Alexandria Manor Senior Living Centers - Bath, PA

I had my father in this place and took him out after a few months, between having to clean his room, bathroom, no air conditioning in the summer because it was broke in 90 degree weather, the on call doctor yelling at me, and I mean yelling, telling me you find away to figure out how to get this information yourself I'm not helping you, in the hall when I asked for a list of what his meds were, taking his wash home only to find his underwear was not chg. for three days. Many times I visited and found his wash left for over a week, his room smelled of dirty wash all the time. I had to ask the head of the place many times to check why his wash was not done. He was in the hospital and I was not told. When I asked the head director why I wasn't call her answer was, well I was on vacation, ok whoever was in charged should I not have been called, her response was oh well. Girls smoking right outside the door next to the rooms. The woman in the room next to my father would ask me every time I was there if I would help her with this or that, one time the poor thing was not dressed and she asked to help cover her up. Her drapes were falling off the window, from the time I put my father is this place and were still the same when we took him out. There was no supervision if the one aide who worked the floor went upstairs. They told me if he didn't go up he would be alone. I don't think a person has to be forced to sit with people who are a bite worse off the him, and this was not for an hour or two this was most of the day. I want to know if there is only one aide, how helps those who chose to stay downstairs, in their room or watch the tv. I asked to have his hair cut and he looked worse than before he went to get done. I am a very easy person to get along with but when I met women helping fed the individuals I thought they were aides, my mistake. One told me she saw how the food was put in front of them, they could not cut the food or get it to their mouth so she came to help feed them. I questions an aide and I was answered with, there isn't enough time to help feed all of them. I began to come at lunch so I or my husband could feed him. I don't complain a lot but I was so taken back by the treatment and yelling at me. I am not the only one in my family who visited and were offended with not only his treatment but others.

Awful

This place has bed bugs!!!!! Do not live here!!!! This place is disgusting and the owner and manager are scum, only out for money. This is not a place for mom!!! The department of health will ffind out about this.

terrible, terrible place

terrible place, [removed] Every few weeks there are different people working and they are always looking for help. As far as the care if you don't plan to visit your loved ones every few days too check on them plan to see a dirty room, a dirty family member and a room that smells terrible.
When you first visited everything seems fine but after a month things change. When asking about care or if everything with your family member is ok you will be told fine, fine. Then after a conversation with family member you find out they [removed], and when you question the staff, your told, Oh yes that did happen but there is no RECORD of it. And the staff doctor, God help anyone who questions her, she screams and walks away. If you need to ask her a question she does not return calls or tells you the problem concerning your loved one is yours so deal with it. All in all please find another place for your loved one is you care about them.

Alexandria Manor is a good place and it feels like home. They take great care of my loved one. The workers check on the frequently and is happy to be their and care for them. If he needed anything then they wouldnt mind helping out. Make everyone feel like their living in their own home with just extra people there.

Incredible care from a loving staff.

My Mom was there less than 4 months- the last week under hospice care. The entire staff there is amazing! The loving care provided the residents is heart warming- they really care! They have the most incredible assemblage of caregivers I have ever seen. I can't begin to express my gratitude! I had hoped I chose the right place for Mom, but in a very short time I knew I had. And the food is excellent! I'd love to have Alejandra cook for me every day! At the end, my Mom was there under hospice care and the staff checked on her every 15 minutes! Unheard of attention! It may not be the fanciest place, but it's homey and comfortable. And the staff truly make it HOME! If you're looking for a place for a loved one, this is it!

So far so good.

My sister has only been there a little over a month and so far so good. She has Frontal Lobe Dementia and doesn't communicate at all on her own. The activities director is trying to get her to speak more but it is a tough job. But overall Alexandria Manor is a good fit for my sister since she can no longer live by herself. The staff is friendly and they all know Maryann by name and treat her with respect and kindness. A Place for Mom Senior Adviser helped me tremendously, if it wasn't for this organization I would still be looking and not knowing where to look. It helps a lot with the fact that the facilities they recommend are already vetted so you're stressed to do it on your own.

Alexandria Manor is elegant, affordable and home like.
- A safe and secure atmosphere
- All CPR certified employees
- Full sprinkler systems
- Monthly fire drills
- Proper ventilation and lighting
- Pull Bell System in every bathroom
- Department of Public Welfare – licensed
- Certified in Personal Care home – licensed
- Handicapped accessibility
- Short term, temporary care.