Alexandria Place - Jackson, TN

My mother was treasured here

My mom passed away after being at Alexandria Place for a year. We truly believe we would not have had the last year with her if it had not been for the wonderful, caring staff there. Mom really needed somewhere between assisted living and nursing home care. Until we visited Alexandria Place, we did not think such a place existed. It seemed to be one or the other and neither option would provide her with the quality of life we felt we should have. Of course, I made it very clear in my first letter how indebted we were to the staff at Alexandria Place; and over the course of the year Mom was there, those feelings did not change. In fact, our appreciation for the care she received grew.
When I first wrote to you several months after Mom moved in, I had not met and gotten to know the administrator. I believe she was on leave when Mom came. She has been a joy to deal with. Anytime I have needed to talk with her, even after her regular workday was done, she responded immediately and helped with anything she could. The emergency room Doctor said it was not unusual for the family to arrive and then be told their loved one had passed away. She was compassionate enough to make what I am certain was a very difficult call to me so I did not walk into that ER without knowing what I faced. She offered to help me in any way she could and I gladly took her up on her offer. If not for her, we would have had to deal with so many things when we were emotionally raw and dealing with our loss. Thanks to her, we were able to come to Mom's room a couple of times and turn it all over to [name removed]. She asked me what we needed and wanted and then she simply took care of it. Everyone facing this situation should have someone like HER, but unfortunately, as we have learned from friends in similar situations, not everyone is as lucky as we were. You are very fortunate to have her but I'm sure you know that or she wouldn't be there!
Thank you for all you do to help families with the care of their loved ones.

Mom loved here!!

My mother came to live at Alexandria Place because at the time she was not doing well. She had fallen earlier in the year and broken her hip. While the surgery itself was successful, her move from independent to assisted living did not go well. We moved her into an "award-winning" facility in Jackson thinking we were doing our best to see she was safe and well taken care of. It was a disaster. Even with daily visits and my husband and I doing most of the "assisting," Mom's health declined rapidly. I finally just called an ambulance and had her taken to the hospital. There the nurse told me if they had allowed a patient to get in that condition, they would have been fired. Imagine my guilt. I had trusted these people and believed them when they said they were doing everything possible to care for Mom but given her age these things just happen.

You can imagine how skeptical I was when we began to make plans for Mom's care after discharge from [removed]. When we went across the street to visit Alexandria Place it seemed to be exactly what Mom needed. Small enough for one-on-one attention, clean, quiet, and in a nice safe area. Everyone we met with seemed very caring and professional. Residents appeared satisfied and cared for. However, given our terrible experience previously, this was not enough to make it an easy decision. What tipped the scales and made the difference was the Director of Nursing. When she spoke of "her ladies' and her love for them and desire to take of them, there was such genuine emotion behind her words and in her eyes. When she showed us around, it was obvious the feeling was mutual. We saw their faces light up when they saw her. It may sound overly dramatic but I felt an instant connection. We could trust this woman to take care of Mom. For the first time in months, I slept through the night knowing Mom was going to be in good hands.
Mom loved Alexandria Place and told me every day how good everyone is to her and how happy she was to be here. Her health improved 100% and the past bad experience faded. While I feel the Director of Nursing was the reason Mom came, I now see all the staff have the same caring loving attitude. You never get the impression people are just putting in the time and picking up a paycheck. While I know no place is perfect, Alexandria Place comes pretty close. Since most of our friends are facing these same issues with aging family members, we do not hesitate to recommend Alexandria Place.

Loved it!!

My parents were at Alexandria Place for over 1 year. When they were ready to be released from nursing home rehab-I knew they needed more care than would be affordable & practical to do at home. Alexandria Place was directly across from the nursing home & had come highly recommended by a good friend. [Name removed], the Administrator, came to evaluate them. We were thrilled that they qualified! Of course-it’s a sad & scary thing when you can’t go home. We were all worried how they would adjust & how affordable it would be. From the first time we met [name removed], she was wonderful! She was patient & kind, answering our questions over & over until we understood & felt comfortable with the arrangements. On the night we moved them in, [name removed] greeted us at the door & told my parents if there was anything they needed to just to let her know. They have grown to love [name removed] & her awesome staff! They constantly brag on all the people & the food!!! They also enjoy the activities such as entertainment & Bible studies, games, etc. The nurses are also excellent-anytime they see one of them not feeling well-they take immediate action-before they get really sick. My Dad commented just the other day that the only place they would leave Alexandria for-would be home! He tells everyone, you can check out any community in Jackson, but you will end up right back here at Alexandria Place because it is second to none! As an only child, I have such comfort knowing they are cared for 24 hours a day- with love & patience. Alexandria Place has been a big blessing in all our lives!!! This transition is tough on everyone I hope you consider this community options for your loved one!

Amazing Place

An AMAZING place where the residents are cared for like family. The home-like decor makes the place seem so welcoming.

My mom moved there a month ago and she has greatly improved because of their excellent care and encouragement! She loves the staff, the residents, her room and the food! We can't say enough good about Alexandria Place!

Excellent love and care

My dear Sister lived at Alexandria Place in Jackson, TN. from early January until late March 2018.

She was suffering from defective heart valves, and valve replacement was not an option.

She moved to Alexandria Place, this past January, just before a huge snow-storm. I live on the extreme North Side of Jackson, and she lived on the extreme South side of Jackson. Her one son lives in Memphis. The streets were so slick that neither my husband or I could drive to check on her.

Of course, we were concerned. She had no phone in her room, but I called one evening to check on her, and a sweet employee took the phone to her room. When she answered she said, "Don't worry, I'm Fine."

Later, I realized that she really was fine "indeed." She was receiving the very best care available in Jackson, or anywhere for that matter. For the first time in months, I could rest at night knowing that she was being taken care of by a caring and professional staff.

I feel that you can trust the Staff at Alexandria Place completely. It gives one
great peace of mind to know that your loved one is being cared for with the respect and dignity that they deserve.

Our entire family was totally satisfied with our experiences at Alexandria
Place, and we give it our highest recommendation. We really can't say enough about the Staff, and the kindness that they showed us each and every day. We made new friends for life.

Thank You So Much for being there for us in Every Way,

My mother's heart was set on living out her days in the house daddy built for her when they married, but circumstances required a change. We daughters didn't realize the toll social isolation was taking on her until she adjusted to group living in the facility and her old personality blossomed again. She just loves it! When we make occasional visits back to the farm, she is always the first one in the car to return when it's time to leave. We are so blessed to have found such a wonderful place with loving, caring staff where she is so content.

Such a Caring Atmosphere

My experience at Alexandria Place has been nothing short of amazing! The staff there are the most caring people. They tenderly love all of the residents like they are their own. I really enjoy the family nights, entertainment and the community outings. They are always laughing and having fun. Thank you all for taking great care of the residents!!

My experience at Alexandria Place has been nothing short of amazing. The staff there are the most caring people. They tenderly love all of the residents like they are their own. I really enjoy the family nights, entertainment and the community outings. They are always laughing and having fun. Thank you all for taking great care of the residents.

Not my on my preferred list. Will kee...

Not my on my preferred list. Will keep information.

Alexandria Place, assisted living by Americare, is located right here in Jackson, Tennessee. We offer a gracious lifestyle to area seniors seeking care outside the home. Our quiet setting is just minutes away from health care and shopping.

Need an occasional helping hand? Don't want to live alone? Alexandria Place assisted living offers just the right touch of care, companionship, and comfort. We handle the everyday, so you can enjoy every day.

When the demands of living in your home require more than you're willing and able to give on your own, you'll find a welcome home with us. We believe in exercising just the right touch, one more felt than seen. Come see for yourself. You'll be surprised at how comfortable you feel. Come experience the Americare difference.