Atria Del Rey - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Atria Del Rey is a welcoming assisted living community in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. Featuring views of Mt. Baldy and Red Hill Park, Atria Del Rey offers easy access to nearby freeways, restaurants and downtown Rancho Cucamonga.

Residents of our pet-friendly community enjoy more than 200 opportunities for learning, creativity and spirituality every month. Our caring, tenured staff provide discreet assisted living services whenever needed, while our Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood supports those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia

License #366400985

Great Care givers

I have used this agency and their care givers for a long time and on several different occasions. They are reliable, caring, courteous and interact with my mom so well. They make sure her needs are met and I know my mom is in good hands with them. I would definitely recommend this agency and their caregivers.

Every thing is going fine!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my father since he made the move into this community, The staff have been very helpful to his needs and I am comfortable with the care he has been receiving. I like the open floor plan and think they have a lot of great amenities for the residents. He has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities. Overall it has been a great place and we are happy.

This is an amazing place

This is an amazing community the staff is so compassionate and caring, and my mother's care has been wonderful. My mom has been going through a lot she just lost my dad so she has not been eating properly but the staff is working with her, they are encouraging her and she is starting to show some good changes. My mom has started to make friends, she likes the setting here and I am so comfortable with the care she is getting here. I would give them a 5+ star rating in the care they give all their residents.

Great support groups!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and although she has a little trouble adjusting we are very pleased with how things are going for her. The staff is absolutely amazing and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing my mom. My dad calls at least two times to check on her throughout the day and they never seemed annoyed or impatient with his questions. They handle all situations in a professional manner and make sure to keep in good communication with the family. I really appreciate the support groups they hold at this facility for the families. It has been a big help to us.

Close to home

We toured this community for care. We like the staff who were caring at the time. The community is very nice but like a hotel. The menu is appealing. They do have activities that are offered. We would recommend this community to other families. We wanted a location closer to my home.

My community home

I like this community. The staff is nice and caring. The community is clean and maintained. I would like if the meals could be accommodated for special needs, they need to assist the residents on what they are not able to have in there meals due to health issues. They always offer nice activates for the residents. I would recommend others to this community for the good environment value and a good place to live.

Very well organized. Staff very friendly and well informed. The rooms and common areas were spacious and well lit. The calendar and menus are displayed and seem to offer a wide variety of choices.

Very well organized. Staff very friendly and well informed. The rooms and common areas were spacious and well lit. The calendar and menus are displayed and seem to offere a wide variety of choices.

Moving in

I loved the people I have met there. I am moving my mom in this week. The Director- Sam, is a RN as well as having a lot of experience in running retirement communities. They have a program in this community for a Medicare option (Care More) that provides a nurse Practitioner that visits two times a week, and provides medical services at Atria Del Rey, including some medical tests.
I talked to some of the people living there and eating in the restaurant and they all said how good the food was.
But the main selling point for me was the people that work here. They all wear name tags with how long they have been working at this community. They seem to have a very low turnover of personnel.

So far so good!

So far so good. Just moved my mom in; very smooth and efficient. Toured six places and chose this one for the staff as well as amenities, ambiance and pet friendliness. Met some residents and resident's families and they all spoke well of the community. My mom is in the Assisted Living section. She will eventually need Memory Care and I was impressed when I looked at that building here. If you are considering Assisted Living, call and speak with Michael Carrillo and explain your needs and desires. He will work with you. P.S. they have excellent coffee.

My mother is staying here, she does experience depression due to the changes in her life, and from basic mental deterioration. The head nurse is very helpful working with me to balance out mom's moods.
The staff is friendly, I feel there needs to be a higher caregiver/resident ration as she also needs extra self care help.
The food is very good from the menu. The 'daily meals' are adequate, if veggie consumption is priority, one needs to be mindful, as they tend to slack in that area with the pre-selected choices for the 'daily meal'.
If your loved one is mostly self sufficient, this is a good place. The crafts are ok, keeps them busy

Katy Miller

Thank you for sharing your review. We're honored that you and your mother have chosen Atria Del Rey. I've passed along your comments to our Care and Culinary leadership teams. If you'd like to continue this conversation with me, please feel free to reach me directly at [removed].

Great Staff

The staff are really great. They are very interactive with the residents, that part I really like. However, some of the things we were told when we were investigating the place didn't seem to pan out as they said it would.

Katy Miller

Thanks for choosing to be a part of the Atria family. We’d like to learn more about your experience and how we can serve you better. Please reach out to us at [removed].

It has only been a few weeks.

My sister is at Atria and so far she seems to be doing fine there. It has only been a few weeks, but so far Atria seems to be a good fit for her.

pretty happy

We are pretty happy with Atria Del Rey. It is everything we hoped for. Dad is fitting in quite well there. There is nothing I can think of for them to improve on. We are just thrilled about this facility.

Atria del Rey is an amazing community that is completely centered on giving seniors a place to live and enjoy life. The staff is caring and always positive in there interactions. I feel like it's resort living with a built in support system. Thank you Atria for treating my mom in law with respect, dignity and care.

A Couple Issues

We had a problem with the pills and that is why my loved ones are no longer there. They kept waking them up at six in the morning to take their pills when they don't take them till nine. There was a problem when the pills ran out and the staff said it was there responsibility to get them, but we already pay them for that.

Kate Vance

We’re sorry to learn that your loved one is no longer in our community. If you are comfortable sharing more, please contact us at [removed].

Excellent Facility

They are excellent at making their guests feel comfortable and appreciated. The staff is very personable. They have exceeded everything we were expecting from them and we are just very pleased with them.

Very Friendly

They have been very friendly to my mother and she is adapting well and she is developing friends there. I think the only problem may just be that they do not have enough on-site church services for my mother.

Working well so far

I think they do a very good job overall at Atria Del Rey. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. I'd recommend them to anyone looking into senior care in the area.

Would Recommend

My perspective its fine, my dad's has said the food isn't right but it could just be he is still adjusting. The staff is friendly and seems to be in order.

They are amazing. I am very pleased with what they do here.

They are amazing. I am very pleased with what they do here. My dad is finally maintaining his weight. Thank goodness there are caring loving people here. They don't know when I'm coming and whenever I show up he is up dressed and bathed with a clean room. If I bring anything up they immediately address it, they don't make excuses, or pass blame. They have the restaurant kind of thing upstairs, but the people downstairs still get very quality food, if they serve something he doesn't really like something, they will order up what he does like. I haven't met one person there that I have had an issue with, not one. Other places had restrictions on visiting hours, or no overnights things like that, and here they had no problems with that, whatever helped get dad settled and comfortable. I can't say enough good things about Atria.

They seem to be doing a great job.

They seem to be doing a great job. She is very happy there. The only concern I had is that she didn't like what was being served for a particular meal, and she needed to be reminded to order something else, now they know and remind her that she can have something else. The food itself seems to be good. They are really attentive to her needs. We are happy with them.

A good fit

We cared for my dad and step mom for 2 years, so I know the level of care required for them is extreme. Atria Del Rey has done admirably well in meeting the challenge. Both of my parents have moderate to severe dementia, that is the reason for having to place them in a memory care unit.

It has been over a year since I was able to be with them there because I am from Northern California, so I can only say the staff on duty at that time were amazing, very dedicated and professional. My only complaints are management turnover, and the initial learning curve for understanding the needs of my folks. We tried to help make that transition easier for the staff but in the end they apparently needed to learn in their own way and timing.

Finally, I must say that if you're thinking of placing loved ones in any facility, the best way to get good care is to participate in the process. Be involved, visit as often as you can and be an advocate for your loved one, and a cheerleader for the staff. Most caregivers really want to do a good job and they need all they encouragement they can get.

We enjoyed our meal. It was...

We enjoyed our meal. It was VERY nice but it is just beyond the budget. The thank you basket was VERY NICE!

Very nice place!

The employees here really are excellent! They're incredibly friendly, caring, and professional. I like that all of the caregivers know the residents by name and interact with them on a more personal level. If I was going to suggest one way for them to improve I think that they could try to have a few more activities geared towards the men in the community.

We're Happy So Far

The people in the restaurant are just excellent. The food is okay. The housekeeping inside the rooms is good and I know they're activities available but my mother-in-law doesn't participate. So far we're happy with it. It's my mother-in-law that is not happy but doesn't have anything to do with Atria. Anywhere she goes she's not going to be happy. I like that there are more active people here. The memory care is separate so we don't see that. I think that made her a little more comfortable.

Great Place

It was great. My mom and dad were there together for a long time, like 6 years. They were wonderful! The only reason my mom isn't there now is she has to be on oxygen and their dementia unit can't accept people on oxygen. But it was good there. I loved the people there but they were more expensive. Their med techs were wonderful too.

2 Week Ambassador Program

It was very clean and the people were very nice. My father-in-law likes it there. He seems happy with the activities. I like the idea of the ambassador for two weeks. The only problem is after two weeks they stop and my father-in-law missed a church service because no one came to get him. I don't know if anyone explained to him that it was only for two weeks or not. I think for people with a hard time hearing or seeing they could explain more.

I haven't eaten there but my father-in-law loves it. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law went to the luau and said everything was great.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that your family has found our community to be welcoming and I would like to apologize that your father-in-law did not attend his regular church service. We will be sure to better explain the Ambassador program to our new residents and their families. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Good Community

It is a very good community that we have been pleased with. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Overall we are just pleased with what they provide and offer. We really have not complaints about it and I would recommend this community to anyone.

Exactly what we were looking for

They are a wonderful community. I wish I could give them a higher rating in friendliness. The friendliness of the staff was one of the deciding factors when I chose this community. The community was just very warm and inviting. I looked at other communities and they weren't bad communities, Atria Del Rey just was better. It was exactly what we were looking for. They check on the residents and do all the big cleaning and laundry. They try involving the residents and try to keep them engaged. The food is excellent and it is located right next to a city park. The residents can just go there and walk around the park. We have already recommended them to people and would continue to recommend them.

Very Expensive

My mother did a respite stay here for a couple of weeks. It's expensive, very expensive. It seemed quite a bit higher than some of the other places that I've checked. It seemed good but since my mother wasn't there for very long, I can't really comment on the care services or the activities.

The only think I'm a little unhappy with is that I'm having a problem with the bill. Erika, the director, gave us a discount on the respite, but the girl that is billing us is now charging us for the difference. That end of it hasn't been the best but I'm sure it will be straightened out and that issue is really just with one employee.

LaDawn K.

I appreciate your review and I want to make sure that everything has been resolved for you on the billing issue. It appears that all credits promised were issued to honor the rate you were originally provided and there is no balance on the account. I apologize that our system took one billing cycle to catch up. We stand by our promise to offer the best services, engagement and commitment to quality for our residents and their families. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

We had a very nice tour by ...

We had a very nice tour by Erika. Lunch was delicious. The staff was very friendly. They provide many activities for residents & seem to really care about them & their health. We will keep Atria in mind, but are looking for assisted through complete care, if & when we need it.

Liked the best.

Liked the best.

Was the best so far;

Was the best so far;

Best of bunch, no buy in, month to mo...

Best of bunch, no buy in, month to month, covers everything, lots of activities, pets, enjoyed video 1bedroom and studios

I really liked Atria Del Ray.

I really liked Atria Del Ray.

Liked very much, still considering it...

Liked very much, still considering it for my mom.

housekeeping, basic cable, doctor's a...

housekeeping, basic cable, doctor's appts w/in 10 mi radius, incl. all meals (no cooking); anytime dining (7am-7pm); assisted living starts at med management , personal care (bathing), for a max determined by the time needed to provide perrsonal care. Units 305-450 sq.ft. Activities from 8-8: exercises in am, seated ball, outings for lunch/dinner, Mondays (shopping in the area), Fridays (concerts in the park), longer outings (Solvang), kitchenless baking/cooking, horse comes one Monday/mo, photos taken. Happy Hour weekly (with live entertainer, drinks). Bingo (2x/week), Bridge (2-3 pm) Transferable to other Atria facilities out-of-state.