Genesis Manor II - Claremont, CA

The entrance was not as secure as was expected. The community dog (loose in the lobby) though small barked at visitors. One guest in the memory care facility asleep (head down on table) in the dinning room.

Gerry Markie

Hello Thank you for your review however I believe you have the wrong facility. We do not have any dogs (or other animals) at this facility. We also do not have a "lobby", it is a standard one story house. Per the state/fire department rules we are only allowed to have a simple lock with an alarm.

We liked the facility @ Gen...

We liked the facility @ Genesis Manor 5, but the charge was almost as much as what they are paying now at Sunlit Gardens.

Gerry Markie

Thank you for your response. We feel that we are reasonably priced considering we have three RN's on staff and a 1:3 staff to resident ratio, essentially you are paying for a higher level of care. I don't know of any other facilities nearby that have this advantage.

Very nice people, but not enough acti...

Very nice people, but not enough activities for my mom.

Gerry Markie

Thank you for the review. We have activities geared towards the residents we tend to take care of. Many of our residents have severe dementia or physical handicaps and cannot partake in things like bingo, dancing, etc.

Hello, my name is Gerry Markie and I am a registered nurse with over 40 years of experience. I own, manage, and run six licensed residential care homes in excellent areas above the 210 freeway located in La Verne, Claremont, and Alta Loma. We are well respected in the community and we were recently featured in the Daily Bulletin in the August 10, 2009 edition. I was also recognized in May 2012 by the CA State Assembly and Senate for my work in the community. We have been in business since 1996 and have helped over 150 people and their families. I have been doing this for 15 years and 15 years before that I did home health nursing. Genesis Health Care is a family owned and operated business. I also work with my son David who has his business degree and my daughter Marya who recently graduated from nursing school.

Each facility is staffed 24/7 with seasoned, well trained caregivers who assist our clients with all aspects of daily living, medication management, and incontinence care. Many of the facilities have two caregivers at all times. This is provided in a secure homelike setting which is usually half the cost, and more personable, than most traditional nursing homes, large assisted living facilities, and in-home care services.

Each home is regularly visited by doctors, nurses, podiatrists, physical therapists, and hair dressers. Long term care insurance is accepted and we will help you in obtaining veterans benefits. We are also in a special program that allows us to take certain people on Medi-Cal.