Arbor Terrace of Herndon - Herndon, VA

Only independent living: 80 apps, 72 occupied. Currently finishing a renovation. We saw more workers than residents. Need to revisit when work is done. Fitness area is trivial. Library is tribal. Meals: breakfast, soup at noon and full dinner. Fronts on 6 lane highway. Not much area, that we saw, around the building. The walking group crosses into an adjacent townhouse development and walks the streets. Parking is outside. The model apartments are roomy, full kitchen with dishwasher, in/unit washer and dryer. If we gave up our, we'd need transportation to a suitable fitness center, like the Reston Y. Will revise if we don't don't find a higher rated (ours) facility.

The community is friendly and supportive. The facility, however, is poorly constructed. For the amount of money being spent, a little more attention could have been made when installing windows, hardware, updated appliances, placement of the electrical closet, etc.

Great location

The location of Arbor Terrace is great. The facility itself is spacious and clean with lots of amenities. The staff is wonderful and you can tell that they really care. There are many activities that the residents can enjoy. Great place.

Very unique place in the market place

The Arbor Terrace of Herndon is a very unique place in the market place, if offers independent living with a plus because this place is not strictly independent living it still gives you that independent feeling knowing assistance is there if needed. The executive Alyssa, she has been very helpful throughout my experience.

I've been happy with what I've seen so far.

A great place to live.

I looked at several independent living communities before deciding on Arbor Terrace. It has everything I need and want. It is also close to stores and churches if you drive. If you don't, transportation is provided for shopping and doctors. Many activities, great chef and nice people. The staff is very helpful.

Arbor Terrace, Herndon, VA

The Arbor Terrace community in Herndon was the perfect choice for my parents who relocated from Pennsylvania to Virginia in July 2014. After extensive research Arbor Terrace was selected. The staff at Arbor Terrace is welcoming and professional. There are numerous daily activities for the residents to enjoy. The common areas are nicely decorated and the living areas are spacious and well maintained. We are extremely satisfied with Arbor Terrace. Thank you.

Nice and affordable in the Northern Virginia area

My wife and I were looking for a good but affordable place for my 84 year old mother-in-law who wanted to relocate in our area. She was living in a 3 story townhouse and the stairs were getting too much for her plus she wanted to be closer to her daughters. I visited several places but instantly liked Arbor Terrace of Herndon, VA. The staff was friendly and helpful explaining to me what the community offered. While I was getting a tour of the property, the residents that I talked to privately were very happy with their surroundings and looked forward to meeting my mother-in-law.
If you are searching for a reasonably priced and active adult living community, I think you will find that Arbor Terrace will fulfill your needs.

The facility is clean and n...

The facility is clean and nicely decorated. There are lots of on-site amenities and each apartment includes its own laundry room and full kitchen. Transportation and social events are available. Breakfast and dinner are available in a communal dining area.

This is a beautiful and new...

This is a beautiful and newer facility with very well-designed and spacious feeling apartments. They do not have a commercial kitchen yet but are starting construction on one. In the meantime, they bring in catered and restaurant dinners into a warm and welcoming dining room. They have a beautiful outdoor space, as well, and offer a robust selection of social events for all personality types. Arbor Terrace offers true independent living, so those who may need a bit more help may not find it a good fit. Annamarie, the Executive Director, was fabulous. She spent a great deal of time with us at the start of our visit to understand our needs and the needs of our parents. While we determined our parents were in need of true assisted living, I would not hesitate to recommend Arbor Terrace to someone who was looking only for independent living.

Second Choice

It's a nice facility. It think everything sort of stacked up there except the general level of activities was not as enticing as where she did end up. The positive thing is there is a washer/dryer in the apartments. There are a lot of younger folks around and gas heating. The apartment units were very attractive. It was our second choice.

loved it Director was great the rooms...

loved it Director was great the rooms are really nice , they made us feel very at ease. Clean good smell rooms had everything necessary didnt check for emergency rope in ther rooms so they could be nice outdoor and transportation included. Laundry in the apartment which was great no other facility offered this. Only issue would be if home care was required they would have to move otherwise this is a definate choice just the right amoutn of independance.Price includes couple other place partner had an extra fee.

Good possibilty. Very clean, persona...

Good possibilty. Very clean, personable and quiet. Only problem, no meals. They do have a menu for carry out for dinner.

Very clean, large apartments with lig...

Very clean, large apartments with light. Price is reasonable Services are good not sure if my mom would prefer a dinner plan. Church very close for driving. 30 minute drive for me.

Herndon Independent Living

Welcome to Arbor Terrace of Herndon, offering the best in senior living. One visit to our community and you will quickly see why Arbor Terrace of Herndon is the right choice for you or your loved one.

Arbor Terrace of Herndon offers the best in senior independent living in Herndon. You will find comfortable, attractive residences coupled with engaging activities and events, giving you the peace of mind that we offer nothing but the best in quality of life. At Arbor Terrace of Herndon modern conveniences are wrapped in a home-like setting where our staff truly cares for each and every resident.

Arbor Terrace is an active senior living community where alliances with other senior care services, such as on site rehabilitation, home health and companion care, are offered through our preferred health care partners. This brings to your home the very support and services needed to maintain independence longer and provide health and wellness services as needed, when needed. Add to this a circle of friendships that welcome socialization and active engagement programs and you can find the best of senior living in one special place. Whether it is enjoying a quite nook for reading that great book, rocking on our screened porch with a family member or enjoying a tune or two at happy hour…Arbor Terrace has something for everyone. Come and see why others choose to call us home.