Timberwood Assisted Living - Oklahoma City, OK

I really liked the rooms here. They are large with a small kitchen area & full bathrooms, so he wouldn't have to leave room to shower. Price is great, only downside is there weren't any men there. Only women, so not sure about that.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we appreciate your review of our community!

Retirement living without the frills

Lots of contacts. Was looking for independent living with access to memory care. We didn't want a progressive retirement center. We are retired military so we wanted close to military facilities. Quiet area but easy access to entertainment, shopping and the airport. Moving from a rural area to the city without actually being in the downtown area was what we wanted and what we found. Very reasonable price was a must. Found what I wanted in one week.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback!

Caring Resident

We like Timberwood Memory Care and the only reason we are leave is to get closer to home.

SLC Midwest

Mary, thank you for sharing your review; we appreciate your feedback!

A tour for care

We toured this community and found that we liked the staff and the cleanliness of the environment. The menu was appealing and the list of activities would have been helpful. We wanted a community closer, but would have been happy with the care that is offered. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of Timberwood! We appreciate your recommendation of our community and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

This has been the least pricey and I can't see [Removed] living here. Building is older and memory care is somewhat new to this center. Not what we are looking for.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit to Timberwood was not a five-star experience. We practice an open-door policy, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

Independent Living - $2550 2 bed/2 bath duplex style, laundry, full kitchen, 2 car garage. Maintenance, lawn care, basic cable, utilities. No housekeeping. Activities provided. Meal plan $425 2 people 3 meals per day or $5 per meal. $2000 community fee. 1250 sq ft. Pet deposit $1500 one pet.

Other options for dad

I toured this community. I was not happy with the cleanliness of the community. I could not see my father here and the community looked like a bad fit for my father. The staff was not friendly and did not seem to care. I think other families might not accept this community.

SLC Midwest

We sincerely apologize for any negative experiences you had while visiting our community. We strive to always exceed expectations, which includes providing best-in-class care to our residents. We would like to speak with you to learn more about your experience. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director, Shelley, at our community number. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you.

My mother is very happy at Timberwood

My mother has been a resident for a little over a month and we are both very pleased. There have been a few minor problems but once staff is notified they are extremely responsive and correct the problem quickly. I really believe they are good hearted employees that have the residents best interest in mind. Andrea the director is wonderful.

They're fantastic! The people are fantastic, always smiling. If they have anything I need to know they tell me and they have invited me and the family to eat there. Maintenance guy and everyone there is fantastic.

Warm and welcoming

Looking for a new home for my sister was a rather daunting task for her son and me. However, we both had a good feeling from the beginning about Timberwood. The residents and staff were so friendly, and the atmosphere was very homey. My nephew and I have felt perfectly at ease about choosing Timberwood, especially after enjoying their Mardi Gras family party and watching other families interact and participate in the fun and food.

Andrea Pickett was not ther...

Andrea Pickett was not there to assist me. I was assisted by a technician; however, she seemed very knowledgeable about the community except for pricing. Memory Care unit outside area was not tidy at all. Liked the common areas and dining. Saw some staff about esp in Memory Care unit.

Wonderful place. Clean and caring sta...

Wonderful place. Clean and caring staff. Would recommend.

Just walk into Timberwood and look ar...

Just walk into Timberwood and look around, its gorgeous, it doesn't smell, things are just going wonderful. It's a good place.

Timberwood Senior Living is a modern community designed to free seniors from the burden of daily chores while offering them the level of assistance with day-to-day living they need or desire. Built in 2001 on a 5.7-acre site and expanded in 2004, Timberwood is tastefully furnished, with a warm, homey atmosphere and offers services and amenities tailored to fit seniors’ individual lifestyles.

Timberwood’s first phase includes 37 units for assisted living with a total capacity for 39 residents. Assisted living residents have access to a library/study, an activity center, card and game areas, a beauty/barber shop, group dining room, private dining room, coffee center, great room, and above-ground safe room. This phase also includes nine units in a secured Alzheimer’s section with capacity for 12 residents.

The second phase at Timberwood includes three duplex townhouses with six units for independent senior living and three rental options ranging from low service to high service. These comfortable, upscale townhouses have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, laundries, and two-car garages for seniors who want an active lifestyle but also want freedom to choose suitable services and assistance with daily living when needed.

Timberwood’s location in Oklahoma City (pop. 530,000) provides endless opportunities for sightseeing, activities, entertainment and field trips. The city’s many attractions include the City Arts Center, the Governor’s Mansion, Martin Park Nature Center, Oklahoma City Zoo, State Fair Park, State Museum of History, Stockyards City, and more.

Oklahoma City’s downtown area has undergone something of a renaissance as Bricktown, an early-day warehouse dis