I would not take my mother or any of my loved ones to this place Is horrible. They always fights between the residents. The adminstrators don't care at all for the residents they only look at them as money. You want a place you want to leave you love ones and treat them as there own family and this place is despicable
San Bernardino CA is the county seat of Bernardino County and has a population of over 200,000 people. It is home to several universities, the first McDonald's, and many entertainment facilities. Hospitality Lane features many restaurants and retail establishments. It has a diverse community with is reflected in the variety of entertainment and even the names of landmarks and streets.
- Walkability score: San Bernardino has a walkability score of 42.
- Average age in the zip: The average of a resident of San Bernardino is 28.
- # of senior housing facilities in the zip: San Bernardino offers many senior housing facilities. Some are full care while others are assisted living facilities.
- Average weather info: Average high temperatures in January are 67° F and 96° F in July. Average lows are 42° F in January and 63° in July. Average rainfall is about 16 inches.
- Veteran's facilities in the area: Veteran facilities in San Bernardino include San Bernardino Vet Center and VA Loma Linda Healthcare System.
San Bernardino has many public transportation options including trains, buses and taxi services. Other transportation, such as ride shares, are available.
- Buses: Omnitrans is the citywide bus system. Most stops have buses every 15 minutes.
- Trains: San Bernardino has not only a Metrolink that connects the city to nearby cities, but it also has an Amtrack station.
- Taxis: There are many taxi options in San Bernardino. They can take you to the airport or out for a relaxing day of shopping.
- Ride shares: San Bernardino County has commuter services Ride Match service. Rideshares can also be found on Carpool World, Uber and Craigslist.
San Bernardino offers many healthcare options to its residents. Crime is very low and mainly consists of non-violent crimes.
- Hospitals in the area: San Bernardino has many hospital options for seniors' health care needs such as: The Loma Lina University Medical Center and Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
- Crime rate in the zip: Compared to the US average, San Bernardino has a low crime rate. Most crimes are burglaries and non-violent crimes.
There are several physical activities that seniors can do in San Bernardino.
- Golf courses nearby: Golf courses include Sierra Lakes Golf Club and Fiesta Village Family Fun Park.
- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: Many public parks, such as San Sevaine and Lime Street Park, offer tennis courts to the public. The Arrowhead Country Club also offers tennis to its members.
- Gyms nearby - senior friendly (aerobics): For those who want to stay in shape, there are several gyms open to seniors. The Highland Family YMCA offers a variety of fitness options for seniors.
There are many things to do in San Bernardino, such as visit the beach, shop and eat at fine restaurants.
- Clothes Shopping nearby: Shopping for clothes is easiest in one of the several malls in San Bernardino. The Inland Center has many fine retailers such as Macy's.
- Grocery stores: There are a variety of grocery stores in San Bernardino. From Mexican focused stores to Asian markets, you are sure to find what you need.
- Restaurants: San Bernardino has a number of fine eating establishments. From Pho Mai to India Clay Oven, there's sure to be something to satisfy every appetite.
- Movie theaters: San Bernardino offers three movie theater options. Regional Cnemas and Harkins Theaters offer modern multiplex while the Regency Theatre offers a smaller retro feel.
- Libraries: For the book lovers, San Bernardino has several public libraries. Other libraries include the San Bernardino Valley College Library and San Bernardino Law Library.
- Senior friendly salons (men and women): Whether it's a simple hair cut or a day at the spa, San Bernardino offers many salon options.
- Attractions: San Bernardino is steeped in history and culture. What better way to spend the day than visiting the San Bernardino History and Railroad Museum or the San Bernardino National Forest.
With it's rich cultural background San Bernardino has many options for resident's spiritual needs.
- Religious facilities nearby: Find your inner peace by attending one of the may churches in San Bernardino.