Ventura Hills - San Antonio, TX

Ventura Hills - San Antonio, TX has yet not published prices.

Really liked this also, staff were nice and spike to a resident who loves it. The only thing that it is further from family.

Happy and helpful residents

I toured here when looking for a place for my sister. It was very, very nice. I liked it but my sister didn’t seem to. I liked the grounds a lot and some of the residents were outside while we were touring. It seemed very safe and very accommodating. The facility was very clean and there weren’t any smells, which is normally the first thing I try to pay attention to. The residents all seemed happy and helpful and everything I saw was beautiful. It was a nice place all around but we ultimately went with a different community.

Dad's New Home

I really like this community for my dad they are working with me to keep my dad healthy and happy. He just isn't eating the food so the staff helps encourage him to do so.
The staff is nice and approachable and very patient with my dad. There are daily activities that they engage him on and he does enjoy them. The staff is really concerned and caring. The grounds are well maintained and is always clean inside. I would a recommend this community.

Great Price, Chef, and Staff Attention

This community has been a good fit for my mom. She is really adapting and everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I picked this community because the price was in our ball park and more great reasons. I had a chance to talk with the residents and they liked the place and they felt they got the attention they needed from staff. The chef is great. She gives an amazing menu daily with great variety to pick from. I also like how the assistant activities director always invites my mom to activities that are happening and my mom loves some specific games.

A tour for mom's care

We toured this community and we liked the staff that answered the questions we had on the care that is offered. We liked the list of the activities that we offered. We did not like the environment and it did not have the feeling that my mom was looking for. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of family member.

My husband's Comfort

We are very happy with the care from this community. The therapy is really helping my husband. We like the cleanliness of the community the variety of healthy meals. He is offered to participate in the activities with others. We would recommend this good community for the care of a loved one.

Untrained and inattentive staff!

The staff is obviously not trained in dementia or Alzheimer's care as they advertise. The staff did not administer my mother's morning medications, she became agitated, and instead of giving her the prescribed medications they called the police and had her taken to the hospital. When she returned later that evening they threw her into bed without a protective garment (underwear) on, when I arrived 30 minutes later she was shivering under a soaking wet sheet. My mother would have been left like that if I had not arrived. This place is horrible, do not send your loved one there. Aside from incompetent staff the residents all sit around the main room all day sad and depressed, they will tell you they have activities but there is nothing more than coloring books to keep them occupied.

Buildings appeared newer and the grounds were nicely maintained. Staff were all very nice and informative. Available apartments were nicely laid out and very clean, including a very spacious 1-bedroom with balcony. The memory care accommodations were quite good, and weighing value for the money, I think this location would be the best option for memory care for my mom. I'm not sure if overall this location is the best fit for my mom for assisted living, but I think if I were the one in need of assisted living, this would be my choice.

My First Choice But No Available Room

They have a dedicate room for respite visitor, its like walking into a hotel. They have linen ready and a bedside table with lamp. It was designed for a short term care. Their respite room was on the ground floor, he community is not all on one level. They did not have courtyard for my mom. It still was my top choice because they understood respite care. We did not use them because someone was using the room already.

Courteous Staff!!

My parents seem to be really liking the variety of meals that are offered at this community, there are many healthy options as well as an alternate menu for the residents to choose from if they are dissatisfied with what is being served. I do think that there could be some improvements on the staffing , they often seem very overwhelmed and short staff.

Best Of The Best!!

My loved one has been doing better than i thought he would be doing. The staff go above and beyond with his care. Since they are working with him on a special diet he has been doing much better health wise. I really like that he is engaging in bingo and other activities offered for him.

Great community!

We are very happy with the community at Brookdale Castle Hills. Our loved ones are doing fine since the move to the community. We are satisfied with the care that they are providing our loved ones.

Not the right fit for me!

The staff that offered the tour of Brookdale Castle Hills were very friendly and they were able to address all of my concerns. They seemed to offer a higher level of care for assisted living. The community was not as active as I was looking for.

My Mom's Experience

I set up the tours for my mom and when she went here she was happy with the tour. They were able to let her see the community and she felt the director was good. My mother met some good people here. This was one of her communities to choose from.

We really like this place!!

My loved one is in the memory care unit at this community. The staff are caring and have taken a personal interest in him. The food is good and they offer a good variety. The only issue I have is with the billing. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Mother loves it at Brookdale Castle Hills!

Moving my mother to Brookdale Castle Hills has been a wonderful experience! The staff is absolutely fantastic! Estella, the Sales Manager, is a joy to work with and was instrumental in assisting us through the process. I don't know what we would have done without her expertise. The nursing staff and care are top notch and do a great job of communicating with family as needed. They are kind and gentle people who take wonderful care of their residents. This facility has a family environment and culture that makes you feel comfortable and at home. There are tons of activities, exercise classes, and trips that are fun and keep the residents active and happy. My mother lives in a spacious studio apartment that has lovely wood floors and plenty of room. The meals are prepared lovingly and are super delicious. My mother brags daily about the food!
Brookdale Caste Hills has been such a blessing for my mother and she looks forward to keeping this as her home for many years to come!

Things are going pretty well.

Things are going pretty well. The people are just excellent and very cooperative. They have good activities. They are really good about working with us and making sure he is ready. It's been a pretty good experience.

Excellent move in experience

Jeremy Fontenot is outstanding at guiding families through the process of touring, checking in and moving into their apartments. Jeremy and his staff worked diligently to get my aunt transferred from another facility and settled in--even on a Saturday when most weekday staff is not there. My aunt is happy and secure in a very welcoming environment. I would readily recommend Brookdale Castle Hills to anyone!

The staff bends over backwards

The staff bends over backwards. They have been very accommodating. They were very helpful and continue to be helpful. It is spotless! The staff is very nice and helpful. I would recommend this place.

Five Stars

The facility is really clean and has a feel like home being their. I am pleased that this is the place we chose. The bedrooms are kind of big and great living area. The director are nice and answer all your questions. The staff is on top of things with everyone.

They did a great job and seem to be a wonderful facility.

They did a great job and seem to be a wonderful facility. It was clean and the staff was friendly. My loved one didn't stay long, but it didn't seem to have anything to do with the facility. We just didn't have a lot of experience.

You should definitely check it out, it's certainly worth looking into.

They are doing a great job. The staff is very friendly, and it's kept clean. The food would be a four. I picked them because I felt more welcomed by their staff than anywhere else, and the facilities were beautiful, I mean gorgeous! They also provided all the services in house that I needed. They had visiting doctors, and home health, and physical therapy, all of those kinds of services. You should definitely check it out, it's certainly worth looking into.

I am pleased with it.

I am pleased with it. The one thing that was an issue, was my contact information, I gave them all of my current contact information, somehow, they got an address that I had years ago and used that to mail some very important paperwork. Other than that they seem to be doing well.

Very pleased with the service, Mom is happy here

This is a very nice place. my Mom has a very lovely 2 room apartment and she is happy with it, and with the people. The staff are all friendly, and they're very responsive to her physical and care needs. They're very accommodating when it comes to family interactions as well! We had her birthday celebration here recently, and they were wonderful about getting the food we requested and having a space available for us to celebrate. And the food was very good!
I've only had one issue with them so far, and that was that after Mom suffered a fall they did not have information on hand about which hospital she should go to. My brother was first on the contact list and they were unable to reach him, but never tried me. Eventually Mom called me and I was able to give them the info, but I felt it was something they should have had on hand in the first place.

Very old, rooms needed mant...

Very old, rooms needed mantenance that were available and they weren't sure if that would be done before leasing.

Ventura Hills is located in a quiet neighborhood in San Antonio, Texas. We are very close to the North Star Mall as well as to Olmos Basin Park, both of which provide popular outings for our residents.

We provide personalized care in a nurturing environment. Individual care plans are developed for each resident, with their input and that of their doctor and families. Our community offers many features designed with your health and happiness in mind, including:

Assistance with daily activities
Chronic disease monitoring
Medication management
Transportation to medical appointments
Special diet accommodations
Emergency response system in bedrooms and bathrooms
Beauty and barber services
Exercise and fitness classes
Visiting rehabilitation therapists
Respite care
Hospice services
Pet care

Our residents can be as busy or as relaxed as they wish to be. We offer outings for shopping as well as mystery drives and special trips for those who like to be on the go. Residents enjoy the opportunity to mingle in our several lounges and restaurant-style dining room. Our large lounge includes a piano for resident use. Our themed luncheons, birthday celebrations and happy hours are especially popular. For the resident who prefers quieter activities, we have crafts, a computer area, a library and a plant-filled courtyard that is perfect for gardening or just relaxing in the shade.