Astor House at Springbrook Oaks - Newberg, OR

Strange floor plans in the apartment

I thought this facility was just average. The rent includes things like the AC/heating, housekeeping, three meals a day, and laundry services. They had things like a lot of activities, exercise classes, and transportation around town. The one thing I didn’t like is the apartments was that they had very strange floor plans and I would not have been able to figure out how to arrange my rooms but they did have balconies and decks. I would recommend this community

Country Feel

This community is very nice. It has a country feel to it more open than others we looked at. Mom is doing very well here she really likes it. She is doing the activities they offer and she is meeting new people and starting to make friends. For the most part, the food is good there are some days it isn't as good. Mom has a 1 bedroom apartment and it is spacious enough for her she is very comfortable and content.The housekeeping is doing a good job keeping her apartment clean and the community itself appears clean and well maintained. I would recommend them.

Too Far Away

We toured the Astor House at Springbrook Oaks. It was a nice community. The staff was friendly. It was a nice clean, beautiful community. We chose another community that was closer to our doctors and places we were more familiar with.

Beyond Positive Experience

Everyone in the family fell in love with this community when we saw it. Not only is it the right fit for my dad but we couldn't ask for anything close to us. From myself to my sister and my dad who the search was for felt very comfortable with this community after touring it and meeting with the staff. My dad is so happy here he loves the staff, the residents and the food. No complaints what so ever from any of us.

So far, so good!

So far, I think my mother is doing well since her move into the Astor House. She really seems to be enjoying what they have to offer...

The community is clean and well taken care of!!

The staff are friendly and greet you by name. My friend seems happy living at Astor House. They have a weekly out trip and a variety of daily activities including bingo, dominoes and poker nights. The food is good and the chef is regional renowned. I would recommend this community.

5 star property

She goes to activities. Very happy with it. She loves ut.

Number one, and I don't know why this occurs, but they had very, very frequent changes of managers, so that made it so there wasn't quite the consistency in care and programming and so forth. Another thing would be that the in-home care was not quality and not consistent either. What came across to me was that there was not training for people of all different conditions. If there was anything relating to even mild dementia they weren't consistent in dealing with it. It wasn't a horrible place, but it was not a place I would put my father back in.

They could improve on the ground outside in the back. They said they were going to work on the grass and it smells like a sewer.

Holiday Retirement

Hi- I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thanks for your sincere review - I appreciate the very direct feedback because it gives us a great jumping off point on how we can improve Astor House. I sent your review to our Resident Relations team for them to investigate. If you have anything else to add, you can contact them at [removed].

Thanks again,
Katie

A nice place

My father in law lives here at he likes it. The facility is very nice, clean and fresh. The staff is great! Everything has been going well. I would recommend the Astor House.

Five Star Overall

Everything was fine.

He loves it. He gives it an A!

He loves it. He gives it an A! There aren't any real concerns. It's clean and the staff is friendly. It's working out fine.

After a huge turnover in management at this home, I find the onsite managers to be very Unfriendly, Combative, Judgemental people I've ever delt with. Many times my wife comes home crying because of them, she is just there trying to take care of her aging father with dementia.

We love it

The staff work very hard to make it right for you. It seemed like they work almost too hard. The place is vey nice. I am very happy. My mom is very happy. I am just not sure if the rooms have to be cleaned in fifteen minutes. I think it can take longer... we just felt bad they work so hard... the place is wonderful and the food is great.

For what they offer they, have been doing a very good job.

For what they offer they, have been doing a very good job. It's pretty clean, and the staff is very, very friendly. We have had a few issues with response to maintenance concerns. My loved one doesn't participate in activities, so I can't really comment on those, I would say not applicable. The food has been excellent. I can't think of anything that needs to be done differently. It is an independent place so we do have our own caregivers to come in.

It is conveniently located with enough parking.

They have a lot of activities for people if people want to participate. It is conveniently located with enough parking. Please be aware, it’s not assisted living. It’s independent living. If your parent needs assisted living, they’re not going to get enough care.

This is a great place. I'd ...

This is a great place. I'd really like mom to live here. However, with her alzheimers progressing, I'm not sure if it is the best fit.

Very nice community!

I've been enjoying this place quite a bit so far! The only complaint I really have is that it is tough deciding which items from my larger condo I want to bring with me here. The staff have all been super, very friendly and professional. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The facility itself is always very clean, although it is beginning to show its age.
The food has been good, although it could be better. It seems to vary in quality from month to month.

Nestled among hazelnut orchards, vineyards, strawberry fields and cherry groves, you’ll love calling Astor House home. We’re close to shopping, parks and activities, and less than 30 minutes from all that Portland and Salem have to offer.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities. Planned activities promote socialization, while a quiet hour can be spent walking the landscaped grounds.
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind