Chatham Ridge Assisted Living - Chapel Hill, NC

Inadequate Care

I moved my wife who had Alzheimer's disease to Chatham Ridge on [date removed]. In less than 48 hours she fell and broke her right hip. In addition to not providing my wife with any attention, they were giving her incorrect medication. I called that to the attention of their staff; however, I was ignored. One would hope that the staff would pay attention to new arrivals. That was not the case for my wife. My wife died on [date removed] as a result of the broken hip and the Alheimer's disease. If you want your loved one to receive inadequate care, place them at Chatham Ridge.

The interim director is wonderful

The staff were great about welcoming dad by name and helping to integrate him into some activities. They are not able to have bed rails on the beds. The coordinator has been extremely helpful. When you walk into the community it feels very welcoming. This is a beautiful smaller community. They are very accommodating and dad seems to like the food. This community will accept medicaid after a year of private pay. This community is affordable and I would recommend taking a look at it.

I toured!!

When I was searching for a home for my mother, I toured Chatham Ridge Assisted Living. It was a nice place and the tour guide that took me around was friendly and informative. It was a good facility, but I found another place that I liked better for my mother.

Outstanding Care

I am happy now that we found a great community for my parents. The food is outstanding. The staff gives a lot of great attention.We are happy with the straight fee each month. They are offered a lot of activities for good. My mom likes the away from the community for small trips. They always help her when she is wanting to get out and walk. We would highly recommend this community to other families.

Wonderful place!

The staff at Chatham Ridge Assisted Living have been very friendly and helpful. They do a great job caring for our loved one. The community is welcoming and very well kept throughout. Our loved one is doing well at Chatham Ridge!

A New Facility

The care very much great here. The staff are more than helpful and communicate. He likes the meals and is always looking forward to meal time. They have activities available but my dad goes to an adult day facility a few times a week instead. It is a very new and very clean community, that was important to us.

Still Adjusting

My aunt is doing well as can be expected, she is still adjusting to the community. This is a nice facility with kind people. Wherever my aunt is at she will never be happy, but I'am satisfied. They are trying their best to care for her. The staff at can be responsive and kind. They are treating her very well.

Having Mom at Chatham Ridge has been a really good experience. The staff are all very nice and friendly and very attentive to Mom's needs. The place is still on the newer side and very clean. Mom has made friends and enjoys doing the daily crafts and walking with the on site walking club. I am very happy with the decision!

Everything Is Great !

Our experience with Chatham Ridge has been a very good one. We are very pleased with everything the community has done to help with her needs and settling her into the community. The staff has been great and very polite and friendly to my mother. She loves them! Everything is going very well at this community. The food is good, they have a wide variety of food for her to select from. They offer a lot of activities for the residents to participate in and that is nice to see.

Pleased and Positive

The staff is professional, friendly and courteous. They assisted making my mother 's transition as smooth as possible. The move was quick, hence difficult at first, but the entire staff did everything possible to acclimate her to new surroundings. The staff has been very accommodating and positive in all my interactions with them.

Placing a parent in assisted living

The most difficult decision an adult child will make is to place a parent in the care of others. The parent may resist & fight you all the way, but the important factor is to know they are safe & well taken care of. Chatham Ridge has made this transition for all of us much easier. Management was extremely helpful, the staff is amazing, the facility is immaculate...I now know that mom is safe, getting her meds & is in an environment of caring. I can easily rest at night knowing we made the right decision.. Thank you Chatham Ridge..