Atria Southpoint Walk - Durham, NC

Our tour

This is a nice looking community. The people we met were friendly. This community offers transportation and has some nice activities. We were looking for an independent only community.

This community was a little bigger than others we had looked at and I didn't think it would be a good fit for my parents. The location was further from my house than I had liked I wanted some place where I go visit frequently. Initially, I was a little taken back how the salesperson answered the phone it wasn't the most professional but when I called her to say that we decided on another community again she handled the phone conversation very dry and unprofessional in my opinion.

Things are good

The staff are helpful and encouraging. We like the formal check in policy. If mom does not press a button by a certain time every day they will check on her. They do offer daily activities and mom has just started to participate in a few of them. The community is well taken care of. The food looks good and they seem to have a variety of choices. I would recommend this community.

My parents care

This is a great community. The staff was excellent. My parents did enjoy the activities with the other residents. The community is very clean and the staff is wonderful. I was happy to see them living close to me in a nice area. I would recommend the care and value to other families for care for a loved one.

The facility was open and bright. The community, staff and residents, were very warm and welcoming. Our family was very impressed and would highly recommend this community.

A good place for my mother.

by the excellent staff members. She is pleased with the grounds and how her room is taken care of. Good food that she seems to enjoy. There are good activities to help her stay busy when she likes to participate. We would recommend this for others that want good care for a loved one.

It has been wonderful.

It has been wonderful. I have no negative comments whatsoever. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The other residents have been pretty friendly. It's newer and in a great location. It's light and bright, you don't feel like you are walking into an old folks home. There is a vibrancy when you walk in. My loved ones are very intellectual and they offer some very intellectual activities, which is nice. Even though my loved ones are independent there is an assisted area, so if the need arises, they won't have to move again. They have some separate units that offer more independence and privacy if that works better. We also really liked that they have their own washer and dryer in unit, which was huge.

A Place For Mom and Atria Southpoint Walk

"A Place For Mom" was amazing! I located them on an Internet search while investigating retirement communities for my in-laws. We had visited several communities already, and were overwhelmed by the choices as well as confused by the different types (independent, assisted living, etc.). I was contacted within moments of registering and connected with a representative in our area. She was very professional and knowledgeable of the offerings in Raleigh/Durham. She assessed our needs, and in our initial call referred us to several communities. She believed that Atria Southpoint Walk would be the best fit, and after visiting my in-laws wanted to look no further. They have been living there for 6-weeks now, and are thriving. They enjoy the gym and the food, but most of all the people! They have made new friends, and the staff is fabulous.

Atria at Southpoint Durham.

My mother has been at Atria for two months. The adjustment seems to be going well and overall I think the move has been a positive experience. Her apt is light, bright and perfect for her.

She is not as pleased with the food as we had hoped she would be. One of the chefs spoke to some of the residents and suggested the Atria chain could select a better food supplier which he felt would improve the meals offered.

Staff has been wonderful and hard working. There are a variety of programs and activities offered. The maintenance staff solves issues in a timely fashion. Residents and staff are very friendly and concerned. The PT and OT staff have helped her and she has been been pleased with their concern for her.

We would recommend this facility to others and, in fact, we already have.

Very nice place

Our experience with Atria Southpoint Walk has been a good one, so far! Although the facility is a few years old at this point they do a very good job keeping it looking clean and new, and the people here have all been very friendly. So far we haven't seen a single thing to complain about, even the food is good!

The staff is very competent.

The staff is very competent. They are very friendly. The food is very good. On the assisted living side there is a nice sun porch. They have games, crafts, and movies. There are devotions and exercise every day. On the independent living side they go places like museums.

Non-refundable fee of $5000...

Non-refundable fee of $5000 in addition to the rates pretty much puts it out-of-reach at this time.

Atria Southpoint Walk encourages active older adults to spend their time as they wish, knowing everything from housekeeping to cooking and even transportation is handled for them. Our convenient location a short distance from shopping, restaurants, universities and parks, combined with a robust monthly calendar of events and social opportunities, creates the perfect atmosphere for an engaging, fulfilling lifestyle. We encourage residents to take full advantage of everything our community offers, whether taking in a show at the Durham Performing Arts Center, cheering on the Bulls baseball team or stopping to smell the roses in our lovely courtyard. From our on-site woodworking shop, fitness center, salon and library to yoga classes and group outings, residents can design their days to suit their interests. Our experienced and trained staff is available 24 hours a day to ensure your comfort and safety and provide discreet assistance, as needed. Spacious apartments, inviting common areas, and delicious chef-prepared dining round out the features of Atria Southpoint Walk, combining to create an exceptional senior living experience.