Summerset Assisted Living - Atlanta, GA

Summerset Assisted Living

To speak with an advisor about this community call:

(866) 344-4946

3711 Benjamin East Mays Drive
Atlanta, GA 30331

Phone: 404-691-4545

Assisted Living, Alzheimer's Memory Care

About Summerset Assisted Living

Summerset Assisted Living is a senior living community in Atlanta, Georgia. We offer you a home away from home that is warm and friendly. The staff is warm and friendly, and we offer plenty of activities for our elderly residents to do. Meals are included and served three times a day, as wella s snacks, ones that are nutritious and healthy for you, and special diets are taken into consideration. It is truly assisted living at it's finest. Care plans are given for up to elderly people who need level II personal care.

Services Offered

• Birdhouses
  • Courtyards
  • Walkways
  • Benches
  • State of the art Emergency Alert Call/Voice-to-Voice Communication systems equipped
  • Library
  • Wellness Center
  • Clubroom
  • Dining Room
  • Fully equipped and easy to use private rooms
  • A fountain

A nice community

My aunt lived here for a while and it is a clean community. The food is good and they offer some daily activities. Most of the staff are nice and took good care of her. They did have some turnover and some of the newer staff members did not seem to be as experienced as the previous staff members. The cost did seem to increase for the care she was receiving and we needed to find another community that would have the same care for a lower price.

Positive environment.

My loved one attends the adult day care at Summerset and is doing much better! It is a nice place and everyone seems to be very happy, especially the residents!

The tour experience at Summerset was great! The sales specialist was very friendly and informative. It will be considered as we continue to tour other facilities.

The facility and the surrounding community were in complete disrepair. I found the community fee to be outrageous by comparison they did appear to have that many residents or anything going on. It felt hollow. Not to mention the classless, tactless greeteer/ receptionists.
I was put off by the request for me to fill out a questionnaire when I was scheduled by APM and no one seemed prepared or aware.

Safe Haven

I was very worried when I had to place my mother in assisted living, the staff and management made me feel very comfortable. They are very friendly, helpful and well experienced. I know my mother is getting great care!

A good place for respite care!!

My aunt enjoys spending time at Summerset for respite care. The staff work well with her and the family. She likes to play bingo and participate in community activities. She says the food is ok which is good for her. I would recommend this very clean community.

MEDIOCRE AT BEST

We placed a relative here 2 years ago. The relative had Alzheimer's disease and the staff was informed of this diagnosis prior to placement. However, she was placed on a floor with independent senior residents. She wandered in and out of other resident's rooms and was very hard to manage. FINALLY, after having a meeting with management, she was properly placed on "Memory Lane" (for residents with dementia). On Memory Lane, the residents are seated in front of a big screen television ALL DAY LONG. In the 2 years my relative was there, I saw activities 1-2 times and I visited regularly. When I visited, the residents looked sedated and another relative was told by the staff that residents are given something to "keep them calm". Often times I would enter the floor and the smell of BMs would waft throughout the place. My relative had jewelry stolen and nothing was done about it. She was often inappropriately dressed and toward the latter part of her stay, the staff would just leave her in the bed in her pajamas all day long. Often times the facility was understaffed and there would be ONE staff member to watch 10-15 residents. So, if the ONE staff member was attending to another resident (changing a diaper, assisting with the bathroom), the other residents were left alone. My relative frequently had other resident's laundry in her dresser drawers. After several complaints, we just started placing items that were not hers on top of her dresser for them to be returned to their rightful owners. When my relative died, we didn't get a flower, card, note or ANY kind of condolence or even an appreciative statement for our relative being a resident at their facility for TWO YEARS! The owners seem to have some passion for the area of gerontology but, they are passing the business to their sons who have NO PASSION, NO INTEREST and NO KNOWLEDGE of gerontology or how to effectively run a business. If you wish to consider placing your relative here, make sure you do your research, don't bring any valuables and DO NOT expect any sympathy from them when your relative passes away!!!!

This location doesn't have a minimum stay,how it is more costly and does not offer outside actives. It is nice and well maintained but somewhat outside of my area

A lot of activities to keep you busy!!!

The community encourages family to stop by and take their loved one out for a day. The staff keep us well informed of my mom's care and they are very attentive. I have not had a chance to try the food but it looks good. The community is clean, well maintained and it is a gated community. I would recommend Summerset to family and friends.

Top Notch Facility

My 98 year young father who is a retired USA veteran, recently moved to the Summerset Assisted Living Facility (end of 2015) and so far the family has determined that this facility is an excellant place for my dad to live. The owners along with all the staff members take really great care of our family member. Everyone is professional and takes ownership of their roles and responsibilities for each resident. This facility is really clean, has no unpleasant smells, the medications are administered in a timely manner, the laundry is done and stored in the designated location in each apartment and this facility is secured at all times. The food is great (the fish is so good...). If a resident has a specific issue of concern, the staff will notify the family immediately. Each residents apartment is just the right size as my dad described...there are activities for all residents which allows each person to socialize if they choose to. With all that I have said, our family give this facility a really HIGH rating (top notch) because we feel confident that our family member needs will be met. The Summerset family along with our family have become a great team to ensure that my dad continues to ages gracefully and with dignity.

The visit to Summerset Assisted Living was very nice and informative. The staff appeared to be very friendly.

This was a caring place for my husband. They handled him with care. All of the staff was caring to and concerned for our family also.

Four Stars

They have a daycare service where they pick-up and drop-off my loved one, so I can complete my day. They are good with listening and communication. They are just a little slow to responding to some things.

They are very friendly and family oriented

It has been very good. I'm very happy with them. They are very friendly and family oriented. I like that a lot about them. The facility is clean. The staff is very nice and they are also helpful. The value is excellent. They do a great job with their care services. They also offer activities. The Summerset Assisted Living is a very nice community. We haven't had any issues with them. Everything is good.

Great facility, ample, clean, well planned and organized. But overall a great family spirit from staff and residents as well. I'll come back and add more to my review once my husband spend some time as resident.

Summerset is a nice place to consider.

I searched several locations in the Metro Atlanta area and I found Summerset to be the best. I have had four elderly relatives in our family where I have been involved with the decision about their care. One of these being my mom and two of these living in other states. My relative at Summerset had care givers in the home for several years.
I would suggest that you develop a method of knowing the care team, be aware of what your family member does during their day and let the management staff know if something occurs that you do not agree with. I can tell you that nothing is perfect but Summerset is a very nice place to consider if you are looking for a place away from home.

Excellent facility. Very nice and friendly. Residents are happy and the staff is professional. The owners and family are top notch.

Amazing Community!!

My experience with Summerset has been really good. The staff has been very kind, nurturing and caring. The activities are mentally and physically stimulating, very interesting and very nice. They encourage my grandmother to participate in the activities daily, but sometimes she does not want to. When she expresses that she is not interested that day, they do try to engage her, but the staff is not too push which is great! I know that my grandmother is safe and she's is being taken care of when I am not there. Getting her medications is never a problem. The staff has excellent bed-side manner and makes sure that her medication is on time every day; which is very important. Summerset has a very homelike atmosphere, all the people who work there have been very helpful and very kind. The times I have been there they have been the most kind and nurturing to the people that are there and I'm very appreciative of that.
My family is extremely impressed with the facilities and the staff. They are delightful to work with. We are so impressed with the ownership and staff that we have had 6 family members live at Summerset in the past 8 years. There is not another assisted living facility in the state that we would have our family live. When the time comes, my wife and I plan to live at Summerset!

Good look

The nurse staff is rude, highly incompetent and lacks compassion and respect for the elderly. The majority of the community require assistance that would require them to be monitored and assisted in a more skilled environment. The support staff needs to be increased so there is a safe and suitable patient to caretaker ratio. The system that is in place for insuring that the community receives their medications is insufficient and unstable.

My mother is living there right now, ...

My mother is living there right now, and it's very nice. Very cordial. The staff there were very attentive to mother. They've got a good variety of activities and have good care services available as well.

Very Impressed

I was really impressed with Summerset. It's a fenced in community. You have to call for them to open the fence and when you get to the front door, it's coded. It's a very very safe senior community. I love the way that every time I go there, there is always someone with my mother. She seems to be adapting very well. They seem to have a lot of activities but my mother doesn't really care to participate. I know they have stretching exercises and puzzles. All these places are kind of expensive but they give you a lot for your money. So far, I'm still very impressed.

Location good. Staff nice. ...

Location good. Staff nice. Memory care unit an afterthought. Facility nice. $3000 community fee.

Toured on July 6. Very fr..

Toured on July 6. Very friendly staff. Very clean community. The tour was a bit disjointed, I did not worry about it at the time because I assumed that I would receive literature with more information about the community and the floor plans, and the general culture, e.g., active, engaged, progressive, etc. But the communication pieces were brief and consisted of very general information and information about the origin and history. I remained confused about the layout of the buildings and the floorplans for the rooms. The representative said that she could not give a price for even the basic room sizes because cost would depend upon an assessment? She finally gave a starting range of 'about 3000.00.' Most of the rooms that I did visit were occupied. The one 'respite' room that was not occupied was roomy, and nicely furnished, but felt damp. (We concluded that the carpet may have been damp from a recent cleaning.) I didn't gain an understanding of the ideal/targeted type of resident, but most of the residents appeared to be very sedentary. In comparison to other assisted living communities, the environment is more like that of a nursing home. This community offers fewer opportunities for socializing and engagement compared to other facilities, but perhaps it is the appropriate level for the population. Smoking requires an escort. Very nice music plays throughout the buildings, but I would worry that the caregivers would not be heard above the sound. I would also have preferred a larger ratio of caregivers to patients. (Perhaps the weekends have a smaller staff.)

The facility and staff were...

The facility and staff were very nice but the fees were too high.