Sunrise Senior Living - Sandy, UT

We loved Sunrise

My mother stayed in Sunrise for 9 months when recovering from a stroke. The care and help she was given was phenomenal. Although she would have rather been in her own home, this was the next best place. We were able to come and have breakfast, lunch, or dinner with her, and the food was top notch. She was able to walk the grounds and also visit Walgreens nearby and ShopKo with one of the workers by her side. She was taken to various places to eat outside of Sunrise with employees assisting her. They also had many activities for families to become involved in and enjoy with their loved ones who were living at Sunrise. What a beautiful environment they have created for those living at Sunrise. I highly recommend Sunrise in Sandy, Utah without any reservations.

Mom is Happy here

The atmosphere here is very comfortable. They are well staffed and really friendly. They are treated with respect. They offer great daily activities that mom enjoys. Everything is geared towards memory care like the bright colors the pictures on the walls have texture on them. The food is really nice and good. They provide snacks in between meals. It has a nice garden area. It is always clean and they wash all the residents clothes separately. I feel like my mom is very safe here. I would recommend this community.

Second Choice

I toured this wonderful nice and clean community. Unfortunately, they had no openings in Sandy. They were very nice and answered all of my questions. The common area was welcoming but had no very large separate activity room, workout room or game room for families. The food presentation was amazing here. If we are ever unhappy and need to move my parents from Carrington Court, this is where we would go. NOTE: Meals for families and all laundry services were EXTRA costs here but NOT at Carrington Court.

The comprehensive training of the staff in dementia care is evident in the way EVERYONE treats the residents. Individual plans for people so they don't get shoe horned into an institutional schedule. Excellent on-line tools and caregiver support.

Too high class

When I first walked in, I could tell that it seemed very high class. All of the staff gave off this vibe that they were better than you because you didn’t come from that neighborhood. I could tell that my Grandma didn’t like it at all. It just wasn’t for her. All of the women residents we saw, they were all dressed up and had their best jewelry on. It really didn’t have a homey feel at all. The staff member who gave us the tour was nice and answered all of our questions. The one thing I liked is they did have a snack bar always open in case people are to get hungry between meals. For activities, they didn’t really offer too much besides trips to the malls, games, and movie night. One thing that was a downfall is they don’t have a library. All they had were a few books on a shelf. This facility just didn’t fit what we needed.

Just Not the right place

I toured this community and nothing was wrong with it just a bit more expensive, but smaller. It was clean and staff was friendly but seemed to have a lot of clicks of the people that have been there a while and not accepting of new residents. I also didn't like the way the rooms were set up. We just went with another community.

A good tour for care

I toured this community for the care for my parents. We liked that staff who were willing to help and they did answer the questions.We liked the environment and would suggest that other families tour this community for the care for a loved one.

Liked This Community

When we toured this community we liked it very much. I felt that the staff has a could handle on the care they provide. They seemed very nice and very knowledgable. The community was very clean and well cared for. The only thing that was a setback was the location of the community it wasn't in the area that we were exactly looking for.

Beautiful

Sunrise of Sandy was a nice and clean and older community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. We chose another community for our current needs. It is a beautiful community it just wasn't the right fit.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care. The staff was friendly and very helpful to assist us. The community was clean and we liked the list of activities. We did not see what was offered for the meals for the residents. We would suggest other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A good environment for care .

The care at this community. The staff is very helpful. I like that they keep me informed on her progress and setbacks, The community is very clean and we like the atmosphere that is given here. The menu could use some small improvement.s They have a nice list of activities that we are happy to know that she is participating. We would recommend this community for the care and good value to other families. for a care of a loved one.

Loved her as family

My mother stayed here and the caregivers were her very best friends. And when she passed they helped us even after she was passed and sent us roses and treated us like family. With the amazing concierge all the way to the beautiful housekeeping and cleaning, everyone you talk to feels like family. Caregivers put their hearts into this job and treat these residents like family. Can not say thanks enough for them making the remaining years of my mothers life so beautiful and filled with love.

A Meeting At The Community!!

This community is on a busy street and that would not work for us. This is a nice community and the people we met during our tour were nice. They allow pets and have daily activities.

Nice Community, My Tour Went Well

I had a pretty pleasant tour of this community. It was a nice tour, everybody was kind. The community looked great, and nice and clean. The staff was helpful and very friendly. Everything went very well, but this wasn't the place for me.

My Visit Here

This community was clean and nice looking when visiting. The staff seemed compassionate workers. The community seemed to be of high quality care. I was impressed with place and I was given a good tour and it seemed like a good fit but we did not get a feeling of home.

Great Care

This is a outstanding. the staff . The food seems to be good and a variety. The community is clean and well taken care of always. The activities offered have been outstanding. I would recommend this community for other families for great care.

Excellent staff; spotless and well-maintained facility

My father-in-law recently transitioned from an independent senior living community to assisted living at Sunrise, due to advancement of his dementia symptoms. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and the facility in general. They are genuinely caring...as [Removed], a Lead Care Manager, said to me when I was talking to her upon move-in, "This is their home and we (the staff) are guests." It really shows in the compassionate way that they interact with the residents, no matter what the situation. I am so grateful for this facility overall, but especially for the great staff. Oh, and by the way, the food is great!

My parents had a good stay at this community!!!!

My parents liked living at Sunrise. The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. They did enjoy a little of the activities offered. The community is well maintained and I would recommend it. The food is average according to my parents.

cannot say enough good about them.

I am very pleased with Sunrise of Sandy. The staff is very personable. They have gotten all their paper work done to build their insurance. They have made my father-in-law feel welcomed and important. They have a very clean and pleasant atmosphere here. I would not hesitate to recommend this facility. I cannot say enough good about them.

Excellent care

They do a good job!

Extremely Happy

My experience has been amazing because of Sunrise. I do not have to worry about my parents, I know they are well cared for. They are good about calling me with any changes, or if anything happens. They always keep me in the loop. The caregivers are loving, caring, and amazing. My parents love being there. Overall, it has been the best thing I could have done for them. The place is nice, it is clean and comfortable. They are fed well. I am extremely happy.

Everything is better at Sunrise!

We are just thrilled for Mom. Moved her there a month ago from another home and everything is tall cotton as they say in the south. She is busy, and in a beautiful environment with everyday opportunities to enjoy the mountain view and outside in the beautiful gardens. She is so well taken care of by a loving staff. It is more but she is worth it. I would recommend this home to anyone and plan and hope if we need it we will go there. That is saying a lot! Please give my name so I get credit! Everything is better at Sunrise! Kassie

great place

My mother had a weeks respit stay there and then had to go to the hospital, so she is not a resident there yet but will be soon. The staff has been incredibly helpful, very friendly and understanding. They have even expressed an interest in wanting to go visit mom while she is in the hospital to check on her and get to know her, even before she is a resident there. They do a great job communicating with me, both to keep me informed and to see if I have any questions. Sunrise of Sandy really is a great place.

The nicest place in salt lake

The Sunrise of Sandy community is the nicest place in salt lake for seniors that need assistance. Everyone here is very friendly. The staff is very helpful. They do an excellent job at taking care of the residents.

Great Loving Care

Five stars are not enough to express my feelings about Sunrise of Sandy. My loved one was in the memory unit for over five years. I was impressed with the quality of care and the feeling of family there. Staff always showed respect and love towards residents, even those that became behavioral challenges. Not only did the residents express love and appreciation towards staff, the care providers demonstrated love back with hugs, pats, jokes, and general interest. When my loved one finally passed from her dementia, I knew she would be missed there at Sunrise.

Seemed like a nice place

We visited this community while looking into care options for our loved ones. Sunrise of Sandy seemed like a nice place, overall! The staff were friendly, and the facility looked well kept and clean. They are worth a look if you're looking into care in the area.

Review of Sunrise of Sandy Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sandy, UT

Fancy decor but still reasonably comfortable. Primarily regular senior care with relatively small memory care unit. House dog and cat. Second best for walking areas but way behind Silverado. Good activities and nice staff. Monthly wellness visit from nurse practitioner. Nurses leave at 6 pm but on call. $4530 - 5190 depending on level of care and goes up more with higher levels of care in the future. Admin fee $1500. Probably best alternative if can't afford silverado.

It's really clean and odor free and impressive.

It's really clean and odor free and impressive. The staff is really, very nice. They will call me if there are any issues or concerns, the communication is good. Once a month we meet with the care coordinator, and assess her care, make sure everything is working, is there something she needs she isn't getting, or something she is getting that she doesn't need. One of the reason we like them is the activities, and they will go on drives, and doing exercises and entertainment. We haven't had any complaints about the food, I've eaten too and it was pretty good. The people who live there seem to enjoy themselves and do very well.

Overpriced

We toured this facility a few months ago and we felt it was overpriced for what they offer. We saw some other places that offered more for less.

Loved the way the staff int...

Loved the way the staff interacted with the residents, but more important to me was how the residents appeared to love their care givers. Clean facility with large studios for the residents. Visited twice at different times of day and had the same types of experiences.

Small Facility

They were nicer and newer, a little more expensive. Probably the main reason that I didn't go with them was that they are a much smaller facility and I kind of had the feeling that my mother would do better in larger group of people with more staff to call on.

Good memory unit

I'ts very clean, the staff is friendly, they're fine with me.
The had a really, really good memory unit and they have a big garden because she likes to walk and it's completely enclosed.

Absolutely fabulous. Very nice looki...

Absolutely fabulous. Very nice looking. Very clean. Staff and Residents got a long wonderfully and were joking. Food was very good. Grandma likes it a lot and would consider it a possibility in a year or two.

Loved it. Think it is definitely an ...

Loved it. Think it is definitely an option to consider.

A beautiful facility, warm and inviting.

A beautiful facility, warm and inviting.

Community & Location Highlights:

•Offering assisted living, memory care and short-term stays
•Near Alta View Hospital and Alta View Senior Clinic
•Close to Sandy Senior Center, the Quarry Shopping Center, South Towne Mall, Jordan Commons movie theater, La Caille, Sandy Amphitheater and Rio Tinto Stadium
•Regularly scheduled resident outings with our “Out to Lunch Bunch,” “Gents Day Out,” “Out to the Movies,” and “Scenic Drives” groups
• Residents frequent local theatrical plays, sporting events and museums
•Our dining services coordinator was classically trained at The Cordon Bleu
•Robust activities calendar to enrich the mind, body and spirit

Here at Sunrise of Sandy, an assisted living community in Sandy, Utah, we know our residents and their family members on a personal level. We build those strong relationships, maintain open paths of communication and create the trust and confidence needed to enhance our residents’ quality of life. Our residents enjoy living in our community because as part of the Sunrise family, they know that our staff truly cares about their happiness and wellbeing. In fact, every month one of our team members is bestowed the “Joy in Service” award. This award is given to a team member who goes above and beyond the call of duty to help a resident or another team member. It is just one example of our commitment to our community and excellence in senior care.

Community outings include trips to Quarry Shopping Center, South Towne Mall and the Jordan Commons movie theater, which are enjoyed by all. Stop by today and see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of Sandy home!