Our second choice

We liked this community when we visited, however they did not have any openings available. The people we met were nice and the community was clean. They seem to offer some nice amenities. This community does have a more religious atmosphere.

It Is Wonderful Ambience

Since my mom has been here at the care and insight has been great. The community is very, very clean and nice. My mom's room is a good size for her with a nice bathroom and dining area. I would definitely recommend this place for the positive environment.

Atherton, Alhambra, CA new resident

I was pleasantly surprised when a deli tray showed up on moving day. I was quite tired and that food artfully arranged really pepped me up.
People, both residents and staff, have been very helpful in getting me adjusted to my new home. One of the residents brought me a hand made 'mailbox' and tied it on my screen door for a surprise.
I'm still not quite unpacked but it's looking like home already with some of my favorite furniture in place.
It did help me to visit Atherton several times and talk with people before I actually moved here.

Very nice community

We looked at quite a few communities, and we really liked the feel of this one. It is unusual in that it is more a collection of individual homes as opposed to a "facility". The food is great, and they have regular activities that I feel provide the residents with a good scale for time, things to look forward to, etc. The sales staff was also very helpful and friendly, and had a lot of useful information to provide.
The biggest issue I've had is that the maintenance staff is not responsive at all. I have to step in and advocate for my loved one constantly, and even then it can be a long time before they find the time to resolve the issues.