real warm family atmosphere. Everyone here, both the residents and the staff, were very welcoming and friendly, to our loved one and to our whole family. You really get the feel that there is a tight knit community here.

Very nice assisted living care

This was a community we looked into when looking into options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking facility, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. We eventually decided that Mom was not in need of assisted living care at this point, but if she was this would probably be the facility we choose for her.

Nothing is perfect but they are quite good.

Nothing is perfect but they are quite good. Lots of things going on. The food is a four. Their billing system needs to be improved I think. The billing is not itemized, so it can be confusing. They have given us bills without the previous payments subtracted, so it takes a while for the paperwork to catch up. The atmosphere and the location were reasons we chose them. The expenses were less than having 24 hour homecare. There is more stimulation and people to check on them. People come and invite them to activities. The executive director Erin has been very patient and always takes the time to reasure my dad. It's important to her that everybody is comfortable. She takes care of everything. The food is good they have a pretty good variety they can choose from a standard menu of maybe five things. We can eat with them if we just let them know a little ahead of time.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We would like to look into the billing issues you have been having. As we'd like to learn more, please email us at information at sunriseseniorliving dot com to share more. Thank you -Sunrise Team

Extremely pleased

This place has done a great job so far. My loved one has made a lot of improvement since she moved in here, she's put on weight and is gaining strength. The staff here are very caring and friendly, they seem to treat all of the residents like family. I like that they keep a close eye on everyone, and will unobtrusively bring residents food or medication they may have forgotten. We're very pleased with this place, and would definitely recommend it.

Friendly, respectful, kind ...

Friendly, respectful, kind staff here knew residents by name and residents were involved in various tasks (chosen by themselves) to be useful and occupied. Lovely decor and warm, inviting atmosphere.I was treated as a potential family member, not a repository of funds.

Nice and clean Close to hou...

Nice and clean Close to house. Has tub for baths.

Excellent facility. Good si...

Excellent facility. Good size one bedrooms. Good activities. Friendly staff and residents. Excellent common areas, conducive to chatting and social interaction. Victorian three story.

Frustrated by accounting department

I chose Sunrise at Five Forks for my loved one because they have a Memory Care services in addition to offering Assisted Living. When I visited I saw that they could handle patients in the between stages of assisted living and needing memory care services. I thought the transition would be easiest if my loved one ended up needing memory care. Other homes I visited were very low functioning for memory care services. I have had a problem with their billing system, and have been frustrated with the lack of communication from the accounting department. I received a very confusing bill and when they did not follow through with their end of the payment collection no one called to tell me there was any issue with what we had set up. It doesn't feel good to receive an extremely large and confusing bill in the mail. I've found it hard to get someone to return my calls and those I do talk with say they willl follow up but haven't. The bill I received invoices for July, however, it was explained before moving in that my loved ones needs would be assessed every month so we wouldn't be paying for unnecessary services. I am not happy about the whole matter and hope that this will get resolved soon by their accounting department.

Sunrise at Five Forks, a Sunrise Senior Living Community is located in Lilburn, GA close to shopping, physician offices, churches, and major hospitals.

At Sunrise, we welcome seniors into a warm, inviting community. We offer a choice of accommodations, from Companion to Two-Bedroom Suites. Each day, we plan a variety of activities within and outside of the community to bring residents together in a festive, encouraging setting. Best of all, we understand that everyone ages differently and we translate that understanding into a plan of care and assistance that meets each resident’s individual needs.