Above & Beyond Inc. - Allentown, PA

Nice location. Residents appear happy and the staff pleasant and are all well groomed. Meals cooked onsite and menu is varied. Activities onsite and Center operates a van to allow offsite activities. Nice courtyard allows residents to access secure outside seating, weather permitting. Medical professional make house calls.

Did not get tour, contact never showed up. Got there early, waited until about 2:15. The young lady in the office, was very polite and told me that [Removed] was not able to be reached. I decided to leave after that, since I believed that even though the young lady hadn't reached her, I was on the calendar and she should have shown up on time. I was getting ready to back up, the young lady ran out and said that I was supposed to be at the Emmaus facility, I showed her my paperwork and advised that I had requested this due to the fact that I only lived up the street and it was the most convenient. At that point, I suggested that they call me and make an appointment at both places, I have not heard from them.

Care for mom

I like the care at this community. I find the staff to be very helpful and caring and offer a lot of attention. The community is clean, but they could work on a few small things in the rooms. The activities are good and we did like that they are able to monitor her within the community. We would recommend the care and value of this community to other families.

Mom could not be happier

This Place Is great! It feels so much like home and everyone is so involved with my moms care.

needs an environment where there are more intellectual activities

Overall things are good at Above & Beyond. My brother is kind of a special case since he is only 60. He needs an environment where there are more intellectual activities and things to stimulate him. At this facility the residents are not on his level. The people that own it and run it are great people. When I call they address any concerns or problems immediately. The medical department is very much on task here also.

'Family owned' gave me the ...

'Family owned' gave me the impression that the family members wore many hats, which cuts down on staffing, which is not good for residents.

I like the place very much.The staff ...

I like the place very much.The staff is friendly, and knowledgeable. I am concerned that Christina is no longer able to get her medications by mail with a 90 day supply. The pharmacy that Above and Beyond uses is good, but more expensive. Since she is on several medications that have been long term for many years it would be much cheaper to order them by mail. Every penny counts especially since Christina is only 64. I am doing every thing I can do to have her trust last as long as it can.

The right place

I decided to place my loved one here based on the friendly staff and honest speaking management I met during my tour and interview. My experiences with them since confirms my earlier conclusions.

it is a very wonderful caring place t...

it is a very wonderful caring place that looks like a 4-star hotel. it is a very welcoming place.

Above & Beyond is elegant, affordable and home like.
- A safe and secure atmosphere
- All CPR certified employees
- Full sprinkler systems
- Monthly fire drills
- Proper ventilation and lighting
- Pull Bell System in every bathroom
- Department of Public Welfare – licensed
- Certified in Personal Care home – licensed
- Handicapped accessibility
- Short term, temporary care.