Sunrise at Alta Loma - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Wonderful staff

My Mother-in-law has been here since October with intermittent stays. Everybody here has been very nice, they’re all very helpful, and I think they’re managing her situation pretty well. Her memory has been going downhill and they’ve been working with her the best they can. Her best friend of 30 years lives there as well and that’s part of why we chose the place, so they could be together. Her friend seems to be very happy there. They have a really good variety of food but she’s been having trouble eating. They’ve been able to accommodate her with her inability to eat large amounts of food and they’ll make her smaller amounts that are more manageable. They seem to try hard to make sure she’s comfortable. There are plenty of activities to do like card games, exercise, and bingo. There’s also a knitting group. As far as the rent is concerned, there's a flat fee for the room, but there are extra charges for getting help with showers, medication, and any additional care that she needs.

Comfortable Living!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought they did a great job with the presentation and had a lot of great amenities to offer the residents. I thought the property was beautiful and very well maintained by all of the staff. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

It's nice here just not a good fit for my mother

The staff here gave me a very good tour of their community and they answered all my question plus they even did a great follow-up. This community has a very nice setting, its clean and they were really nice, I just did not feel that this would be the best fit for my mom at this time.

They Were On Our Top List

It was a very nice community and the atmosphere was pleasant. The people were really nice and it seemed well put together on the tour. They didn't do breakfast till 9 am, my dad is an early eater. I thought the people were very nice. It was the best experience for a tour. We found a different community with what they wanted.

The entrance was not as secure as was expected. The community dog (loose in the lobby) though small barked at visitors. One guest in the memory care facility asleep (head down on table) in the dinning room.

A tour

This was a nice community when we looked at it. The people were nice and focused on caring. They had a lot of good amenities. We just got a little better feeling at the community we chose.

Really liked the floor plan of the room my parents would share on the assisted living side. It was somewhat split between two separate sides with a kitchenette in the middle. My parents could have a small fridge, a microwave and have their own meals in the room if they so chose. This place seemed to offer everything we'd need at competitive prices, but looked a little more dated than the other three places we toured.

Really liked the floor plan of the room my parents would share on the assisted living side.was somewhat split between two separate sides with a kitchenette in the middle. My parents could have a small fridge, a microwave and have their own meals in the room if they so chose. This place seemed to offer everything we'd need at competitive prices, but looked a little dirtier than the other 3 places we toured.

Outstanding Care

The tour here was great. A beautiful community that we would of like the mom to move into. We really liked the staff and the cleanliness. She would have liked the activities. We would recommend this community for other families.

Care decreased 2016

Do not place your loved one here. The care was ok a few years ago . 2016 everything changed. There is no communication and the administration is only interested in making a profit from your loved one. The leadership cannot manage the place. Large turn over so the care for your loved one suffers drastically. They forget to take them to meals. They mess up their medication. Their healthcare decreased. They do not call when there is something wrong with a loved one till it's to late. The nurse staff does their best but the administration is unorganized and the person in charge of caregivers has no medical or leadership back ground. The room smelled of urine often and the carpets never cleaned. You pay a lot of money for a nice room and the basic fixtures and water / toilet doesn't work. The food was good a few years ago but in 2016 the food was like TV dinners. Several times our loved one wasn't brought to their meal and when ill wasn't offered food. I saw several times the residents being left outside and caregivers complaining about having to spend time with the residents. The caregivers/staff could be often found standing or sitting in main areas chatting with each other instead of caring for the residents. I could hear their call buttons go on and the staff would laugh and say they will get to it later. Seemed that this year the over all Staff became very unhappy and their work ethics changed. They just didn't want to spend time with residents and work to make their lives enjoyable. I am thankful I no longer have to worry about my loved one anymore. In a much better place .

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Helpful Staff!!

I could not thank the staff enough for all of the help they provided me while my mother was in there care. They always made sure she was comfortable and that her needs where being accommodated as best as possible. They also helped me immensely with setting up her hospice and helping me get everything organized for her medical needs. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone looking into retirement.

Loved it , way to much money

Not The Right Place

I did not like anything at this community when I went to tour. It looked dated and they had a TV in a room. I did not care for it at all.

Sunrise Senior Living

Caring staff with excellent communication

I felt like they had a very caring staff that excellent communication with families. Nice clean environment. I don't think that there is any room for improvement. This was a pretty good facility.

As a case manager for senior services and a gerontology professor at a local jr. college was familiar with this facility. I was assisting a friends family with a placement. We both liked the facility and the programs they offered.

They give 110%! The family is very pleased and happy

They are doing an excellent job, and they are really friendly. I would highly recommend them. The people are really caring, and loving, and they treat the patients with tender loving care. They even give the residents a hug from time to time if they want that, and some really need it. They give 110%! The family is very pleased and happy with them.

Sunrise Alta Loma-The Place to Be!

Sunrise if Alta Loma is a great place. The entire staff serve as a team, helping each other, even outside of their normal job duties. The apartments/rooms are wonderful. The food is OK. Requests are most often responded to quickly. I would highly recommend Sunrise of Alta Loma to everyone.

It was clean but I did not ...

It was clean but I did not like that most of the residents leave their doors open and the TVs are very loud. Very Distracting!!!

Sunrise

We love the care and attention provided for our Mom. There is always several activities offered, and the staff is not only attentive to the reresidence, but they know who the family members are, and are always there for an accurate status update.

Older Residents

We looked at this place but we didn't like it as much as another one. I think the residents are more older and need more help here. I knew my mother-in-law would be more comfortable in a place that had people who were a little more active.

Staff Didn't Seem Happy to be There

I wasn't too impressed. The building is nice. It has a real homey atmosphere to it. I was only there for a tour but I got a chance to kind of observe some of the staff and I wasn't impressed with what I saw. They didn't seem very happy to be there. It was like it was just a job. They didn't look like they enjoyed being there or wanted to be there. I didn't like the feel of the place that well.

Great Community

They provide excellent care for those in need. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. They are very outgoing and everyone here is just so welcoming. They are very accommodating and really try to help as best as they can. I am very pleased with them and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Liked, very nice and homey but pricey...

Liked, very nice and homey but pricey as well.

I visited thais one but my mom has no...

I visited thais one but my mom has not gone to see it. It was okay.

This place was fantastic

This place was fantastic

About Sunrise at Alta Loma

Community & Location Highlights:

•Conveniently located in central Alta Loma, CA
•Beautiful views of Cucamonga Peak and Mount Baldy
•Close to museums, country clubs and shopping centers

Located just one mile south of the 210 Freeway at the Archibald Street exit and four miles north of the 10 Freeway off of Archibald Street, Sunrise of Alta Loma sits nestled in the valley of the Inland Empire with a view of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains. We pride ourselves in our warm hospitality and personalized care, all offered in a beautiful, home-like setting. We are known throughout the community for our delicious meals and friendly environment.

Sunrise of Alta Loma in Alta Loma, California, offers residents comfort, independence and happiness. An experienced team of designated care managers are here to serve each resident’s unique needs. A dedicated culinary team focuses on senior nutrition and each resident’s dining preferences, and our full-service housekeeping staff ensures that residents enjoy a chore-free lifestyle. Residents engage in daily activities and events to enrich their mind, body and spirit. Residents enjoy beautiful views of Cucamonga Peak and Mount Baldy. Alta Loma is conveniently located close to shopping, dining and museums. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of Alta Loma home.