Alexandria Manor Senior Living Centers - Nazareth, PA

Home Away From Home

My mother and father were residents in Alexandria Manor - Nazareth in the past year. The staff and administration was very helpful and friendly. On-site occupational and physical therapies were available. They were very happy at Alexandria Manor and enjoyed all the activities available to them. The facility made my parents feel like they were part of their family. My parents had excellent care at this facility and I would recommend it to anyone.

Dedicated management

This community has a newer and an older side. The older side has large rooms and offer higher levels of service. The new side is beautiful and comfortable. I've worked with the management for over 10 years and I can attest to their dedication to the residents.

Home away from Home

The decision to move your loved one into a facility is never an easy one. Alexandria Manor is a home away from home for your loved ones. Compassionate care by owners, administration and staff. They will care for yours as one of their own.

visted both Nazareth and Bethlehem. Liked rooms at both. Only drawback might be that there is no transporation to Drs. appt. provided. Preferred Nazareth as there is very limited parking at Bethlehem. Dad was supposed to come with us but then decided he wasn't ready at this time.

This was so nice for my father-in-law

My father-in-law has since passed away but his stay here even throught is was short was very, very nice. It is a very nice community, well kept up and the staff were so kind to him and took just great care of him. We would recommend them to our friends and family.

Excellent Care

They provide excellent care. When the call bell is rung, they are there within minutes, much better than most Hospitals. Aides are very friendly and caring.

My Mother is Doing Very Good Here

My mother is doing very well at this community, and I'am pleased with her move here. I know she is in good hands and safe here. It is a good looking community, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is good, they have been helpful and kind. They do have activities available for the residents. The meals are good, she is pleased with the meals. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out great for us.

Food needs improvement!!

The community is beautiful and kept very clean . The staff could be more attentive to my loved ones needs and have quicker response times. The food is very small portions and horrible options to choose from , needs a lot of improvement

Independent Care Alexandria Manor Nazareth

My Uncle moved into the independent living apartment/house of Alexandria Manor in Nazareth at the end of [Removed].

-The apartment is adequate. A single bed, end table & dresser with mirror & a chair were already in the room.

-The meals are brought to him daily. They are always hot & the kitchen staff is always pleasant & friendly. The meal selection is good, as my Uncle says, "it's not like home" but it is good.

-His room is cleaned weekly along with his laundry. Laundry is folded neatly & clean when returned. There is a little language issue with the housekeeping staff, but they get their message across to each other.

-There were some maintenance issue that still haven't been addresses.
*When my Uncle moved in, a new AC unit was placed in his apartment. On the day he moved in it was in the 90's and the AC unit sat in the box. My cousin had to remove it from the box & install it in order to cool the room. At age 82 along with the move this AC unit should have been installed & already cooling the room. We gave them 2 weeks notice on his move in date.
*The key to the door from his room to the porch didn't work. I requested this be fixed. 2 weeks later nothing had been done along with multiple requests to [Removed] in that time period. I purchased WD40 in hopes of extracting the key from the lock. Thats all it took. But once again no help.
*I had to have keys made for my Uncle at the hardware store. Once again they had 2 weeks notice he was moving in but on the day he moved in, there were no keys made up. The last thing i wanted to do was run around & have keys made after moving him in to a hot apartment.
*There are uneven/unsafe concrete walkways that lead from the driveway to unsafe pavers that are set on top of mulch that leads to the ramp to my Uncles apartment. This has also been brought to [Removed] attention on the first day my Uncle moved in. So far nothings been done.

-My Uncle had eye surgery & i asked if a nurse could come over to assist with drops in his eye in the evening (10 minutes at most) [Removed] assured me that a nurse would come every night for 2 weeks so i wouldn't have to drive 40 miles round trip to make sure my Uncle had his drops (i came every day to give him his AM & afternoon drops). Only 1 nurse came the first night, because i had stopped in & asked if [Removed] had set something up with the nursing staff. No one came after that.

*Requests for a coffee maker & coffee have not been granted after being told this would be taken care of. Every morning my Uncle has to leave his apartment & walk across the parking lot to the Assisted Living building of Alexandria Manor to get coffee on the 2nd floor.

*There is no transportation. Which we were aware of.

*Activities are very limited if non-existent. There is nothing to do to stimulate the mind. My Uncle is very board. He is unable to drive due to his eye surgery. This also makes him depressed.

*We initially spoke with [Removed] before signing the lease. [Removed] was very helpful & assisted with the cost to make it manageable for my Uncle to afford the rent.

I'm sure it sounds like we are unhappy with Alexandria Manor in Nazareth. That is not entirely true. I am unhappy that i was told thing would be done and they were not. Don't promise something you don't intend to do.

My Uncle is not happy to have to move from his home and into an independent care facility but it does cover all his needs at this time.

I found Alexandria Manor to be the right fit for my mother. It is close to home, pleasant, cheerful and the staff seems caring and the price is within reach. My sisters and I, are putting money down to reserve an available room. Thank you for your help and support. Cindy Shook

Not Happy With What I Saw

I was supposed to get a tour for a different location but came to this community by accident. I sat in the waiting room for a long time, during that time no one approached or asked why I was there. While I was waiting I saw a women sleeping in her wheelchair at the dining table! I was not impressed with this location.

Mom is more active at Alexandria Manor!!

Mom is doing well since moving into Alexandria Manor. We are going to be moving her to another room where she will have her own shower and a small fridge. The community is kept up beautifully. The staff are very attentive to the residents and keep me update on my mom's progress. Mom enjoys the lunches the most as she said the meat is always tender. She enjoys doing sittercise and playing bingo. I would recommend.

My Loved One Loves It There

The experience in the beginning was a little difficult, because they put my loved one in a room by himself, so then they transferred him to a room with someone and it took some time adjusting. But he loves it there now and he tells me he is glad I put him in there.

I have to say my father has been living here for about the last five months. He tells me he is so glad that I put him there. The staff is so nice and helpful. It's piece of mind knowing he is being well cared for

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall this seemed like a very nice place! The staff were friendly and helpful, and it looks like they take great care of the people who live here. However, the community did have somewhat of an institutional feel, it wasn't quite as warm or homey as some others we had seen.

Alexandria Manor is elegant, affordable and home like.
- A safe and secure atmosphere
- All CPR certified employees
- Full sprinkler systems
- Monthly fire drills
- Proper ventilation and lighting
- Pull Bell System in every bathroom
- Department of Public Welfare – licensed
- Certified in Personal Care home – licensed
- Handicapped accessibility
- Short term, temporary care.