Arbor House of Midwest City, LLC - Midwest City, OK

We toured many homes before choosing Arbor House for my mom. She is in the memory care unit at Arbor House. This home is clean, the staff are like family and they care for our mom like she is her family. The staff is very kind and optimistic. Alzheimer's can be very difficult for the person and for their family. The staff at Arbor House make the residents feel very relaxed and comfortable. I would highly recommend this community.

Arbor House of Midwest City

I toured Arbor House while looking for living options for my mother. I thought that it was a nice place, but it was a little older than some other communities I looked at, and it was much bigger. I was afraid my mother might get lost there. I ultimately chose another community for her care.

Adjustment Process is Slow

My aunt has settled in and overall doesn't want to be there but she is doing well. Her personal living space is nice kept clean. The staff is friendly and kind they try to engage the residents to participate in the daily activities. The food seems to be ok. My brother lives closer than I do so he does more visiting and has not had any complaints so far.

Safe Environment!!

I have recently made the move into this community and so far everything has been going very well for myself. The staff are excellent and I have been comfortable with the care they have been providing me since I have been here. I like that it feels just like home and that it is a smaller facility then most. I am very comfortable and feel very safe in my new living environment. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Very nice community.

Independent Cottage 850 sq ft. 1 bed/1 bath $1800. Meals $700 2 people 3 meals per day. Housekeeping $50 on Fridays pay as you go. Pets $500 one time fee plus $50 yard cleanup. Scooters $500 one time fee.

As good as it gets!

I helped my father move in, I was there for 5 days and talked to a lot of people. I was very impressed with the staff and how friendly everyone was. We really liked it and my father was happy while he was there. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

I would recommend this community.

This community is in a good location for us as it is close to mom's doctors. The community is not very old and it is well taken care of. The food is good and they offer a lot of activities. The staff are professional and seem to really care about the residents.

We liked the people and the place. The price was reasonable, however they were more hands off even with the assisted living group. Wasn't as many services provided onsite as I found with Emerald so when you add in services they maybe about even or more expensive depending on the needs we may face. All in all, my parents liked this facility.

Very nice Home for our Mom

Arbor House staff very friendly and helpful . Very nice and comfortable for my mother in law
The memory care area is very accomadating for her needs
She has only been there a week and She seems to be adjusting well.

Happy Mom

This is a great community. The staff is wonderful. My mom is looking really good and like being able to get involved with activities. The food appears to be good with a nice variety. She is also happy that the rooms are very clean. We would recommend this community to other families.

Great care.

I was very happy with the care that my received here. The staff was very caring and understanding. He was happy with the food and the variety. It is a very clean and beautiful community. They do have activities for participation. I would highly recommend this for other families that want great care.

Arbor House is a very nice facility conveniently located. The staff was warm and friendly and welcoming, easing my apprehension of my husband's relocating to a new place and unfamiliar surroundings. The memory care unit is small and secure, well maintained, and the nurses are patient and kind to the residents.

A Good Place

Things are going well and we are pleased. My mother has adjusted well to the community. The staff is nice and very helpful. They offer nice activities and good food. They are caring for her very well. I would recommend this community.

beautiful place

For all they do at Arbor House of Midwest City, LLC. it is not that bad of a price. I do wish dad could use his VA benefits. This facility is close to home, it's nice, and my parents like it. One thing I would have the staff improve on is their communication. I didn't know what all the levels of care meant on a scale of 1,2,3, and 4. They need to communicate that better upfront and thoroughly explain everything. I would also like to see their communication about medications improve. I would like a list of the amount of medication they have been given each week and if they have had them go off any medications. I am the one that takes them to the doctor so I really need to know all of the information. Some times I feel guilty asking because the staff get defense and I really don't mean to ask in a negative way. I just need the information. Mom and dad haven't participated in too many activities but from what I have seen they offer quite a bit. This facility really is a beautiful place and the staff are so sweet. The food is also excellent here. We even pay to eat with them sometimes when we visit because it is so good. Overall I really love this facility.

A God Send

The Caregivers are the most friendly people and always happy and in a good mood. Very patient, kind and attentive to the residents. My mother is very happy there and seems quite content. The meals look very appetizing and nutritious. Family members have stated it's a very nice and clean environment; something they weren't expecting from a dementia care facility, I guess.

My big concern is with meals

My big concern is with meals, a lot of it is inedible, I would give the food a one. It's not great quality, and not prepared very well. They don't have a lot of variety for someone with stomach issues. They are starting something new, if there is something on the menu and I can't eat it, they won't put it on the plate so you can have something added or removed now. We are frequently short staffed, and they are working very hard, and for the most part they are friendly. You have to go down and sit for the meal whether or not you are eating, because that is when you get your medications. They have a big swing set in the back yard next to an open hole, and I worry about that being dangerous. For the most part the community is kept clean, but there can be occasional odors from residents not cleaning up after the pets good enough. They have activities depending on what one likes. A lot of the activities are repetitious they do the same things over and over again. The instructors for the fitness class could use a little more training. I chose them because of the friendliness of the staff. I like the location too, the neighborhood itself is really nice.