The Oaks at Olde Towne - Gaithersburg, MD

• On-site Maintenance Personnel

SMOKING IN 313 AND TERRIBLE BUILDING TEMPERATURE

Unit 313 smoke comes into 213. Due to previous injury my breathing is difficult at best. The smoke chokes me and hurts my eyes also.

Secondly the hall was over 80 degrees Monday night. My son visited and said it was very hot coming down the hall. I do not see why building air cannot be set for 70 degrees and left there. There is no excuse for the lack of attention to environmental issues in the building. My unit was at 81 degrees on the unit temp gauge and my heat was set at 69. Inexcusable. The maintenance man said he would turn on hall a/c. Tonight the forecast is for low 30s. The man had the appearance of a badly hung over person. The whole behavior of our staff is polite and conciliatory but nothing gets changed. DEPLORABLE.

Parking and Whose in the Building After 5

I'm looking out my patio window now and viewed a young lady pull up and place a window covering on the passenger side of her vehicle. Recently, Anna viewed strangers in the building at all hours of the night. We're not feeling safe. A resident with her son's living with her....they park their car in various spaces in the corner or on the side and smoke and drink. They then park across the street afterwards. Many of the residents are not feeling safe here.

Neefd Facility In/Exterior Monitoring

When leaving my Dad's apartment late this evening. I viewed the black car with people inside smoking....????...I was afraid to obtain the license plates, but determined it did not have the appropriate parking sticker. Not sure if the occupants of the vehicle are friends of a resident. It's certainly odd that I've seen the vehicle at various times during my visits. When it's dark...not feeling at ease that it's safe to be walking to/from the parking lot.

Stop the Smoking

Overall facility is surface cleaned, subpar and not to the level expected. Halls with spots go months without being cleaned

4th floor just cleaned. Halls and stairways always smokey. Resident on 2nd floor drives his black car....to the side of the building....smokes and leaves his discarded cigarettes on the ground.
I watched him from the 2nd floor as he threw the cigarettes on the ground...looked around to see if he's been caught. My daughter immediately told Ana, who said okay, but did nothing.

As soon as something else opens for my Mother.....she's gone.

Carpets need cleaning in / out of units. When my Dad moved in, the hallways and laundry rooms were cleaned at least every other day. My Dad states this is no longer the case. Smoking still I'm stairwells....Facility unable to curtail until a resident gets sick. Gazebo lighted at night....much-needed, but it took many complaints to change it.

We're hoping to move our relative.

Smoking Allowed

My Dad lives at this facility and smoking is evident on many of the floors and particularly in the stairways. Young people gather on the side of the property in the gazebo and complaints regarding smoking and loitering are not heard.

Habitat America

Thank you for your feedback. Feedback is always important to The Oaks at Olde Towne management so we can better serve our community. I have relayed your concerns to my staff and we are working diligently to resolve these issues you are worried about for your father. Please feel to call me at [removed] to set up a time to further discuss this matter. Thanks. Ana

Not Safe or Smoke Free

I'm rating the facility based on safety and a healthy living environment. The smoking is uncontrolled [removed]. [removed] There is loitering in and around the gazebo. On the side where the gazebo is, cars not permitted double park and [removed]. [removed] My son is in search for a different property. I also wish the smell in the hallway would be reduced by a more constant cleaning of the hallways and trash areas.

Residents are smoking in their apartments. This air pollutions gets into other units. I have asked that this situation be remedied. Apt ### lit up at 3:25. I was awakened by my coughing and burning eyes. Please PLEASE can't something be done!

Community Manager

I am sorry to hear about your experience. The Oaks is a smoke-free community and smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the building or on the premises. Please contact the management office and sit down to find out how can we resolve this matter. Thank you for your feedback.

Location, location, location! Conveniently located near revitalized Olde Towne Gaithersburg, The Oaks at Olde Towne offers the latest in affordable senior living to adults 62+. Attractive, new one and two-bedroom apartments feature a kitchen with the newest appliances and roomy closets. Residents may take advantage of transportation to shopping, medical appointments and the Gaithersburg Senior Center via the community van. Restaurants, specialty shops and Lake Forest Mall are nearby for easy access.