Arbor Terrace at Cascade - Atlanta, GA

Arbor Terrace of Cascade is a unique community located in southwest Atlanta’s Cascade neighborhood. It is the first assisted living community in Georgia dedicated to serving the care and social needs of African American seniors. Working closely with our affiliates at the Wesley Woods Geriatric Center at Emory University, we have developed programs catered to African American needs such as diabetes management, hypertension awareness and Alzheimer’s/dementia care. These programs set Arbor Terrace at Cascade apart and create a distinct advantage to our residents and families.

Affordable, apartment-style living in a home-like atmosphere, offers comfort, care and compassion. The needs of those residents with Alzheimer’s/dementia are met in our Evergreen Program where dedicated staff offers daily programming and structure. Experienced, long-term employees and directors cater to our resident’s needs in a warm and caring manner.

Arbor Terrace has been the perfect choice for seniors from every walk of life. Teachers, college professors, judges and home-makers have found that when care choices need to be made, Arbor Terrace is the right choice.

Arbor Terrace at Cascade is truly that special place, for that special someone, at a very special time.

Respite Care twice

My father has been there 2 times for Respite care. One time for 4 weeks and another for 3 weeks. I found the place always clean and smelled good. Before he went to Arbor Terrace, I had visited 4 other assisted living places and some seemed very dingy and like a nursing home with a strange bathroom smell.

My father enjoyed having his own room. The staff was attentive to him. He would be nicely dressed and clean when I came for visits. He enjoyed the food and being served like he was dining at a restaurant daily.

I think they managed his medications ok. In the first stay we did have to work through a few issues but the staff was helpful to follow up with his doctor to get more clarification on the situation.
Overall I would recommend them for your elder love one. I wish my dad could go live there for his long term care and living, however, I do not think he will be able to afford it. Still looking for more affordability but with same great activities, service and staff.

The tour experience at Arbor Terrace exceeded our expectations. The staff was friendly and we were impressed with the center's inner and outer appearance. Our contact, Danielle was very friendly and informative. This is one worth considering.

Nice place, lovely tour, appears to offer quite a bit of stimulation for residents. A little dreary and cluttered but overall very pleasant.

Friendly, compassionate staff!

I think they do a great job at Arbor Terrace! The staff here is friendly and professional, and you can tell they really care about the residents that they work with. They treat the residents like family, and I really feel like my loved one is with people who are genuinely concerned for him. We pop in all the time unannounced and I always see the staff talking with the residents or doing little activities with them. They also do a pretty good job with the food! We're very satisfied with the care provided!

Nice place, calming atmosphere

So far everything seems to be going well here! My loved one already had a few friends here when she moved in, and she says that the atmosphere has been very calming. She really seems to enjoy it here, I haven't heard any complaints!

Friendly and helpful staff!

So far we're very pleased with how things have gone with Arbor Terrace at Cascade! It's a very nice looking community, and the staff have all been very helpful! They even helped me look into information on veteran's benefits and financing options while we were waiting for our loved one's house to sell. They also do a great job with the food, it always looks and smells fantastic if I happen to visit near a meal time!

Best Assisted Living Ever!

I am a healthcare provider who has personally taken care of my 96yo father for the last 10 years. As a result, I am very picky about the level of care I expect from other healthcare workers. Th management and the staff here go waaay above and beyond to make sure my dad is clean, dressed nicely, and fed gourmet food. The majority of the workers have been employed 10 plus years and truly care about their patients. At this point, I couldn't have made a better selection than Arbor Terrace. The other great thing is that when you walk in, it smells nice and not like an old dirty nursing home.

I'm very satisfied. It's very clean and the staff is very friendly.

I'm very satisfied. It's very clean and the staff is very friendly. They are quick to respond to needs and requests. They do have a lot of stuff coming in and there are more activities than the last place we used. They are pretty good on communication, but there could be a little improvement, with the communication among the staff. Management does pretty good about getting back to us. The food is okay, it's much better than the previous place. We liked that they were close enough to go visit.

Excellent facility. I loved...

Excellent facility. I loved the atmosphere. the visit was very exciting. My major concern was cost, though.

My mother lives in the Arbor Terrace ...

My mother lives in the Arbor Terrace (it's been exactly 30 days since she moved in) , and I like the facility very much. I like the layout, the people and both my mother and I liked the food. The staff have been very responsive, responding to my inquiries right way, which is good.

They have an activities program that covers both the daytime and evening hours, as well

Extremely nice