Just Like Home Care - San Antonio, TX

• IV Therapy
  • Transfer Assistance
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Skilled Nursing

The utmost care and love for your aging love one

My mother was terminally ill with Cancer, and [Removed] agreed to allow her to live her last days on this Earth in this wonderful home. I can't stress enough what a blessing this was for all of us. The home is filled with so much light and wonderfully caring staff. My mom had a beautiful view out her windows of old oak trees and lush green grass, and the facilities were immaculately kept. They were completely on top of all of my mom's health needs, and very patient with her moods. I could probably write five pages about how much care and humanity there is in this home, but in just a few words, it's the very best place that someone you love could stay in when they are aging. I can't thank [Removed], [Removed], and the girls enough for everything, and I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to finally sing their praises. Please, please, contact [Removed] and consider having your lived one stay with her. It was the final gift that I gave my mother, and one that will stay with me forever.

What a BLESSING

I must say that finding and selecting JUST LIKE HOME CARE was the GREATEST BLESSING a family and my Mother and Father could have ever receive in our situation. My daughter and I selected JUST LIKE HOME CARE the same day we visited [Removed] and her staff. Every family member and friend that visited mom commented on how impressed they were with the home and all that cared for her.

Claudia Costescu

Thank you so much for trusting us with such an honor!

I Wanted My Mom to Stay at Home

I wanted my mom to stay at home, but as her only caregiver I got to the point where I could not lift her by myself, was asleep during her irregular sleep cycles, and was experiencing my own increasing levels of frustration and fear. She had had a wonderful, active life and I wanted only the best for her. I was so grateful to find Just Like Home Care. It really is a home, in a lovely neighborhood setting, scrupulously clean, with tasteful decor, a limited number of private and semi-private rooms, and excellent food cooked onsite in the open-plan kitchen. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable: I always made unannounced visits and was welcome to stay as long as I liked. When my mom passed, Claudia and her team handled it with great tact and dignity. The home is licensed by the state of Texas so it qualified for reimbursement by my mom's long-term care plan. It meant the world to me to know my mom had great care and I had peace of mind.

Claudia Costescu

Thank you so much, we were blessed to be able to care for her

A+++

This place is a gem! In a larger facility, my mother was not getting the individual attention she needed. I was fortunate that a social worker had told me about Just Like Home Care. Once I moved my Mom here, I could finally breathe again, knowing her needs would be met around the clock and that she would be loved and appreciated. The staff is consistent and each patient has a primary caregiver to attend to his/her every need. These caregivers are loving, giving and accommodating...absolutely amazing. This place goes beyond that though. Staff members have personalized my Mom's care, doing her hair the way she wants it, and her nails the way she wants them, watching SPURS games with her and even learning how to play Scrabble so they can play with her. My Mom has some significant medical needs, but I no longer worry, and I no longer fret over coordinating her care. Just Like Home Care is a beautiful home with very few patients and a great caregiver to patient ratio. I am thankful that I found this place. I cannot even put into words how awesome it is. Go see [Removed], the owner/manager, and you will see why patients and their families feel right at home here. We love her! We love the dog, Max, too. He makes us all smile.

Miss Rhonda,
Thank you so much for the sweet words.
Claudia

Home Sweet Home

Just Like Home is named correctly! It was a difficult decision when we had to find help to care for my mother, but once we interviewed the staff, we knew we found a place Mom could call home. It has all the amenities and even has pets that Mom enjoyed. The staff took such good care of her and always welcomed my family as part of theirs. For the 3 years my mother lived here, every time I visited she was always happy and that gave me comfort that she was receiving the very best care available. We are truely thankful to the owners and staff of Just Like Home for the superb care our mother received.

Claudia Costescu

Thank you so much Karen and Steve! Sending you our best, miss you all very much!

What a blessing!

A friend who was a social worker gave me several references to check out for my mom. I went here first and immediately fell in love with the facility. Although it is always difficult to realize you can no longer take care of a loved one, it is truly a blessing to find a facility like this. Both my dad and I were extremely impressed with the quality of care, the cleanliness of the facility, and the value. My mom received the best in care for the 21 months she was there.
As an additional word, I work in a nearby rehabilitation facility and have referred patients more than once. It is such a pleasure to have been a co-recipient with my mom of the love and care so amazingly given by the staff of this facility.

Claudia Costescu

Thank you so much for the lovely words!!!

Highly recommend!

I have known [Removed] for over six years and have made many referrals including my father. I find her care and concern and knowledge top notch. I recommend this home highly.

Thank you dear!

Moms best care

My mother was there in 2016. It was
grear for her as well as our family. I highly recommend them to everyone

Claudia Costescu

Thank you so much! It was wonderful to care for your mom!

Great Experience

Just Like Home Care has been a blessing to my family. My father was living at an independent care apartment home but just needed more care. My father's primary care doctor actually referred us to Just Like Home Care. His father in law had lived there and had a wonderful experience. We went to tour the residence and fell in love! This place is meticulously clean. It has a wonderful, warm , cozy feel with truly caring staff. This place is one of San Antonio's BEST! You will not be disappointed.

Claudia Costescu

Thank you so much! You guys were truly a blessing!!!

"Is to provide the highest level of loving
and personal care for our senior citizens,
in a non-institutional family-like environment.
We strive to be the ultimate long
term care alternative provided by
trained and qualified staff members."

Five-star reviews show prospective seniors the wonderful aspects of the Just Like Home care center in San Antonio, Texas. Located in the heart of the city, Just Like Home is an 11-bed facility that provides assisted living in a real homelike environment. The state-licensed facility is privately owned by a family that lives on-site, and it offers private and semi-private rooms. Pets are allowed at the facility, and although Just Like Home provides furniture, residents can bring their own. The house has cable and wi-fi, laundry and housekeeping services, and 24-hour personal care services.

General:

Wheelchair access
Cable television and wi-fi
Furniture provided but can be brought by the resident
Beautician services onsite
Scheduled activities
Outdoor areas for residents
Housekeeping & laundry services
Three meals daily plus snacks
Pet therapy

Dressing / undressing assistance
Grooming, shaving assistance
Eating assistance
Walking assistance
Transferring from chair, bed, bath
Incontinence care
Urinary catheter care
Health promotion and exercises

Customized meal plans and diets:
Low fat
• Low sodium
• Soft, chopped, pureed and thickened food
• No added sugar

Staffing Qualification and Credentials

Experienced 24-hour caregivers/staff
English-speaking staff
Caregivers certified with First aid / CPR / Nurse Delegation / Fundamentals of care giving / TB testing / Food Handling permits
Coordination of visiting nurse service
Coordination of PT, OT, and other therapies
Rehabilitation and exercising services from our caregivers available onsite (with limitations)
Home Doctor and podiatrist care on call (you must register with them for this service)
Criminal Background Checks on ALL caregivers