Arden Courts of San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

Great Dementia-focused facility

I can not say enough positive things about Arden courts. Their caregivers are loving and nurturing. They treat my loved one and our family like “family”. They are trustworthy and kind. We really appreciate the dedicated and professional services that they provide. We also like the special touches; like the hair salon, manicures, in facility doctor’s visits, and church services.

Shared Medical Info

I found that they were not able to handle my husband's more difficult behavioral aspects of dementia without medicating him and then to continually increase dosages instead of effectively redirecting him. They do offer activities for the patients, but seem to expect the patients to know when to show up for the activities, even though this is a memory care facility. Staff does not strictly acknowledge a patient's right to medical record privacy. Nice place for patients in the early stages of dementia or in the late stages, but if your SO is in the unpredictable, challenging middle stages, be prepared for the 30 day notice!

"A Caregiver's Pot of Gold"

My dear husband has only been in Arden Courts since January 27th. So far, I am elated by the level of care he has received from their knowledgeable and caring staff. His room is always clean and comfortable. He enjoys all the activities; painting, singing, "name that tune", kickball in a sitting position, church, etc. The "four houses under one roof" setup is brilliant. It makes for a very safe and pleasant environment. Looking forward to warmer weather so we can take advantage of the numerous walking paths set in a park-like setting. I have joined my hubby for lunch and found the food to be ample and delicious. Their caring encompasses the entire family, not just the resident. I'm hopeful that Arden Courts will be his "forever home".

Specifically designed by memory care experts for individuals who are living with Alzheimer’s disease or related forms of dementia, Arden Courts Memory Care Community offers residential living combined with quality caregiving in a secure, engaging, and home-like setting. Our structured programs and personalized assistance help each Arden Courts resident maintain their highest level of independence and promotes their sense of well being. Arden Courts’ large enclosed walking paths help to ensure a sense of freedom and independence while keeping security in mind.